How many "Joe Sixpacks" have 20k to lose?

blzrul

I guess the financial crisis must be over. The lunatic mob is back to obsessing about Palin 24x7. :rolleyes:

Yep! When you you have a would be Prez that has 7 houses and a would be VP that lost 20k in this down turn... Why not obsess... They are so unlike the working slobs they claim to be like.

Out of touch... Nothing wrong with obsessing when people are lying to you.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! When you you have a would be Prez that has 7 houses and a would be VP that lost 20k in this down turn... Why not obsess... They are so unlike the working slobs they claim to be like.

Out of touch... Nothing wrong with obsessing when people are lying to you.

Did anybody ever stop to think that the "poor" people are out of touch with the "rich" people? Lot's of "rich" people were "poor" on one point in their lives.

I am 40 and save around 20% of my salary... I save. I don't spend.

Good - people don't appreciate the difference that 5-10 years of hard saving can make to their retirement. And that pays off by taking a lot of anxiety out of their working years.

(The only question is: what will be the dividend and capital gains rates when you retire? Double those, and you need to double your nest egg.)

People settle in an area, then lose a job. People go back to school later in life, need loans to do it, stay in an area they're familiar with. You make it sound like people shouldn't go back to school, get an education, or try and get by in the area they've settled in. The solution to you is "Fug 'em. Let them move to the sticks." That's a load of crap.

Sorry to make it sound that way because that was not my intention. My intention was to say that people should ALWAYS do whatever they want and/or need to do, but to do so with an attitude of personal accountability. That is to say, live your life with no expectations for anyone to bail you out. Unfortunately, when Obama is president, individual personal accountability will be replaced with entitlement taxes.

But like I've said, I'm all for Obama/Biden in '08. In my opinions, few things will wake this country up faster.

Did anybody ever stop to think that the "poor" people are out of touch with the "rich" people? Lot's of "rich" people were "poor" on one point in their lives.

Of course they are out of touch with the rich people... they are not rich and most likely living paycheck to paycheck.

Great. More people for me to bail out because they chose to spend instead of save.

All those years that you've been hearing about the plight of social security, it never occured to you that if *you* don't suck it up for a few years and put away a lot of money now, you'll never have enough to retire on? Or do you have a pension?

Not "spending" at all. Like most Americans we're getting by. It's laughable to hear people blurt out nonsense like "suck it up and put away money." You don't think people would if they could? You think everyone that's just living within their means can just sock money away? The problem is that you just assume everyone is lazy or throwing money around in some spending frenzy. You're wrong. Don't get me wrong, my family is not poor. We both work our tails off, have a car, a condo. We saved our asses off so we could both get an education. We saved our asses off to get a car. Then we saved our asses off to get the condo. Now we're saving our asses off to start a family. Then I'll probably have to work two jobs so my wife can quit hers because daycare costs so much. Then it's saving for the kids college. It's ludicrus to think people are choosing to not save money for retirement. It's just not that simple.

Of course they are out of touch with the rich people... they are not rich and most likely living paycheck to paycheck.

So it's ok for "poor" people to be out of touch with the "rich" but it's somehow a sin for the "rich" to be out of touch with the "poor." Why aren't the "poor" contacting the "rich" so ask "so tell me, how did you do it."

In the meantime, JDoH (John's Dozen of Houses) McCain is selling one of his mansions in Phoenix: 13 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, 50,000 square feet, 22 flat screen televisions. Can you relate to that?

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/polit...e.for.sale.ktvx

Yes I can. I know it wasn't given to him. He somehow came up with the money to buy it. Imagine that.

In the meantime, JDoH (John's Dozen of Houses) McCain is selling one of his mansions in Phoenix: 13 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, 50,000 square feet, 22 flat screen televisions. Can you relate to that?

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/polit...e.for.sale.ktvx

You know the biggest difference between libs and everyone else? Libs absolutely can not stand to see someone have more than them.

Stand tall, PastaJoe...once McCain sells his house, that'll be more money for President Obama to take from him and give to the little people who "just don't understand." :rolleyes::oops:

Not "spending" at all. Like most Americans we're getting by. It's laughable to hear people blurt out nonsense like "suck it up and put away money." You don't think people would if they could? You think everyone that's just living within their means can just sock money away? The problem is that you just assume everyone is lazy or throwing money around in some spending frenzy. You're wrong. Don't get me wrong, my family is not poor. We both work our tails off, have a car, a condo. We saved our asses off so we could both get an education. We saved our asses off to get a car. Then we saved our asses off to get the condo. Now we're saving our asses off to start a family. Then I'll probably have to work two jobs so my wife can quit hers because daycare costs so much. Then it's saving for the kids college. It's ludicrus to think people are choosing to not save money for retirement. It's just not that simple.

Sorry Johnny, but part of living within your means is includes "socking money away".

You know the biggest difference between libs and everyone else? Libs absolutely can not stand to see someone have more than them.

Stand tall, PastaJoe...once McCain sells his house, that'll be more money for President Obama to take from him and give to the little people who "just don't understand." :rolleyes::oops:

Actually I think he just conceded the election. He knows that "when" Obama gets elected he'll raise the Cap Gains rate to at least 20%. He's just saving himself 5% of the gain buy selling now as opposed to later.

No. Totally untrue.

I don't mind someone having more. I just want to see the person below me have the same or MORE.

What bothers conservatives is that equity. They have to constantly distance themselves from others.

Liberals want to bring people up. Conservatives want to distance themsleves.

Why I can't distance myself? Why my retirement isn't as high (I do admit... It will be getting close to Palin's and I am a few years younger)... Is because I make what you would say are "poor" choices and give too much away. But, it feels good!

Read the rest of the post.

How much was the car? How much was the condo? We all have to buy cars but if the car you're buying causes you not to be able to save for your future you can't afford that car. You are never going to win this arguement with me.

No. Totally untrue.

I don't mind someone having more. I just want to see the person below me have the same or MORE.

What bothers conservatives is that equity. They have to constantly distance themselves from others.

Liberals want to bring people up. Conservatives want to distance themsleves.

Why I can't distance myself? Why my retirement isn't as high (I do admit... It will be getting close to Palin's and I am a few years younger)... Is because I make what you would say are "poor" choices and give too much away. But, it feels good!

That is their job, not yours or mine.

There's no way you're really as dense as you're pretending to be with this response.

The issue people have with the McCain multiple mansion story is not that he has "more" than them. The McCain/Palin ticket has invested a lot of time and effort into trying to produce the perception amongst the so-called "Average American" that not only are they truly "Average Americans" themselves but that they are the only ones who are capable of representing the "Average American" in government because Obama is an elitist.

After having this propaganda piece beaten over our heads for months, you have the gall to claim it's jealousy when we scoff at McCain's housing situation?

For the last time, the bailout is of the entire financial system, not of companies or individuals. Trying to assign blame is a Sisyphusian feat.

The financial system has evolved to the point where two parties can agree on an intangible value of an asset, such as a claim on future cash flows from that asset. What I hear from the loudest detractors is that a return to more tangible assets is just what the country needs. If that's the case, then think about the ramifications, which include the elimination of all legal tender and the coing currency you carry will only we worth its pennyweight. It also means that the stock market should be worth $0.

Who knows, maybe colleges will start teaching alchemy courses again.