Will Greer be too expensive to keep?

We can always draft his replacement on day one :lol:

Malcolm Jenkins?

Why not? He is from Ohio State, will probably go in the 1st Round, we have all heard of him and he shows poise in the secondary!

*Just one thought on Nate Clements...I think he probably WAS worth the money he got in UFA, but he is on a team that has ZERO pass rush, and outside Patrick Willis, has no playmakers to help Nasty Nate.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, my two cents on that is good for him!! If that happens, he made it from an undrafted FA corner to scoring some serious scratch on a huge contract. The guy probably worked his a$$ of to get it.

Bravo Jabari, you are a solid football player

The one issue with Greer going to another team unlike Clements he was a UDFA and Bills get NO compensation. Shame all the investing and no return after he leaves.

I thought they used total value of contracts signed/lost to determine compensation?

...The only thing Greer would get by re-signing mid-year would be a relatively small cushion in the chance that he gets seriously hurt...

The Bills don't have to match what he would be projected to get in free agency -- just come close. If they get in the ballpark, then that would be enough to get him to sign and not take the risk of getting injured and not being a valuable commodity on the FA market. Buffalo has got to keep some top players -- can't always be expecting the next guy to be just as good as the last. Now, that may be true in this case, but the Bills need to keep some high-talent experience on the team. I'd like to see them make an effort to sign Greer.

Defense wins champinships!!!

Go Bills!

The Bills don't have to match what he would be projected to get in free agency -- just come close. If they get in the ballpark, then that would be enough to get him to sign and not take the risk of getting injured and not being a valuable commodity on the FA market. Buffalo has got to keep some top players -- can't always be expecting the next guy to be just as good as the last. Now, that may be true in this case, but the Bills need to keep some high-talent experience on the team. I'd like to see them make an effort to sign Greer.

Defense wins champinships!!!

Go Bills!

You're thinking with your heart, not with your head.

I can assure you that Jabari Greer has no intention of "not being a valuable commodity on the FA market." Seriously, who makes a choice to "not be[come] a valuable commodity" besides Edward in "Sense and Sensibility"? Dude hasn't worked his butt off to give Buffalo a dramatic hometown discount in days when big-market teams in need of a CB won't bat an eyelash to throw $10M+ guaranteed at him. Ralph will not do that.

The one issue with Greer going to another team unlike Clements he was a UDFA and Bills get NO compensation. Shame all the investing and no return after he leaves.

Ummm, NO. Any compensation for greer will be based on his contract value and the amount of time he pays next season versus who the Bills sign in FA.

You're thinking with your heart, not with your head.

I can assure you that Jabari Greer has no intention of "not being a valuable commodity on the FA market." Seriously, who makes a choice to "not be[come] a valuable commodity" besides Edward in "Sense and Sensibility"? Dude hasn't worked his butt off to give Buffalo a dramatic hometown discount in days when big-market teams in need of a CB won't bat an eyelash to throw $10M+ guaranteed at him. Ralph will not do that.

I don't think you read my message carefully. I'm NOT suggesting he CHOOSE to not be a valuable commodity on the FA market. That would be foolish. What I AM saying that an INJURY might make that a reality. Let's say he has a great year, but gets injured in week 16 -- serious enough to harm his FA value. If he has a long-term contract with the Bills and can be healthy again the following season to play, then he is protected. If he gets hurt, teams will take a chance on him, but maybe not at the price they might have if he was 100% healthy. The choice Greer has is to take that risk. Then again, we don't even know if the Bills are talking with him anyhow, so it may be a moot point. He could agree to an extension with the Bills for just SLIGHTLY less than he might get as a FA and then not have to worry about staying healthy this year. Injuries are a reality of the game and players must take this into consideration at all times.