Bills Prediction to be in Superbowl

SouthernMan

I was listening to Fox Sports and one of the guys predicted it would be a rematch of the Bills and Giants in the superbowl.

Don't know if he was sincere or just thought it would be cool.

Ok, so everyone has an opinion, but how great a story if the Bills, after the untimely passing of Buffalo's favoritte son and ultimate Bills fan, Tim Russert, makes it back, to Tampa, against the Giants. And oh yeah... they announced today that Russert friend and musical idol, Bruce Springsteen, is doing the halftime show.

Is it in the cards?

How about a happy ending this time?

If the Bills win in Tampa and we see double rainbows after the game, I KNOW there's a hereafter.

I was listening to Fox Sports and one of the guys predicted it would be a rematch of the Bills and Giants in the superbowl.

Ok, so everyone has an opinion, but how great a story if the Bills, after the untimely passing of Buffalo's favoritte son and ultimate Bills fan, Tim Russert, makes it back, to Tampa, against the Giants. And oh yeah... they announced today that Russert friend and musical idol, Bruce Springsteen, is doing the halftime show.

Is it in the cards?

If the Bills win in Tampa and we see double rainbows after the game, I KNOW there's a hereafter.

It has been known for a while that springsteen was playing the Superbowl, but I would much rather beat the Cowpukes in the Superbowl than the Giants.

Is it in the cards?

Unless the O-line plays a lot better we won't win a playoff game but we might just get there in spite of it.

Is it in the cards?

Taking it back to where it started...sort of given it's not in the Sombrero. But I'm feeling the sentiment. Super Bowl's on NBC too, think of how much Russert coverage there'd be.

Jim Mora's not gonna be happy about this!!

Seriously, I say we should be able to have our fun and talk all we want. It's been a long time since we've had a legit team that we can have fun with. Think about it, THE BILLS ARE 4-0 AND LEAD THE AFC EAST........... let's not ruin it with reality......

Jim Mora's not gonna be happy about this!!

Seriously, I say we should be able to have our fun and talk all we want. It's been a long time since we've had a legit team that we can have fun with. Think about it, THE BILLS ARE 4-0 AND LEAD THE AFC EAST........... let's not ruin it with reality......

I concur :ph34r: We have to remember that as fans it is o.k. to predicict and pontificate, we don't suit up and play and I have said this before, just so the players remained focused game to game.

All the way baby!

I actually saw a double rainbow a couple weeks ago, arcing over the Tennessee River. Caught the image on my cell phone.

"I've got a feelin'... "

For anyone who doesn't know the "double rainbow" thing....

On the day of Russert's service in Buffalo, there was a nice rainstorm in WNY, followed by a huge double rainbow - one over the other.

One of my niece's friends took a beautiful picture of it.

The following day was the big memorial in Washington DC, with all the press, family, Luke, colleagues, Springsteen remote, etc. A truly beautiful sendoff by those who knew him. Again - a rainy day. As the service was ending, another huge glorious double rainbow was seen from outside the auditorium and shown on the broadcast by MSNBC.

It seemed somewhat symbolic of the father-son relationship that Tim Russert had wrote about in his book Big Russ and Me. Could also be interpreted as the soul of the man who left his hometown for the bigger stage in Washington - rainbows symbolizing his never forgotten Buffalo roots and his love of the political arena in Washington, the pulse of America.

It's nice to think his spirit had a hand in that imagry and that he might be guiding his beloved Bills to the other promised land.

If the Bills actually did win against the Giants in the Tampa superbowl, it would be an incredible story that would no doubt be tied in with the memory of Tim Russert. It could very well serve as a backdrop to a "Remember The Titans" kind of movie.

I could almost see the first seen: Jim Kelly getting the phone call that the Bills drafted him and then weeping and jolting for the rival USFL. The ending: The 2008 Bills raising the Lombardi trophy in victory. Of course, the movie would revolve around Tim Russert.

For those of you getting freaked out by superbowl talk, and are warning to "take on game at a time" or "let's get in the playoffs first" - I say, "Why?" Dream big. It's been a lot of years since we could realistically have this conversation.

As fans, we don't have to take it "one game at a time". Hell, I can take it a decade at a time if I want. I'm a fan, nothing more. We observe, discuss, be entertained, dream, speculate, imagine - that's what we do. Do you buy a lottery ticket and think, "I'll probably rip this up without winning anything"? Usually you take a minute or so to dream about what the winnings could mean. Yeah, I'm thinking superbowl. Premature? Maybe. So what? I'm not playing the frigging game!

And anyway, any player who tells you he's not thinking superbowl when training camp starts in a liar. Isn't that what they play for? Isn't that the goal?