TiTans better than Bills??????

Poeticlaw

So lets understand the sports world:

Titans played Jax, Cin, Hou and Min combined 3-12

Bills have played Seattle, Jax, Oak and STl combined 4-11

In my humble opinion Ttians had softer schedule to date

They both played JAX Buffalo scored 3 more points than Ttians but gave up 6 more points than Titans

Bills 109 63 and Titans 102 46

Titans 3 home games Bills 2 home games

Titans 3 AFC opponents Bills 2 AFC opponents

Titans had 3 Blowouts Bills had 2 blowouts

I dont know Looks pretty equal and they both should be getting the same recognition for their 4-0 starts I dont see one truly better than the other at this point. Both had soft schedules to this point and Both have won all 4 games. When does Buffalo get their recognition? If they continue to win or if the beat San diego or do we even want them mentioned as a team to beat.

I think Titans are only getteing theirs because they are the Titans lets go with name familiarity. Not the team who has been clawing their way the last 2 years being in playoff scenarios for the last 2 years. Seems a little skewed to me..anyone else?

I agree with you. However, I think the Titans get the edge right now because last year they were a playoff team - we were not. At least that's all I can figure. Still though, I've seen several pundits say the Bills are for real. So its all good.

titans w/ haynesworth in there are one of the best defenses in the nfl - if not the best. they've got a solid/exceptional running game, and none of their games have really been close. i'd be inclined to give them the nod at this point, too.

however, who really cares what our team was ranked after week 4? we're looking for the end of week 20. (or whatever week the SB is)

Titans are better on both lines. And there you have it.

Live here in NashVegas. I think the T**s are a more consistent team. Having said that - if they fall behind say by 14pts, they'd be hard pressed to have to come back. So the secret to beating them is to jump ahead and play keep away.

But with that D that's awfully hard to do.

C

The Titans have a dominant D, and their offense has yet to lay an egg. We might be solid in all 3 phases, but for now you gotta give the nod to the team with the game-changing D.

OK Ill take your so called argument:

Ten 4.2 yds per play Buff 4.7 yds per Play

Ten 3rd 57 31.6% Buf 3rd 52 19.2%

Ten 4th 9 55.6% Buff 4th 42.9 %

Ten TOP 29.36 Buffalo TOP 27.53

So in every category except yds per play BUFFALO is the dominate Defense NOT The Titans.

Your turn!

11.5 ppg allowed, 8 interceptions, 8 fumbles forced/4 taken away for the flaming thumbtacks...

our defense is improved, but i don't think we're in tennessee's echelon yet.

SO be it our own FAN base wont even support our tema how can we expect experets to.

Winner TITANS.

I mentioned this in another thread. The Titans opponents so far are no better than the Bills' opponents, and the Bills played the Jags in Jax in oppressive conditions. I agree that the greater love for them is based on rep, but is Kerry Collins the guy you want leading your offense for the long-term?

SO be it our own FAN base wont even support our tema how can we expect experets to.

Winner TITANS.

You know, I don't see people not supporting our team. Who really cares if the Titans are seen as better than the Bills 1/4 of the way into the season? Either they'll both keep up this level of play and be headed for a meeting in the postseason, or one will fall off letting us know which is better, or they'll both fall off. Any way you slice it, it may be a fun debate topic, but when you start saying that people who disagree with you aren't supporting the team, you're taking it way too seriously.

I mentioned this in another thread. The Titans opponents so far are no better than the Bills' opponents, and the Bills played the Jags in Jax in oppressive conditions. I agree that the greater love for them is based on rep, but is Kerry Collins the guy you want leading your offense for the long-term?

I think that both teams are almost exactly evenly matched, but didn't Collins lead one team to an NFC championship and another team to a Superbowl?

be a heck of a game. their lines would give us a hard time for sure. but our balance of weapons on offense and special teams could provide the big plays you need to beat a team like that. collins has the reputation for tossing up picks when he presses and gets behind. so get a lead against them and a big play on defense aka greer vs cards could be the difference maker. but since we wouldn't play them unless we meet in the playoffs, really not much use comparing them at this point. too many things can happen.

I think that both teams are almost exactly evenly matched, but didn't Collins lead one team to an NFC championship and another team to a Superbowl?

Yes. Panthers in 1996 and Giants in 2000 (thanks to the Giants intercepting the Vikes' transmissions) respectively.