Bailout vote

East Brady

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comic relief:

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and his top aides took credit for building a winning bailout coalition – hours before the vote failed and stocks tanked.

Shortly before the vote, McCain had bragged about his involvement and mocked Sen. Barack Obama for staying on the sidelines.

“I've never been afraid of stepping in to solve problems for the American people, and I'm not going to stop now,” McCain told a rally in Columbus, Ohio. “Sen. Obama took a very different approach to the crisis our country faced. At first he didn't want to get involved. Then he was monitoring the situation.”

McCain, grinning, flashed a sarcastic thumbs up.

“That's not leadership. That's watching from the sidelines,” he added to cheers and applause.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uui...82949C5A24271A8

Grilled cheese and tomato soup (Campbells) are comfort foods.

What else is a comfort food?

Beer!

Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup, with Hostess cupcakes and 4 slices of white bread to dip with.

Lay's Wavy Chips with a can of squirt cheese.

A large bag of ginger snaps with milk.

A pound of bacon fried up with nobody else to witness.

A pound of bologna.

Peanut butter and a spoon.

Your pick of any chocolate-based candy bar.

A quart of orange juice for you and you alone.

A bag of bubble gum.

Just a short list. Others posters, fee free to add! :w00t:

I don't think this is partisan. I'm sensing a rural revolt against Wall Street. Just my initial guess.

Plausible. Oh and I meant in MS overall. Not an indictment of the Dems as a whole. Of course, it wouldn't take much to nudge me into that thought. Republicans too. Idiots all of them. Still, they can fiddle for another week with it I suppose. Maybe.

Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup, with Hostess cupcakes and 4 slices of white bread to dip with.

A pound of bologna.

A bag of bubble gum.

I was always partial to a box of Ho-HOs and a quart of chocolate milk.

A pound of bologna.

A bag of bubble gum.

Is that how you guys made it through the 30's?

Thank Rosh Hashanah? I thought Jews created this in the first place?

Nope, people older than me did that, and now they want to spend my money to fix it. Honestly I am in a state of shock right now, and I don't know how to react. Could someone far more literate in these matters please either give me a nice piece of advice as to what I should do, or possibly point me in the right direction. I finally got a job! It's in finance (opposite of !).

I just think these politicians were jammed with cranks calling them telling to not vote for an unpopular bill. A sizable majority of Americans own stocks, you think they wanted this to happen? But politicains looked at the polls, heard the angry phone calls and the nasty emails and backed down on it

Most people are too stupid. They don't realize their 401K and Ira are actually stock. Hell I am in the IT industry with a bunch of folks you'd think are semi-smart. I would guess at least 1/3 don't think the 401k they put money into actually has stocks behind it. They think they are in "mutual funds", not real stock. In fact, I've had this discussion regarding Oil company profits and most think that if the oil companies didn't make money their stock wouldn't be affected.

People are stupid and have not a single clue about reality and life. Most could be shot and dumped in the ocean and wouldn't be missed.

I just think these politicians were jammed with cranks calling them telling to not vote for an unpopular bill. A sizable majority of Americans own stocks, you think they wanted this to happen? But politicains looked at the polls, heard the angry phone calls and the nasty emails and backed down on it

Most people don't understand a bloody thing that goes on around them. "We should bail out the homeowner before banks!!!" Who the !@#$ do you think is going to refinance your home for you, dipshits? :w00t::wallbash:

Most people are too stupid. They don't realize their 401K and Ira are actually stock. Hell I am in the IT industry with a bunch of folks you'd think are semi-smart. I would guess at least 1/3 don't think the 401k they put money into actually has stocks behind it. They think they are in "mutual funds", not real stock. In fact, I've had this discussion regarding Oil company profits and most think that if the oil companies didn't make money their stock wouldn't be affected.

I work on a Ginnie Mae project. Me and fifty other people. Including me, SIX of us understand what "credit markets" mean. I just had to explain it to four people, "No, we're not actually paying CEO's salaries with this bailout."