Bailout vote

East Brady

Newt's active elected political career is dead after he handed his wife divorce papers on her death bed as he was screwing around with the new Gingrich, the former Calista Bisek for years. Forget about it.

McCain had a marriage license for his bride before divorce was settled with his ex as well. I guess one might claim his political career is dead.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is shocking. Every NY Rep, save one, voted for it.

Tell me about it. Makes me wonder if he'll have the cojones to show up on the NJT platform during campaign season. His district is not just the penthouse dwellers, but largely support & operations staff at the houses. Way to be in touch with your electorate.

His district is not just the penthouse dwellers, but largely support & operations staff at the houses. Way to be in touch with your electorate.

I don't understand. Doesn't every employee on Wall Street earn $500,000 bonuses and up?

Tell me about it. Makes me wonder if he'll have the cojones to show up on the NJT platform during campaign season. His district is not just the penthouse dwellers, but largely support & operations staff at the houses. Way to be in touch with your electorate.

Easiest district in the country to steal for the GOP...something like "He voted against your job, will you vote for his?"

Anyone suprising in the 25 or Hillary/Schumer?

here's who voted against...

- Waye Allard (R-Colo.)

- John Barrasso (R-Wyo.)

- Sam Brownback (R-Kan.)

- Jim Bunning (R-Ky.)

- Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.)

- Thad Cochran (R-Miss.)

- Mike Crapo (R-Idaho)

- Jim DeMint (R-S.C.)

- Elizabeth Dole (R-N.C.)

- Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.)

- Michael Enzi (R-Wyo.)

- Russ Feingold (D-Wisc.)

- James Inhofe (R-Okla.)

- Tim Johnson (D-S.D.)

- Mary Landrieu (D-La.)

- Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)

- Pat Roberts (R-Kan.)

- Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)

- Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.)

- Richard Shelby (R-Ala.)

- Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.)

- John Tester (D-Mont.)

- David Vitter (R-La.)

- Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)

- Ron Wyden (D-Ore.)

here's who voted against...

- Waye Allard (R-Colo.)

- John Barrasso (R-Wyo.)

- Sam Brownback (R-Kan.)

- Jim Bunning (R-Ky.)

- Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.)

- Thad Cochran (R-Miss.)

- Mike Crapo (R-Idaho)

- Jim DeMint (R-S.C.)

- Elizabeth Dole (R-N.C.)

- Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.)

- Michael Enzi (R-Wyo.)

- Russ Feingold (D-Wisc.)

- James Inhofe (R-Okla.)

- Tim Johnson (D-S.D.)

- Mary Landrieu (D-La.)

- Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)

- Pat Roberts (R-Kan.)

- Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)

- Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.)

- Richard Shelby (R-Ala.)

- Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.)

- John Tester (D-Mont.)

- David Vitter (R-La.)

- Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)

- Ron Wyden (D-Ore.)

Just checked the statements of a few of them Feingold is truly an idiot. Roberts is an even bigger idiot ("I don't support the bill, though I would have liked to vote for it for the mental health spending included in it." :thumbsup:) Vitter is an even BIGGER idiot ("This legislation is bad because the people at Treasury would rather be on Wall Street."). Cartwell transcends idiocy and enters the realm of brain damage ("I think Treasury should buy stock in financial companies to solve this.") Shelby doesn't seem to have published an opinion (at least not that I can find - though his position on "Water Wars" is documented). Bernie Sanders is quite simply nuts.

Crapo, surprisingly, overcomes his name. I disagree with him, but his argument is reasonable, cogent, and he appears to have given it some thought. Ditto Brownback.