Will McKelvin be suspended?

Chilly

Perhaps I saw the play incorrectly, but I haven't seen anyone on here mention it.

I thought the McKelvin play was helmet to helmet, as did the people I was watching with. If so, will he be suspended?

I'd have to lose both McCorners for the Arizona game, that spells trouble.

Yeah, didn't I see Looker brace for the hit as he saw it coming out of the corner of his eye?

He might have but even if he didn't I don't think that not seeing a tackler while you're carrying the ball falls under the definition of defenseless. I think it's a pretty narrow definition in that it only seems to apply to WR's who are extended while trying to go up for a ball.

The guy who busted Boldin today will likely be busting out the checkbook this week.

Perhaps I saw the play incorrectly, but I haven't seen anyone on here mention it.

I thought the McKelvin play was helmet to helmet, as did the people I was watching with. If so, will he be suspended?

I'd have to lose both McCorners for the Arizona game, that spells trouble.

In addition to other folks seeing it differently and that he was not penalized for the hit, even if though some oddity he was suspended he has the ability to appeal his suspension which the Bills would certainly encourage him to do if they needed another CB next week.

I doubt he will be suspended or even fined and even if he is we can handle this for a week.

And that it as it should be. That appeared to be an intentional helmet to helmet shot. The MV squared of a fast-moving defender's helmet is a lot of energy to land on a stationary object.

I understand it's rough stuff out there but I've been a little uncomfortable with how quickly the league is willing to throw around fines and suspensions any time a WR gets popped downfield.

These guys are moving at high speed and making a variety of last minute adjustments on the ball and to the coverage. I think a lot of these fines and penalties are unjustified simply because there is no way any defender could intentionally hit a moving target the size of a helmet when he himself is already moving at a borderline out of control speed.

Not every helmet-to-helmet shot is intentional or deserves punishment.