Just Incredible!

I have heard that the "deal" was made by the dems and included Billions for dem groups including Acorn, a semi-communist group that has a record of signing up illegal aliens to vote among many other things (sort of like MOVE in Philly). It had no real reforms. but lots of pork.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on McCain's voting records... he is noooooo good for labor.

Based on Democrats being Democrats, they're not too good for labor either. Or are we going to keep pretending that they've had no part in selling off America?

You keep voting the way you do, you're going to keep getting what you're getting.

I have heard that the "deal" was made by the dems and included Billions for dem groups including Acorn, a semi-communist group that has a record of signing up illegal aliens to vote among many other things (sort of like MOVE in Philly). It had no real reforms. but lots of pork.

yes, the dems love those semi-communist groups. We like to have them over for dinner. :lol:

Based on Democrats being Democrats, they're not too good for labor either. Or are we going to keep pretending that they've had no part in selling off America?

You keep voting the way you do, you're going to keep getting what you're getting.

There is no denying McCain's voting records. He doesn't not like labor. Pretty simple, go that route and it becomes worse. And speaking of the selling off of America. Yeah, the dems had some part in that as well as the republican run congress.

Although, I do have to ask... in your opinion who would be good for labor?

My father-in-law was on the Hill last night, every congressman he talked to said that the house republicans blew this one and that McCain was pretty much non-existent. He got what he was looking for originally, press converage. Great press coverage? Remains to be seen. I hope to god that no one will praise him for this.

So your father-in-law talked to a bunch of Democrats that strongly support a Republican (Bush/Paulson) Bailout plan for big business at the tax payer expense. Bush and the Dems want this thing done as fast as possible without regard to looking at the big picture and long term consequences of such an action to save their political ass.

Conservatives are NOT "Republicans". We are conservatives first. We can disagree with the Republicans just like we disagree with Democrats. If a policy is bad, it's bad regardless of who is pushing for it. In this case, it happens to be the President and the Democratic congress. Why such strange bed fellow? Is it because they both have their finger prints on this problem (Dems with poor policy decisions under Clinton when they started lending to unqualified minorites "Working Class" http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2086781/posts) and Bush by not warning the American people about the pending financial crises and also pushing home ownership as a means to pump up the economy)

I'm a true market capitalist and when the government stepped in and starting telling Fanny/Freddie to start making loans in a market that could not support the obligations they created a monster. The unintended consequences of forcing markets into areas based on social justice concerns is flat out irresponsible no matter how justified they may seem to be.

So, now what? I support a plan that protects the tax payer, punishes those responsible for this mess (CEO's, lenders and stupid home owners) and has guarantees that every penny gets repaid.

Great job McCain, Country First!!!! Get a deal done that works for America in the long term.

So your father-in-law talked to a bunch of Democrats that strongly support a Republican (Bush/Paulson) Bailout plan for big business at the tax payer expense. Bush and the Dems want this thing done as fast as possible without regard to looking at the big picture and long term consequences of such an action to save their political ass.

Conservatives are NOT "Republicans". We are conservatives first. We can disagree with the Republicans just like we disagree with Democrats. If a policy is bad, it's bad regardless of who is pushing for it. In this case, it happens to be the President and the Democratic congress. Why such strange bed fellow? Is it because they both have their finger prints on this problem (Dems with poor policy decisions under Clinton when they started lending to unqualified minorites "Working Class" http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2086781/posts) and Bush by not warning the American people about the pending financial crises and also pushing home ownership as a means to pump up the economy)

I'm a true market capitalist and when the government stepped in and starting telling Fanny/Freddie to start making loans in a market that could not support the obligations they created a monster. The unintended consequences of forcing markets into areas based on social justice concerns is flat out irresponsible no matter how justified they may seem to be.

So, now what? I support a plan that protects the tax payer, punishes those responsible for this mess (CEO's, lenders and stupid home owners) and has guarantees that every penny gets repaid.

Great job McCain, Country First!!!! Get a deal done that works for America in the long term.

What is a 'Market Capitalist?'

I learned something shocking today - Obama was actually ACORN's lawyer???

In fairness, a quick search only shows his representing them in their action lawsuits, not defending them in their voter fraud and embezzelment cases. But this is pretty disturbing, as I had only thought he supported them (in the sense of their goals), not actually worked for them (and therefore tainted by their actions).

Unfortunately, voting records are one of the very worst ways to find out about a politicians true stance on things. It's often completely the opposite of where they stand.

:lol:

I don't use voting records because of how the bill process works. I've seen a ton of legislation voted down because it contained one very unpalatable rider - that's when you get the media reporting: "so and so hates kids because they voted against H.R. blah, blah, blah" when they voted against it because one of the riders did something incredibly stupid.

This whole thing is such a mess.

Oh no, the Ron Paulers are crawling out from under their rocks! :lol:

Says who, the Douchbagers? If you think the Fed is prosperity you need to brush up on your history. Look what happened with JFK's plan with the Fed. Didn't last very long did it? Strangely why did LBJ pull it as soon as he resumed office?

:lol:

I don't use voting records because of how the bill process works. I've seen a ton of legislation voted down because it contained one very unpalatable rider - that's when you get the media reporting: "so and so hates kids because they voted against H.R. blah, blah, blah" when they voted against it because one of the riders did something incredibly stupid.

This whole thing is such a mess.

Oh, exactly. That's what I meant. Someone could be for a bill but not happy that it isn't stronger. It goes through nine variations and he or she votes against it each time until it gets stronger, then finally gets it close to what they want and vote yes. But they have a 90% record against it. Not to mention the rampant vote trading.

I do look at records like:

Long History of Opposition to Transit Investment. McCain is a vocal

opponent of transit funding. He has voted repeatedly against bills to build,

refurbish, and improve our crumbling transportation systems. McCain was one

of only four senators to oppose the largest transit-funding bill in our history.

(Vote 220, 7/29/05; Vote 184, 7/14/05; Vote 14, 2/12/04; Veto override to H.R. 2, 4/2/87;

S.Amdt. 4458 to H.R. 1195, 4/17/08)

Opposes Transit Labor Rights. McCain voted against Section 13© labor

protections for transit workers. These laws, enacted 43 years ago, protect

workers’ collective bargaining, pensions, safety and seniority, and ensure that

laid-off workers are provided new, good jobs. These labor protections have

broad bipartisan support, but McCain still voted against protecting them.

(Gramm Amdt. To H.R. 2, 2/4/87)

Pushes Privatization of Transit Systems. McCain supported a plan to push

for privatizing transit systems, a move that would endanger thousands of transit

workers’ jobs as private companies seek to squeeze wages and get rid of

union contracts. (S. 667, 4/30/97)

Supports Foreign Bus Service in America. McCain voted four times to

allow unsafe foreign buses to travel on American roads. He supported

President Bush, saying he “was disappointed the Senate seems determined to

defy the president on the issue of Mexican trucks” and buses. (Vote 245, 7/27/01;

Vote 253, 7/27/01; Vote 252, 7/26/01; Vote 250, 2/25/01; McCain press release, 11/16/01;

Congressional Record, 8/1/01)

Votes Against Improving Transit Security. McCain repeatedly voted

against increasing transit security and anti-terror initiatives. He voted against

bomb-detection technology and making key tunnel upgrades. (Vote 59, 3/16/06;

Vote 194, 7/12/06; Vote 186, 7/14/05; Vote 185, 7/14/05)

Oh, exactly. That's what I meant. Someone could be for a bill but not happy that it isn't stronger. It goes through nine variations and he or she votes against it each time until it gets stronger, then finally gets it close to what they want and vote yes. But they have a 90% record against it. Not to mention the rampant vote trading.

That's why I clarified it. The laugh was because I was heading off the inevitable retardia that was coming.

I do look at records like:

Long History of Opposition to Transit Investment. McCain is a vocal

opponent of transit funding. He has voted repeatedly against bills to build,

refurbish, and improve our crumbling transportation systems. McCain was one

of only four senators to oppose the largest transit-funding bill in our history.

(Vote 220, 7/29/05; Vote 184, 7/14/05; Vote 14, 2/12/04; Veto override to H.R. 2, 4/2/87;

S.Amdt. 4458 to H.R. 1195, 4/17/08)

Opposes Transit Labor Rights. McCain voted against Section 13© labor

protections for transit workers. These laws, enacted 43 years ago, protect

workers’ collective bargaining, pensions, safety and seniority, and ensure that

laid-off workers are provided new, good jobs. These labor protections have

broad bipartisan support, but McCain still voted against protecting them.

(Gramm Amdt. To H.R. 2, 2/4/87)

Pushes Privatization of Transit Systems. McCain supported a plan to push

for privatizing transit systems, a move that would endanger thousands of transit

workers’ jobs as private companies seek to squeeze wages and get rid of

union contracts. (S. 667, 4/30/97)

Supports Foreign Bus Service in America. McCain voted four times to

allow unsafe foreign buses to travel on American roads. He supported

President Bush, saying he “was disappointed the Senate seems determined to

defy the president on the issue of Mexican trucks” and buses. (Vote 245, 7/27/01;

Vote 253, 7/27/01; Vote 252, 7/26/01; Vote 250, 2/25/01; McCain press release, 11/16/01;

Congressional Record, 8/1/01)

Votes Against Improving Transit Security. McCain repeatedly voted

against increasing transit security and anti-terror initiatives. He voted against

bomb-detection technology and making key tunnel upgrades. (Vote 59, 3/16/06;

Vote 194, 7/12/06; Vote 186, 7/14/05; Vote 185, 7/14/05)

But unless you know WHY, it's really not a valid criticism.***

***I'm not defending Senator McCain. I'm just really sick of the ads. You know "Senator So-and-so hates families because they voted against..."

So bottom line is that you actually believe McCain is really involved in this. You want to buy a bridge in Alaska? Oooops, that one has been done before.