Just Incredible!

I want a bill that that will help America, not Acorn or any partisan groups. The bill that has been written is basically written by the dems with little or no republican input. Obama should have started his talk at the meeting with a "this is what we agree on" discussion and then said lets discuss the rest. Instead he looks at Paulson and says "Republicans are screwing this up" For dems "bipartisanship with Republicans" means BOHICA. What do you expect that the Republicans are supposed to do?

Like I keep repeating, if their bill so good, why not pass it now???

I've responded twice, and freaking John Adams himself has responded. How many of us do you have on ignore?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The friggin herd that's the most vocal about it are the ones that will get culled first. Do we all need to turn into Dwight Dranes to get the urgency across? How in the friggin world is starving the financial markets of capital going to prevent the depression?

Apparrently we do.

Hell, I thought I spelled it out quite clearly yesterday, how frozen credit markets !@#$ everyone. And now people on the Hill are debating bailing out the homeowners instead? Jesus Christ...how much good is it going to do subsidizing mortgage refinancing when THE FREAKING BANKING INDUSTRY IS GONE????? :lol:

It's not a bad question. It's already got support of the Democrats in Congress and the Republican White House, so it's hardly partisan. The Democrats can pass this on their own without threat of a White House veto. They can freeze the Congressional Republicans out completely. If the bill's a good idea (and I think it is), they should push it through and paint the Republicans as obstructionist !@#$s.

The only two reasons I can see not to do that are 1) the Democrats themselves are playing partisan election year politics, afraid that the bill would turn out to be wildly unpopular and tank Obama's election chances, or 2) they're afraid some Democrats would break with the party line and vote against it, the bill wouldn't pass, and the entire global economy goes in to the shitter.

Correct. (like you didnt know that anyway :lol: )

Its a win win for Bush too. If it works he'll take the credit for it. If it doesnt he'll blame the Dummycritters.

It's not a bad question. It's already got support of the Democrats in Congress and the Republican White House, so it's hardly partisan. The Democrats can pass this on their own without threat of a White House veto. They can freeze the Congressional Republicans out completely. If the bill's a good idea (and I think it is), they should push it through and paint the Republicans as obstructionist !@#$s.

The only two reasons I can see not to do that are 1) the Democrats themselves are playing partisan election year politics, afraid that the bill would turn out to be wildly unpopular and tank Obama's election chances, or 2) they're afraid some Democrats would break with the party line and vote against it, the bill wouldn't pass, and the entire global economy goes in to the shitter.

Or maybe they think it's better for the country, the stability of the market and the confidence of investors if they all get behind a bipartisan solution.

Or maybe they think it's better for the country, the stability of the market and the confidence of investors if they all get behind a bipartisan solution.

Probably not. I mean, they may think that...but they'd be idiots. Restoring liquidity to the capital markets does NOT require Congress to gather in a circle and sing kum-ba-yah. Dollar bills don't much care how we feel about them.

Um, yea sure. That's exactly what Reid and Pelosi are thinking. Have you started the cocktail hour early today? :lol:

Chris Rock keeping it real on Larry King:

ROCK: I mean, just look the big thing right now is the economy. And people are going broke. And here: The choice isn't Republican or Democrat. The choice is you got a guy that's worth $150 million with 12 houses against a guy who's worth a million dollars with one house.

KING: Well --

ROCK: The guy with one house really cares about losing a house, because he is homeless. The other guy can lose five houses and still got a bunch of houses. Does this make any sense? Am I the only one that sees this?

KING: It's unique way of ...

ROCK: I'm just saying, John McCain could lose half his houses.

KING: You got a point.

ROCK: And sleep well.

If (when) it hits the fan, I'm locked, loaded and ready to rock and roll. Out of my cold, dead hands.

In all seriousness, DD was spot on in his suggestion that whether we are believers or not, this is a good time to pray for the future of our great nation. If not for your sake, then for the sake of our children. God Bless us all.