9 Baltimore 2-0

10 NY Jets 1-2

11 Oakland 1-2

12 Miami 1-2

13 Cleveland 0-3

14 Cincinnati 0-3

15 Houston 0-2

16 Kansas City 0-3

I think since Denver beat SD, even thou they shouldn't have, they should be ahead. Otherwise, looks good

1 San Diego 1-2

2 Denver 3-0

3 Pittsburgh 2-1

4 Buffalo 3-0

5 Tennessee 3-0

6 Jacksonville 1-2

7 Indianapolis 1-2

8 New England 2-1

9 Baltimore 2-0

10 NY Jets 1-2

11 Oakland 1-2

12 Miami 1-2

13 Cleveland 0-3

14 Cincinnati 0-3

15 Houston 0-2

16 Kansas City 0-3

I agree with what you have - but I would move Pittsburgh below Tennessee. That O-Line is very suspect right now.

Good list, I'm pretty much in agreement. They flashed a stat of the Chargers record after 3 games for the past 5-6 seasons, they always start slow. They are going to be just fine, especially with 5 games against the Chiefs Raiders and Dolphins still to play.

I might jump Ten to #3 over Pit...If Pittsburgh doesn't shore up that line, and Ben keeps taking hits, it could be the Byron Leftwich show, which doesn't equal the #3 team in the conference. Roethlisberger has left with injuries in all three weeks thus far.

I'm not sure the Titans have the staying power, I admittedly haven't seen anything but highlights. Sounds like their D is legit.

I think since Denver beat SD, even thou they shouldn't have, they should be ahead. Otherwise, looks good

How does that make sense? I usually think when a team beats another team especially this early in a season, the winning team should be ranked higher. But this is a very unique situation. The Chargers beat the Broncos but the NFL awarded the win to the Broncos because of an error, plain and simple. Rankings aren't standings. This is where common sense can be added in, and that's what is going on when the Chargers are ranked ahead of the Broncos.

All that said, the Chargers aren't the best team in the AFC right now. I think the Bills could be ranked at #1, legitimately, with the Steelers just below the Bills, followed by the Titans and then the Chargers and Broncos.

nice list. It is hard to set the top few teams because the chargers are so much better than their record, and the broncos should not have won a few of thier games. my top 5 would be:

1) Pit (even though they lost ugly)

2) Chargers

3) Denver

4) Titans (thier D is solid, and Collins is playing like a franchise QB)

5) Bills

after that I agree with your list, with the exception that I would put the raiders above the ravens at #9. The raiders cant pass and will fire their coach some time, but thier D is solid and thier running game is one of the best (when they dont slip and fall down after 3 yards over and over again like they did on sunday.

Having the titans where you have em shows to me that you have no respect for defensive talent. I think having the best defense in the AFC, coupled with an undefeated schedule should all arguments aside place the Titans in the one or two spot. At least until someone can prove they can beat their D

Having the titans where you have em shows to me that you have no respect for defensive talent. I think having the best defense in the AFC, coupled with an undefeated schedule should all arguments aside place the Titans in the one or two spot. At least until someone can prove they can beat their D

I don't have a problem putting them in the 3-5 range, and I have plenty of respect for their defense. The reason I didn't put them higher is that I'm not overly impressed with the teams their defense has shut down and I'm not confident that their QB play will remain at the level it is at. If it does (whether that be in the form of Collins or Young) then I'd bet highly that they win the division and end up in the top 3 of the conference.

Tennessee is the team to beat in the AFC IMO. The Bills are right up there though and can win against any team in the NFL

I'd agree right now. I think, though, it's a 'wait and see' re: Collins. For Fischer to come out and say the VY experiment is over for the year means Collins will have to play better than at any time in his long career to keep them up there.

No such issue for the Bills!