All I hear is Edwards, Edwards, Edwards

MavBavButav

Lets see.. Not dissing on Lynch who averages 70 to 80 ypg in shared duty.

102 Passes thrown by Trent Edwards without an interception until DeAngelo Hall picked him in the third quarter. He had a streak of 120 passes without a pick last year. I feel he was ROBBED by the Refs on the dual possession.

Edwards went 13 of 18 for 177 yards over the final 15 minutes to cement his standing as one cool competitor. Now having 2 straight games where he lead the team to VICTORY this season.

With Edwards the Bills have given their fans plenty of reason to start Bill-ieving. Buffalo is 3-0 for the first time since 1992.

What occurred over the final 7 minutes seconds against the Raiders was a case of 45 players and coaches picking themselves up off the canvas.

The Raiders are awful so that was not impressive.

In a week or two his balls will be raw from all of the washing they're getting. He played like the rest of the team yesterday. Not very well for a lot of the game but closed it out as needed to win. A great win it was, but a lot more work to do.

but haven't you heard? people on TBD are proclaiming that TE is going to be better than Peyton Manning and Joe Montana!

I'm a Bills homer not just one player. I like Trent a lot and I like our chances with him. But I have seen 2 extremely slow starts at home from him. I don't care that the Raiders sent the house constantly during the beginning of the game. He gets paid big bucks to read that and adjust.

Dude, lay off of Trent. Many people on here have been going to games for years and have never seen weather conditions like that. There was a mist that was so fine, it could have been the Queen's china. Just look at what the other QB did if you're looking for proof.

The Raiders are also Very Clearly, Much Better than Miami, Troll.

That Raiders D is very good. If they can ever get their coaching situation straitened out they could be half way decent. That team will never be put in the position to win as long as davis is the owner. Plain and simple.

They did everything right on D for 3 1/2 qts. We just wanted it more.

Nevertheless, Trent led them down the field twice within the last 5 minutes. What impressed me most was him standing in the pocket and taking the hit on the Roscoe TD. He's looking more & more like a leader - he may not have Kelly's arm or Flutie's elusiveness, but the offense is feeding off of him and trusting him.

what a hit it was

Edwards got leveled as he released the pass, which was on the money.

“It was a pretty tough hit,” Edwards said. “I think I started jogging toward the Raiders’ sideline thinking it was our sideline after that throw.”

Brady in the last Super Bowl.

The best QBs make bad throws when they are being protected as poorly as Edwards was in the first 3 quarters. I'm not sure he had an intact pocket once through 45 minutes. Butler was getting run over all day, and Peters was horrible, he was beaten like a rented mule over and over.

I'm all about holding players responsible for bad play, but for the first three quarters of that game, Edwards was not to blame. Put it on the o-line, where it belongs.

Lets see..

102 Passes thrown by Trent Edwards without an interception until DeAngelo Hall picked him in the third quarter. He had a streak of 120 passes without a pick last year. I feel he was ROBBED by the Refs on the dual possession.

I still haven't heard how the ref's explained that call. Does not dual posession go to the receiver?

I couldnt be much happier with Edwards, or Lynch, but to me, clearly the MVP of this team so far is Marcus Stroud, and will continue to be so. We also won that game as much by stopping the run in the middle of the line late in the game, and that is because of Stroud. Other years, the Raiders would have got 2-3 first downs and run out the clock. Even though the offense scored 17 points late, the defense won the game late just as much, even with the freakish long TD.

My thoughts exactly.

Not only against the Raiders, but against the Jags too, they made huge 3-and-out stops when time was running out and the O needed the ball. Hats off to the D as a unit and to Stroud as a difference-maker against the run.

I still haven't heard how the ref's explained that call. Does not dual posession go to the receiver?

I think their take was that Lee didn't have full possession of the ball and then lost the ensuing wrestling match for it. As the ball never touched turf, it was a live ball - and by not gaining possession, Lee could not have been down by contact.

Marshawn, Marshawn, Marshawn. Beast Mode was the only reason Edwards was even able to come back in the 4th. Lynch ran hard for 4 quarters. He broke countless tackles including a 4th and 2 that was stuffed in the backfield before he broke loose. Lynch was the game's MVP. Don't lose sight of that, Bills fans.

If things pan out the way it looks like it might, most of the credit will have to go to Marv. Its hard to believe that this team was seen as so hopeless 2 seasons that the coach walked out so as to avoid a certain resume stain. Freakin' Marv, even the Whitner over Ngata pick is slowly turning in Marv's favor as time goes by.

Trent Edwards is a god in the making. I wasn't impressed with the play calls early, but he kept poise during all of it and even took a pounding in the later stages. Poise was what this team lacked when that other guy was our QB, what was his name again.....I forgot. The beast had some good runs but his YPC is terrible. He is great in the red zone, but not so much 20 to 20.