Anyone else love the Whitner late hit on Higgins?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game - at the time it happened - and walking out after the game - I was saying how much I loved that tackle. Glad to see there was a thread already devoted to it :thumbsup:

If Whitner was fast enough to snag the bastard we would be happier. Whitner lacks real speed out there. He got burned and the fuggin guy was jogging. If he pulled a Beebe on him I would have more respect.

Come on man, what's your alternate handle? I can see you like to use this one to have fun pulling the board's chain...

Kuddos to Whitner for sending a message to his team.

If a Patriot player does that this board is going crazy calling them cheapshot artists. A Bill does it and people love it. Go figure.

This is a Bills message board, jackass. You'd find the same thing in reverse on the Patriots board, Jets board, or any other NFL team board.

Kelly the Dog was right. You really should change your name.

You typify what my name means. You disagree with me so I'm wrong? Show me where Whitner was close to an interception by breaking a route in the last 2 years and I'll change my name. Until then shut your pie-hole because I'm not a homer. The guy got toasted and wasn't close to talking the guy until 8 yards into the endzone.

You typify what my name means. You disagree with me so I'm wrong? Show me where Whitner was close to an interception by breaking a route in the last 2 years and I'll change my name. Until then shut your pie-hole because I'm not a homer. The guy got toasted and wasn't close to talking the guy until 8 yards into the endzone.

What does Whitner not breaking and making interceptions have to do with anything? Do you also ask why our corners don't have 100+ tackles?

Sometimes everyone does everything right on D and the other team still scores. If the Raiders run that play 100 times, 99 times someone makes the tackle or Poz picks it off. It was just an absolutely perfect pass and on a perfect playcall. We won the game and late tackle fired up the troops. Of all the things to be critical of Dante shouldn't be one of them.

What does Whitner not breaking and making interceptions have to do with anything? Do you also ask why our corners don't have 100+ tackles?

Not the point, but pretend a safety without one interception where he made a play on the ball is not a problem. The one in Miami wasn't because of his great sight and speed. If you think Roy Williams is great in coverage than fine you win. I just want someone who is good in coverage as well as on the run. I mean can't your rose colored glasses see the play? He wasn't close to the guy and Whitner is picked on in the passing game. If offensive coordinators expose this why can't I point it out? I know, I know because we're winning.

Winning cures all things and if we get to the Cardinals game you will see what I mean. Our only chance to win that game is to blitz the hell out of Warner. I've been watching them play during Bills games and after the game and they will point this out. Call me out after that game and I'll eat crow like no tomorrow. Our pass D looks good because our CBs are playing great. Bottom line is I watched the play we are celebrating I can't see why Whitner couldn't have tackled him before the TD.

If a Patriot player does that this board is going crazy calling them cheapshot artists. A Bill does it and people love it. Go figure.

disagree...if someone walks it in like that they are asking for it. if it was an actual race to the endzone it is totally different.

Not the point, but pretend a safety without one interception where he made a play on the ball is not a problem. The one in Miami wasn't because of his great sight and speed. If you think Roy Williams is great in coverage than fine you win. I just want someone who is good in coverage as well as on the run. I mean can't your rose colored glasses see the play? He wasn't close to the guy and Whitner is picked on in the passing game. If offensive coordinators expose this why can't I point it out? I know, I know because we're winning.

Winning cures all things and if we get to the Cardinals game you will see what I mean. Our only chance to win that game is to blitz the hell out of Warner. I've been watching them play during Bills games and after the game and they will point this out. Call me out after that game and I'll eat crow like no tomorrow. Our pass D looks good because our CBs are playing great. Bottom line is I watched the play we are celebrating I can't see why Whitner couldn't have tackled him before the TD.

First of all, Whitner was in a dead stand still, while Higgins was already sprinting past him, and you expect Whitner to turn around and get to top speed in less than a second to tackle the guy that was already sprinting as fast as he can in the same direction? That makes no sense. Whitner could run a 4.0 in the 40 and you're not going to catch up to a guy while you're flatfooted and he's already running.

Second, you make it sound as if its easy finding a safety who is great at both defending the run and the pass. There MAY be three in the league... tops. Whitner is not a cover corner or a ball-hawking free safety. He is on the field because he can come up into the box, make tackles, cause havoc, and be a team leader. He is decent in coverage. If you honestly thought Whitner was going to come into the league, break on routes and intercept passes, and catch kick return-receivers from behind, you really should just find another sport to watch.

Wasn't Whitner's guy. Simpson got beat on a slant and Whitner was behind him.

Here's the play:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d...goryId=featured

Simpson whiffs, Whitner takes a bad angle as Higgins just blows by them. If Whitner closed faster, or Simpson reacted faster than he's tackled at the Raiders 35, not a TD. Higgins gets the benefit of Simpson clipping Whitner's foot to slow him up after Higgins ALREADY burned by both of them, but he's not fast enough to even get close enough when the guy starts jogging at the Bills 35. You don't have to be Usain Bolt to snag that bastard whose jogging. Whitner could have cost the game with that tackle, so I'm not happy at the time, but now I think it's awesome he tackled him, but really he's too slow in football speed for the secondary.

I burned my rose-colored glasses years ago. If Whitner closed faster or took a better angle he would have had him. That's reality.

The guy got toasted and wasn't close to talking the guy until 8 yards into the endzone.

Whitner didn't get toasted, he wasn't involved in covering Higgins, on that play. What game were you watching?

Whitner made one of the very few mistakes i have ever seen him make, on that play though. He took a bad angle to the WR, and then had to chase him.

If I thought you would understand, or that it would make a difference, I would explain why Whitner doesn't have as many INTs as lesser Safeties. Hint: Watch how the Bills use him, in the defense.

Here's the play:

Simpson whiffs, Whitner takes a bad angle as Higgins just blows by them. If Whitner closed faster, or Simpson reacted faster than he's tackled at the Raiders 35, not a TD. Higgins gets the benefit of Simpson clipping Whitner's foot to slow him up after Higgins ALREADY burned by both of them, but he's not fast enough to even get close enough when the guy starts jogging at the Bills 35. You don't have to be Usain Bolt to snag that bastard whose jogging. Whitner could have cost the game with that tackle, so I'm not happy at the time, but now I think it's awesome he tackled him, but really he's too slow in football speed for the secondary.

I burned my rose-colored glasses years ago. If Whitner closed faster or took a better angle he would have had him. That's reality.

Really? Good observation.

If Oakland blocked the field goal, we wouldn't have won.

Here's the play:

Seriously... we go 3-0 for the first time in 16 years. We come from behind in the 4th quarter to do it. And you spend all afternoon ragging on Whitner because he missed one tackle? Please, just enjoy the win, enjoy being in first place in the division, and enjoy life a little. There'll still be plenty of time to find fault in the team later in the week and season.