Anything else you need....?

I'm paying a big share of my current and upcoming taxes for the mortgage bailout, so you don't have to meet your housing payment obligations; I'm paying for the "coupons" you can get to ease the cost of your TV conversion in 2009; I'm subsidizing you winter fuel costs; I'm....well, you get the picture....

So, if you need anything else just let me know. Maybe I can give you a lift on my way to work and have some lunch money for you, too. Oh, social services gives you travel vouchers, well maybe I could drive you somewhere on the weekend.

Glad to help, especially since I know you are working extra hard to solve your own problems. Yeah, that's it, solve your own problems.

Well, call if you need me. I live in NYS, so I have plenty of extra money after taxes....

I'm paying a big share of my current and upcoming taxes for the mortgage bailout, so you don't have to meet your housing payment obligations; I'm paying for the "coupons" you can get to ease the cost of your TV conversion in 2009; I'm subsidizing you winter fuel costs; I'm....well, you get the picture....

So, if you need anything else just let me know. Maybe I can give you a lift on my way to work and have some lunch money for you, too. Oh, social services gives you travel vouchers, well maybe I could drive you somewhere on the weekend.

Glad to help, especially since I know you are working extra hard to solve your own problems. Yeah, that's it, solve your own problems.

Well, call if you need me. I live in NYS, so I have plenty of extra money after taxes....

Actually, the sale of the lower VHF and upper UHF spectrums are expected to more than cover the costs of the DTV-conversion coupons. Govt may make a few billion $ from it. Which I'm sure they'll piss away in a few seconds.

But, yes, Uncle Sam seems to be 'sticking his hand down your shirt and squeezing your tit 'til it's purple!' (to borrow the phrase from one of my favorite movies) more these days than ever before. What's good to boost the collective economy is grossly unfair to your individual economy as it pertains to taxes.

Why should individual, many of whom don't have any interest in it, be forced to bankroll Wall Street to make sure that some companies don't die out b/c they made stupid choices? On a sliding scale, does it follow that a restaurateur who served franks and beans and 'Sh-- on a Shingle' should be propped up by a million dollar loan from a town? I sure would love to be in a business that the govt refuses to let not make money. Seriously, where does this sh-- stop?!?!

People with cable, iPods, Nikes and two cars getting heating assistance? It's a smack in the face that those who refuse to plan ahead, economize and do without luxuries are rewarded for it. We don't have cable (happier w/o it, too!) and bust our butts doing our own firewood. Cue Dire Straits' "I Want My MTV."

The extent of unabashed consumerism and charity giveaways will be what brings this country to its final fiscal ruin. But until the bitter end, you can be sure they'll be passing the check.

Actually, the sale of the VHF and upper UHF spectrums are expected to more than cover the costs of the DTV-conversion coupons. Govt may make a few billion $ from it. Which I'm sure they'll piss away in a few seconds.

Is that correct? I thought it was just a frequency transfer, since the point of the exercise was to free up the spectrum they are currently using. Surely they are not giving that up without compensation!

And, just in time, that great fiscal-conservative-who's-going-to-reign-in-spending shows up in his superhero outfit (aka the black suit) and saves the day! This presidency has been a f-cking catastrophe. Woe be to any man (or woman) who is actually raising and paying out hundreds of millions seeking this job.

Bush asks Congress for $700 billion for bailout : Request is part of the largest financial bailout since the Great Depression

Essentially, this is nationalizing mortgage-lenders who lent irresponsibly and saving their businesses from collapsing. This is not capitalism. This is weenie intervention and not allowing businesses to die that should die b/c they were doing the wrong things. Propping them up is asking for more industries to come looking for bailouts, claiming national interests. Or wait.... could it be that the financial lobbyists have so many politicians in their pockets they walk with a limp? MAKE NO MISTAKE! Just like the rest of the world, you get into politics to make your friends rich, only the American way is to sometimes wait until you're out of office, and then said friends make you rich. It's just delayed mutual back scratching.

My tax dollars are going to funding to make sure none of these companies have to pony up when the "Risk" they charge so much for, banked/made money hand over fist on in good times "suddenly" (I still have a hard time believing they didn't see this coming. Bullsh--.) comes up snake eyes?!?!

Is that correct? I thought it was just a frequency transfer, since the point of the exercise was to free up the spectrum they are currently using. Surely they are not giving that up without compensation!

Yep. There was a spectrum auction earlier this year with more to come, I believe. I don't think they're going to get as much money from it as they were hoping, but Uncle Sam will still probably haul in a few billion, even after providing the digital converter coupons that make such a sale do-able w/o people grabbing pitchforks and torches.

It's just the continuation of a failing story that was compounded by the "crank up the military/industrial complex" mentality of the "Bush Doctrine".

Military spending is the only thing that is keeping the economy going. Just wait until we end the war(s). And no, Nozzelnut and you other Libtard's, I'm not defending the spending...it is increasing our speed on the road to destruction.

We're like Casey Jones-Ridin' that Train, High on Cocaine...you know the rest.

And everyone wanted to flame Dwight Drane...

Here's a fun little test to see where you stand.....

http://www.barackobamatest.com/?fuseaction=home.options

You DISAGREED with the Barack Obama position on 44 of the 51 test questions. This means you disagree with the Obama position 86% of the time.

Of course the wording of most questions were a little slanted against Obama's position :bag:

You DISAGREED with the Barack Obama position on 44 of the 51 test questions. This means you disagree with the Obama position 86% of the time.

I only disagreed with him 69% of the time!

Of course the wording of most questions were a little slanted against Obama's position :bag:

Yup, just like every other one of these silly quizes I've ever seen. Of course, 80% of the time, they are slanted in the other direction.