Bruce..on Sacramento radio this afternoon

Tcali

Loved his game. It was a delight to watch one of the all time greats for all of those years.

I think that makes up for the fact that he is a rambling narcissist. Cripes I'd rather listen to Jim Kelly.

What exactly did he say? I have heard him interviewed a few times the last year or so, and was impressed by what a "gentlemen" he was, even if he always sounds a little disingenious...a lot of jocks are like that.

Well, I wonder how you would act if you were the best to ever do something...

lol...That wasn't the point. It wasn't the bragging..in fact I enjoy some good obnoxious bragging.--It was waaay different and more disturbing than that. -You wouldn't believe how condescendng this guy was about the people of Buffalo and the economy.....-like you people in Buffalo are little children who he will try to help .

Listen I don't know the guy from Adam--and maybe I just caught him on a bad day...

Bruce always was, and always will be, all about Bruce. That's just part of his personality.

He's also quite possibly the best football player I've ever seen. Even during his final year here, if he was in the game, our binoculars were trained on him -- waiting for him to do something special -- and he rarely disappointed.

Bruce always was, and always will be, all about Bruce. That's just part of his personality.

He's also quite possibly the best football player I've ever seen. Even during his final year here, if he was in the game, our binoculars were trained on him -- waiting for him to do something special -- and he rarely disappointed.

I agree. I know he has a reputation for having a big ego, while in Buffalo, but of all the guys from that era, he is the one that I most wish we could have back, in his prime. People kept saying he was getting "long in the tooth" his last two or three years in Buffalo, but I thought he was still a pretty damn good football player when he was disgracefully let go by the Bills. Had he gone to a better team than the Redskins (his fault for following the money), I think he would have gone out with a much bigger bang...I won't say Bruce is my alltime favorite Buffalo Bill (Fergy and Jerry Butler are my guys), but I don't feel funny in saying that he was the best player at any position, that I ever saw in a Bills uniform, a complete game changer. He played hard on every play, pass or run.

me too.....lol

but gosh what a pretentious windbag the guy is...

I heard the interview too. He went into a long winded explanation about how he played in a 3-4 defense and how that hurt his sack numbers as compared to the guys who played in a 4-3. He used alot of big words and had kind of a condesending tone. He clearly has a huge ego,but he was actually right on with everything he said.

I heard the interview too. He went into a long winded explanation about how he played in a 3-4 defense and how that hurt his sack numbers as compared to the guys who played in a 4-3. He used alot of big words and had kind of a condesending tone. He clearly has a huge ego,but he was actually right on with everything he said.

it was true about the 3-4 4-3 stuff ..no doubt...butttttt....he talked of other things..

I saw Bruce with his family about a month ago at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. Actually, my brother-in-law (a Jets fan) recognized him first. Bruce was wearing a Va Tech baseball cap. I went over and, when he was not busy, congratulated him on the upcoming game where he would be placed on the Wall at RWS. He was very cordial and low-key and thanked me. He said it was always nice to see Bills fans. He still looks like he could play.