Bills Throwbacks Against Oakland

TheLynchTrain

I read in the Buffalo News that we are wearing the 1960s throwbacks for the Oakland game. Obviously this is superstition and will play no role in how the game plays out, but does anyone know what our record is when we play in our throwbacks. I remember last year reading in the paper that we had a pretty bad record in them - one of those being the Dallas game last year. I don't want any curses for a game we should be winning!

I read in the Buffalo News that we are wearing the 1960s throwbacks for the Oakland game. Obviously this is superstition and will play no role in how the game plays out, but does anyone know what our record is when we play in our throwbacks. I remember last year reading in the paper that we had a pretty bad record in them - one of those being the Dallas game last year. I don't want any curses for a game we should be winning!

We won the first time we used it. (Although it was the Texans)

A win Sunday would be the 2008 Bills' third win in as many jerseys. I remember when the Bills won that first game wearing them again sthe Texans. TD got so giddy he ordered the team to wear them the next week against the Bucs and lost.

A win Sunday would be the 2008 Bills' third win in as many jerseys. I remember when the Bills won that first game wearing them again sthe Texans. TD got so giddy he ordered the team to wear them the next week against the Bucs and lost.

I was at that Bucs game in Tampa. The Throwbacks looked great on the road but that game was the worst. I remember JP was backpedaling the whole game in those black hightops!

It had nothing to do with giddy. Tampa chose to wear their away jersey's which are white. HOme team can wear whatever uniform them want. So the Bills paid a fine to wear the throwbacks again so they didn't have to wear the dark blue in the heat.

Look, as long as I finish a beer during the first quarter and sit on the left side of my sofa - we'll win - it's just that simple.

It had nothing to do with giddy. Tampa chose to wear their away jersey's which are white. HOme team can wear whatever uniform them want. So the Bills paid a fine to wear the throwbacks again so they didn't have to wear the dark blue in the heat.

Are you sure? I could have sworn TD wanted to wear them because he thought they were good luck. Your explanation seems more logical, but that doesn't make it correct. I cannot find any reference to them wearing them to ward off the heat.

Here's what I found...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3386

Whether it was superstition or just wanting to look good, the Bills decided to wear their throwback uniforms for the second straight week.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3391

Sean Anderson (Santa Monica, CA): I noticed the Bills wore the throwback uniforms again this week. I love them and I'm sure a lot of young fans do too. How often can we expect to see the throwback uniforms and the helmet?

Tom Donahoe: Because of all the positive reaction to the throwbacks from Week 1, we decided to wear them again in Tampa Bay. The uniforms seem to be extremely popular with our fans and our players like them as well. We are limited by the NFL rules in that we can only wear them two times in any given season. My suggestion to any of the fans who like the throwbacks is to do some lobbying to the NFL to see if they can change the rule.