Why the Pats beating the Jets is good...

duey

Because it will shut up all the jackass Jets fan and New York City media who all this past week were giving the division to the Jets, without even a mention that there might be another team that could have something to say about it.

These idiots were predicting a Jets blowout and an easy win of the division...and this includes the media. Amazing. We can't get to the Pats and Jets games fast enough for me. :wallbash:

I was thinking the same thing. I was rooting for NE in that one. Now they can pipe down about Favre. The Jets are mediocore. NE will be competitive, but will lack the ability to finish off teams and win close ones without the golden boy.

The AFC East is OURS.

Again, I'm not ready to take up the call and say that the division is ours. I certainly think our chances are better, and the Jests proved they are still the Jests, and that their win over the JV Squad Dolphins wasn't nearly what the media made it out to be. The fact is, if they had been playing any team with a top 20 defense, that lame duck pass gets picked off. Too bad the Dolphins have a defense only a DIII College Coach could love.

not surprised N.e. won...'till some teams get a little tape on that guy he'll look good playing behind that team...plus you knew they were going to play lights out for him this week. i suspect they'll come back to earth in a few weeks after this kid becomes a bit more predictable.

It was pick your posion. Either way one was gonna win, meaning one of them would be 2-0 and the other 1-1. They are both our divisional opponents.

And either way ESPN and the rest of the national media will be claiming the winner is a lock for winning the division.

I was rooting for the Jets because listening to media hype (which I stopped caring about some time ago anyway) is a small price to pay for what I think helps the Bills' chances of winning the division. :wallbash:

I rooted for NE, and expected them to win. The Jets barely beat a putrid Miami, NE barely beat a very weak KC. Then NE wins against NY, but not in dominating fashion. What this proves to me is what I already was thinking - the Jets are not gonna be world beaters just because of Favre, and NE will still be competitive without Brady, but will not be able to be dominating as in years past.

I wanted the Jets to get beat because the NY media is brutal on that team whenever anything goes wrong. It's weird but it seems the media is capable of getting into the heads of the Jets team and to me, that's a good thing - much better than them getting confident and believing in themselves. I see us beating the Jets twice, the Dolphins twice, and splitting with NE.

About the only thing I was rooting for in that game was a large meteroite to take out the stadium and the fans of both teams....

In all seriousness, though - I kind of like everyone talking about the Jets. Let them take all the media spotlight and the scrutiny that goes with it. I'd much prefer to fly under the radar and not have to put up with any sort of media hype. I know the Bills are a solid team - I don't really care who else knows or talks about them.

I wanted the Jets to win, thinking that I didn't want the Patsies to get a lot of confidence in the fact they can win with Cassel, and thinking that the Jets really arent that good. But since both teams sucked the whole game for the most part, I really don't care who won. Cassel is not good and Favre is not a savior on an average team. I think the Bills have as good a chance as anyone to win the division. More than before this weekend.

The Bills can still improve as Hardy gets more playing time and Peters gets back into the swing of things. And I'd like to see what Preston can do at center. And ideally I'd like an upgrade over Ellison, but I don't see one on the team. DiGiorgio?