NO respect for Edwards

Is it me, or is Edwards being summarily dismissed by the national media and "experts?" Lots of talk about the D, virtually no love for Trent.

That victory tomorrow is going to be even sweeter when Edwards continues to progress and has a better game than last week. How does 2 TDs, 1 int and about 275 sound to you all?

GO BILLS!

Eskimo

Is it me, or is Edwards being summarily dismissed by the national media and "experts?" Lots of talk about the D, virtually no love for Trent.

That victory tomorrow is going to be even sweeter when Edwards continues to progress and has a better game than last week. How does 2 TDs, 1 int and about 275 sound to you all?

GO BILLS!

Eskimo

Tell you what, I like that 95.8 QB rating. Very efficient. And only one sack. No fumbles.

It's funny, but I just don't feel as nervous with T.E. going back to pass.

GO BILLS!

Eskimo

Why do we care what the media say? Just watch and enjoy.

The O-line & play calling couldn't have anything to do with that.

I'll bite:

Regarding the QB rating and efficiency, of course.

Regarding not being nervous with T.E. back there, more so him.

GO BILLS!

Eskimo

The media isn't going to go for him until he puts up prolific numbers-- e.g., 300+ yards, 4 TD's games. As soon as Derek Anderson started having those kinds of stats, he became a media darling. Our offense isn't designed to be like that, nor is our defense going to be so bad as to require Trent to throw that much.

I'm happy with run/pass balance, which is what we had last game.

So far, I haven't seen Edwards disrespected. Not once.

The Bills have won ONE game, so far this year. In that game, ST scored most of the points. Edwards threw for 1 TD, and that was on a 1-play drive, from Seattle's 30, due to a great ST play.

Based on this one game, I would expect to hear/read a lot of praise for the ST, some praise for the D (holding Seattle to 10 points, 4 sacks and many QB knock downs, etc) and some general positive mentions of the offense (Edwards included). In fact that is EXACTLY what I have been reading/hearing.

If you can find lack of respect in the Bills' coverage, this week, you are looking too hard, for it.

GO BILLS!

Eskimo

why do people care about this kind of crap so much

One guy that is in love with Edwards is Jim Rome. He was on his show 3 times the past 2 weeks.

Edwards will have true football fans take notice as long as he stays healthy. He may not put up 4,000 yds and 30 TDs, but he is such a bright kid and has the tools to get the job done. I said last year that he is somewhere between Fergie and Jim Kelly on the list of Bills QBs. That should get us some pretty nice results over the next decade.

Based on this one game, I would expect to hear/read a lot of praise for the ST, some praise for the D (holding Seattle to 10 points, 4 sacks and many QB knock downs, etc) and some general positive mentions of the offense (Edwards included). In fact that is EXACTLY what I have been reading/hearing.

Agreed. And where the hell you been? :unsure:

So far, I haven't seen Edwards disrespected. Not once.

The Bills have won ONE game, so far this year. In that game, ST scored most of the points. Edwards threw for 1 TD, and that was on a 1-play drive, from Seattle's 30, due to a great ST play.

If you can find lack of respect in the Bills' coverage, this week, you are looking too hard, for it.

It's good to have back posting again. What happened to you anyways? Jail time?

I don't care if Trent Edwards never becomes the next Tom Brady or Payton Manning. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that the team winning is the most important thing, not one individual player's stats.

There's a handful of posters here that disagree, to them it's more important to be right. Welcome to TSW. :unsure:

Of course, you are both right.

But, there are times when teams win DESPITE the play of the QB, and then I understand fans wanting a QB change. Chicago certainly wasn't comfortable with Rex at QB. Baltimore has had success, yet they have changed their QB on a number of occasions. And, I recall a time when the Bills were winning while their QB wasn't performing very well.

Fortunately, this is not the case with the Bills (at least not so far, this year).

But, there are times when teams win DESPITE the play of the QB, and then I understand fans wanting a QB change. Chicago certainly wasn't comfortable with Rex at QB. Baltimore has had success, yet they have changed their QB on a number of occasions. And, I recall a time when the Bills were winning while their QB wasn't performing very well.

Fortunately, this is not the case with the Bills (at least not so far, this year).

It's good to have you back Deano.

True 'nuff Dean. Granted, I WANT Trent Edwards to have a good season but if he's only average and we make it to the playoffs on the strength of the rest of the team I'd be far happier than if Edward's puts up great numbers but we go 7-9 again.