Steve Tasker to do Jax game

DDD

I don't think Tasker is a Bills' homer, when doing CBS games. My problem with Tasker is, he is seemingly always wrong, when he tries to make a point. He'll say something happened, and they will show the replay while he describes it...and...he's wrong! Then, they just go on. No admission of, or explanation for, the mistake.

Now, I should not say he is always wrong, as he often likes to make a point of stating the very obvious.

To his credit, he has gotten better than when he first started, but he is is still among the worst NFL announcers around.

Speaking of terrible announcers, did anyone watch the Bills' preseason game on the NFL network with Sterling Sharpe doing play-by-play? I like SS in the studio, and he is probably does a decent job at color...but he should NEVER be doing play-by-play, if that game was any indication of his skills.

Dig back into last month's archives, and you'll find a separate thread on the Indy announcers. Chuck Pollock bashed them in a column, too, and I'm sure he wasn't the only one.

I don't think Tasker is a Bills' homer, when doing CBS games. My problem with Tasker is, he is seemingly always wrong, when he tries to make a point. He'll say something happened, and they will show the replay while he describes it...and...he's wrong! Then, they just go on. No admission of, or explanation for, the mistake.

Now, I should not say he is always wrong, as he often likes to make a point of stating the very obvious.

To his credit, he has gotten better than when he first started, but he is is still among the worst NFL announcers around.

Speaking of terrible announcers, did anyone watch the Bills' preseason game on the NFL network with Sterling Sharpe doing play-by-play? I like SS in the studio, and he is probably does a decent job at color...but he should NEVER be doing play-by-play, if that game was any indication of his skills.

Yes that was so bad it was funny. Especially the 'their running on all 7 cylinders right now' comment

Yes that was so bad it was funny. Especially the 'their running on all 7 cylinders right now' comment

:devil:

I missed that gem.

About 30 minutes ago, on ESPN radio, the announcer gave the final score of the Maryland/Cal game (35-27) and then said:

"The game wasn't as close as it was."

:unsure:

What?

I believe he was trying to say something like "The game wasn't as close as the score might indicate."

I pointed out that Boselli / Pitts did our game last week, not Tasker.

Not much to not understand.

So, the Bills have yet to lose a game, this year, with Tasker calling the action...right?

:thumbsup:

right, the bills havent lost this year when tasker calls their game... 0-0

not much to understand indeed

Exactly - CBS has yet to call our game and we're 0-0 with plenty of other talent out there. Please go away Steve Tasker. I'm sure you'll make a fine living doing your auto dealership promos in Buffalo :thumbsup:

I think Tasker is a great play by play caller. He dont show any favor to either team........notin wrong with that.

Except for his analysis is always way off mark. He doesn't do the play by play call by the way, he's the analyst. Nothing more amusing (embarrassing) than consistently being way off the mark on that front.

Loved this guy as a player. Hate this guy as a color analyst especially when Buffalo plays. He overcompensates trying not to be a Bills homer an is overly critical and just plain annoying. The mute button will be on. :thumbsup:

Steve Tasker needs a froggy put right on his forehead before the game starts! I can't stand his commentating either. :bag: