Not sure if this was posted...

USMCBillsFan

I like the jersey, but WTF is that white side piping there for? It adds nothing to the jersey and looks completely out of place. And seeing as it's already been designed, I'm guessing it's too late to change them.

And why not just go to the 3rd jerseys we used 2 years ago? Everyone loved those, and they sold a ton. I don't think I've ever heard a person complain about those jerseys. Yet they felt the need to make the same jersey, only darker, with a hideous white stripe on the side. :thumbsup:

I like the jersey, but WTF is that white side piping there for? It adds nothing to the jersey and looks completely out of place. And seeing as it's already been designed, I'm guessing it's too late to change them.

And why not just go to the 3rd jerseys we used 2 years ago? Everyone loved those, and they sold a ton. I don't think I've ever heard a person complain about those jerseys. Yet they felt the need to make the same jersey, only darker, with a hideous white stripe on the side. :lol:

Couple points of clarification - first, the plan to darken the vintage jersey to match the new uniforms has been out in the open since the Sabres rolled out the vintage thirds two years ago.

Second - the vintage third didn't sell a ton. They weren't even available in most stores or on the shop.nhl.com website until around February, and even then it was in limited quantities. There was talk that the league, Sabres and Rbk were limiting availability so fans would be forced to buy the slug.

Those thirds from two years ago were the same tired old jerseys we had back in the 80s and 90s. A classic look to be sure, but they needed an update, a tweak, a little refresher back then. Now it's almost 20 years later and they looked even more "vintage"/retro.

On this one - I just want to see the blue in the crest match the blue in the jersey and the shoulder patches added. I couldn't care less about the Day-Glo gold stripes or the silver piping.

It doesn't matter if the Sabres put out the greatest looking jersey of all time, the fans are still going to complain about it.

I know we're all still bitter about the slug, but let's admit it, those are good.

I'm withholding my final judgment until I see a better pic, but based on this cell-hone photo I like them. They're an immediate improvement on the slug jerseys but might not be quite as good as they could be. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of shoulder patches (which are probably going to be added to this one later) and the blue in the crest apparently not matching the blue in the jersey color.

And why not just go to the 3rd jerseys we used 2 years ago? Everyone loved those, and they sold a ton. I don't think I've ever heard a person complain about those jerseys. Yet they felt the need to make the same jersey, only darker, with a hideous white stripe on the side. :(

With a slightly modified jersey, they create a market for a new jersey. There will be enough people who still want to buy the original blue jersey, and then there will be another new jersey to buy.

And why not just go to the 3rd jerseys we used 2 years ago? Everyone loved those, and they sold a ton. I don't think I've ever heard a person complain about those jerseys. Yet they felt the need to make the same jersey, only darker, with a hideous white stripe on the side. :cry:

While I agree with you, I will not complain about it after the Slug fiasco. At least, it looks like a Sabres jersey. I have refused to buy the Slug (and the Donahoe-era Bills BTW). I can buy this jersey.