WRGB in Albany

AJ1

I was afraid this would come up....let's not get into this one, please. Some of us can't afford a dish or pay for the ticket.

I emailed Doug Sherman last year about them not showing the Bills and he gave me the same response - they just go with what the corporate guys in NYC want. They must have ticked someone off or just have zero influence at all. The game I asked about wasn't changed and I avoided CBS for those 3 hours.

This surprises me because of the way the Bills rolled over Seattle. I can buy the name recognition thing, but someone needs to realize that there are PLENTY of Bills fans in this area. Maybe they'll change the plan if they get enough complaints, but we need to start emailing & calling now.

I remember a few years ago the Times Union ran a survey about people's favorite teams by sport and overall in the capital district. IIRC, The Bills came in 3rd behind the Giants (by a lot) and the Jets (by a little) for football, but came in 3rd behind the Yankees and Giants for overall favorite. Shows the passion of the fans in the area. You would think WRGB would wise up to this over the years. I grew up a Bills fan in that area because back in the early 90's they were on TV a lot. It's a shame the number of new fans in the area is probably dwindling because they can't even be seen. I sent WRGB an email, even though I'm not in the area anymore. Good luck guys.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

518-346-6666

Keep calling. The receptionist is getting a little preterbed. We're making headway!

I just called. She was polite to me. She told me as of now it's still Indy-Min BUT THE MANAGER IS TRYING TO GET THE GAME SWITCHED TO BUFFALO. So, keep those calls coming.

I remember a few years ago the Times Union ran a survey about people's favorite teams by sport and overall in the capital district. IIRC, The Bills came in 3rd behind the Giants (by a lot) and the Jets (by a little) for football, but came in 3rd behind the Yankees and Giants for overall favorite. Shows the passion of the fans in the area. You would think WRGB would wise up to this over the years. I grew up a Bills fan in that area because back in the early 90's they were on TV a lot. It's a shame the number of new fans in the area is probably dwindling because they can't even be seen. I sent WRGB an email, even though I'm not in the area anymore. Good luck guys.

This is important, and it can be attributed in part to the fact that Albany and NYC are only about 150 miles apart, whereas Albany and Buffalo are about 290 miles apart...big difference. And for what its worth, Boston is only a little farther away from Albany than NYC (about 170 miles).

I just called. She was polite to me. She told me as of now it's still Indy-Min BUT THE MANAGER IS TRYING TO GET THE GAME SWITCHED TO BUFFALO. So, keep those calls coming.

I just called and got the same response. I grew up with this Jets-Giants crap until I moved when I went to college, so I am definitely with you in solidarity. Ever since graduating college, I have had DirecTV. I don't always love DirecTV, but I won't leave it as long as they are the only ones with the Sunday Ticket.

I just called and got the same response. I grew up with this Jets-Giants crap until I moved when I went to college, so I am definitely with you in solidarity. Ever since graduating college, I have had DirecTV. I don't always love DirecTV, but I won't leave it as long as they are the only ones with the Sunday Ticket.

I just called and was told that "as of now it will be the Indy game... but that they are trying to get it changed to the Buffalo game. " She said call back Friday to check on the status. They better switch it. If not , we should ring their phones off the hook all day long...

It sounds like you guys are doing a good job. I'm betting the game gets switched to the Bills.

I was just thinking the other day while watching the Bills game that the only positive thing about this Toronto-Bills arrangement is that the person who forked over the cash for the rights (Ted Rogers) owns CTV who in turn, own the rights to the NFL in Canada. To insure that tickets are sold to the games in TO, he will make sure every Bills game is on TV!

Win for me.

I just called and was told that "as of now it will be the Indy game... but that they are trying to get it changed to the Buffalo game. " She said call back Friday to check on the status. They better switch it. If not , we should ring their phones off the hook all day long...

I'm glad we started on Tuesday, then. I'll be checking the status twice a day through Friday. If it gets changed, a big salute to the brother- and sisterhood of Bills fans of TBD.

UN FRICKEN BILLIEVE ABLE!!!! I HATE THEM....IM FROM GLENS FALLS, NY ....WRGB SUX!!!!! ITS F..IN NY!!!! SHOW THE BILLS!!! NOT MINNESOTA!!!

Please don't tell me you are from Glens Falls. I miss O'Toole's like you can't imagine, same with Dango's. WTF, I'm in a much larger city and those type of sports bars don't even exist out here in TX.

Oh, how I miss it. I'll be home in December.

Please don't tell me you are from Glens Falls. I miss O'Toole's like you can't imagine, same with Dango's. WTF, I'm in a much larger city and those type of sports bars don't even exist out here in TX.

Oh, how I miss it. I'll be home in December.

yeah i'll probable go to sunnyside par 3 not to busy other times ive been there