McKelvin

uuuuugh, fer real?!?! another thread asking where our rookies were?

my comment below was about Hardy but it applies to McKelvin.

this has been discussed in other threads, but to reiterate...

Hardy wasnt on the field much and i dont think had any balls thrown to him. Now, before anyone gets all worked up that he's a bust, please realize that normal and *gasp* GOOD teams do not have to rely on their rookies to make an impact during their first professional appearance.

we are lucky that we now have a team of capable and healthy veterans that can play well. Hardy will get his time and i believe will be used more and more as time goes on. id bet that after the bye week he becomes a cog in this offense.

with capable and healthy veterans, you DONT NEED rookie impact!

McKelvin will make his way onto the field when he is able to outplay the D-Backs in front of him and with the way that Ashton "I finally got my act together" Youbouty is playin ball it may take a while. We should be happy that the talent is that deep. Let the kid learn behind the vets for a good chunk on the year and let him develop. Remember he was commin from Troy which is not exactly a pro producing haven. I pumped to see that we fianally have the depth and experience in the defensive backfield to commit tot he blitz when its working....

As for Hardy I think a little something of his lack of playing time was due to the nagging injuries. The guy missed a little camp time and obviously just wasnt ready. Hes a more gifted reciever than Reed but talent isnt everything. The guy was a second round pick for a reason so his talent may take a little time to shine....

Calm down people and enjoy a nice week one win and a little bit of national praise for once

PS Trent was just on Rome is Burning and I love the fact that he sound like an intelligent well spoken guy.

McKelvin will make his way onto the field when he is able to outplay the D-Backs in front of him and with the way that Ashton "I finally got my act together" Youbouty is playin ball it may take a while. We should be happy that the talent is that deep. Let the kid learn behind the vets for a good chunk on the year and let him develop. Remember he was commin from Troy which is not exactly a pro producing haven. I pumped to see that we fianally have the depth and experience in the defensive backfield to commit tot he blitz when its working....

As for Hardy I think a little something of his lack of playing time was due to the nagging injuries. The guy missed a little camp time and obviously just wasnt ready. Hes a more gifted reciever than Reed but talent isnt everything. The guy was a second round pick for a reason so his talent may take a little time to shine....

Calm down people and enjoy a nice week one win and a little bit of national praise for once

PS Trent was just on Rome is Burning and I love the fact that he sound like an intelligent well spoken guy.

Agree with all of that, but I think Troy deserves a bit more cred. No they're not a "pro producing haven," but they produced studs like Umenyiora and DeMarcus Ware in the past 3-4 years.

Oh so you fools didn`t see him return kicks in the pre-season. Keep talking Einstein. :thumbsup:

Let's see. Punt returner ran one back for a touchdown, and Seattle didn't let the kick returner -- you know, the one who made the Pro Bowl a couple of years ago -- have a shot on two out of their three kickoffs.

Add in those two poor decisions McKelvin made in the Detroit game, and you're complaining about this? Really?

Why must you guys rag on everybody for asking a question about our top 2 rookies who were said to be playing early but yet they didn't is that wrong to wonder why? But c'mon you don't think we could have gave him a chance at kick returning but instead we put Fred back there who we haven't seen ever return a kick WTF don't such ***holes for people being curious.

Why must you guys rag on everybody for asking a question about our top 2 rookies who were said to be playing early but yet they didn't is that wrong to wonder why? But c'mon you don't think we could have gave him a chance at kick returning but instead we put Fred back there who we haven't seen ever return a kick WTF don't such ***holes for people being curious.

Jackson is the up-back. That's the same job London Fletcher used to have. April doesn't use two return men on kickoffs, because he'd rather have the extra blocker.

And I was going to stay out of this until Buffaloed started calling people "fools" for disagreeing with him. Right now, when the games count, April has better choices than McKelvin. Will that change once Leodis learns to leave the ball alone inside the 10? We'll see.

And from their performance on Sunday, April's judgement is the LAST thing about this team I'd question.

Jackson is the up-back. That's the same job London Fletcher used to have. April doesn't use two return men on kickoffs, because he'd rather have the extra blocker.

And I was going to stay out of this until Buffaloed started calling people "fools" for disagreeing with him. Right now, when the games count, April has better choices than McKelvin. Will that change once Leodis learns to leave the ball alone inside the 10? We'll see.

And from their performance on Sunday, April's judgement is the LAST thing about this team I'd question.

Yeah well who started the crap throwing All powerfull Lori ?? Yeah one sided as usual. And I`d say I know alittle more about football then . Nevermind.

Yeah well who started the crap throwing All powerfull Lori ?? Yeah one sided as usual. And I`d say I know alittle more about football then . Nevermind.

Care to actually disagree with any of the points I made?

At least give the kid a kick return. Damn. :thumbsup:

why? were they missing something in the return game?

i dont understand why so many people are clamoring for the rookies to play....THEY OBVIOUSLY DIDNT NEED THEM DID THEY