Is the Superbowl this week? Who are we playing?

CJPearl2

I love optimism. Although as a born and bred Buffalo Bills fan I've had little, other than those four years in the early 90s which all ended in severe pessimism.

But we all need to calm down and enjoy our WEEK 1 win. We've been hear before (see '03 with win v. Pats and '06 with win v. Texans) and a strong week 1 win doesn't always lead to the playoffs. In fact, I can hardly remember the playoffs as a Bills fan (actually, I do, but I'm pretending not to).

So, I will enjoy this day with all of you. I will rejoice in Brady's knee being f-ed up. And I will praise our off-season pickups on defense, our new offense, and our typically dominant special teams. But I will also be very cautious (as a Bills fan I need to be) and not too cocky, and (as the cliche goes..) take one game at a time.

Is it too late to say Superbowl bound? Yes.

But it's not too late to say: The Bills are back, baby!

Don't tell anyone around here that there is still the rest of the season to play. You'll get flamed for being a pessimist.

Not true at all... just having fun... though if you like I will flame you for being a smug, humor-challenged douche. <_<

Enjoy the win, man... we all know there is a long way to go, and disappointment lurks around every corner. We're Bills fans, for Gawd's sake!

Not true at all... just having fun... though if you like I will flame you for being a smug, humor-challenged douche. <_<

Enjoy the win, man... we all know there is a long way to go, and disappointment lurks around every corner. We're Bills fans, for Gawd's sake!

Well, good thing you don't need to flame me then, you're saving yourself some embarrassment.

Who says I'm not enjoying the win? I'm ecstatic. Sorry that I'm not ready to hand the Bills the division and Vince Lombardi trophy after the first week of the season. Do we have a shot? Of course. Better than any in the last 9 years. But who's to say WE won't have key injuries or anything of the like for the rest of the season? Who would have expected Indianapolis, San Diego, and Jacksonville to all lose, while Brady is gone for the season? That was just one week. Imagine what could happen during the next 16.

There are still alot of questions about this team. All 3 phases played well yesterday. The offense was in 3rd place for performance. If one of the phases completely sucks can we still win? When we are 3 points ahead and there is 2 minutes left will the defense hold? Can the offense score a needed touchdown to win the game with 2 minutes left? None of these questions have been answered and it will come up at some point this season. The team and fans can't expect the Bills to win by 24 points every week. It would be nice but the close games you win is what makes you a superbowl winner.

Well, good thing you don't need to flame me then, you're saving yourself some embarrassment.

Who says I'm not enjoying the win? I'm ecstatic. Sorry that I'm not ready to hand the Bills the division and Vince Lombardi trophy after the first week of the season. Do we have a shot? Of course. Better than any in the last 9 years. But who's to say WE won't have key injuries or anything of the like for the rest of the season? Who would have expected Indianapolis, San Diego, and Jacksonville to all lose, while Brady is gone for the season? That was just one week. Imagine what could happen during the next 16.

Exactly.

Oh man... you don't need to tell me to worry about the future. That's all I do. I can imagine all sorts of terrible things, many of which will likely happen. Truth is, the Bills will probably not win the super bowl this year. Probably never will. Ever. And all of us will die someday, many of us in horrible ways. Oh, and by the way, the world is hurtling toward hell in a handbasket made of idiocy and irresponsibility leavened with evil. That of course is why it is more fun to dance around a bit after a football game where one's team has won. If it makes you happy to play emotional traffic cop, then go right ahead. All of us (and despite my lame attempt at humor, I still embrace you as a fellow Bills fan no matter what) will still be happy together when the Bills win, and be gloomy together when they lose.

Have a great week, and here's hoping that next Monday we will still have people worrying about others being too happy because the team just won another game. :lol:

Oh man... you don't need to tell me to worry about the future. That's all I do. I can imagine all sorts of terrible things, many of which will likely happen. Truth is, the Bills will probably not win the super bowl this year. Probably never will. Ever. And all of us will die someday, many of us in horrible ways. Oh, and by the way, the world is hurtling toward hell in a handbasket made of idiocy and irresponsibility leavened with evil. That of course is why it is more fun to dance around a bit after a football game where one's team has won. If it makes you happy to play emotional traffic cop, then go right ahead. All of us (and despite my lame attempt at humor, I still embrace you as a fellow Bills fan no matter what) will still be happy together when the Bills win, and be gloomy together when they lose.

Have a great week, and here's hoping that next Monday we will still have people worrying about others being too happy because the team just won another game. :lol:

Look at my original comment that you posted on. Hate to say I told you so.

Actually, no I don't. :lol: