Who gets a new contract first?

bluenews

Who gets a new contract first?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Our offense needs both

• Jason Peters
    • Lee Evans

There is no question that it's Evans, because he can walk at the end of the year.

BTW, it's not like Evans is all about the Bills and not money, as some here seem to suggest. I love the guy and think he is a terrific player, a must sign, and a great citizen. But remember, he actually has a contract with the Bills through 2009 not 2008. The only reason people talk about him becoming a free agent next year is because he has a player option to opt out and everyone expects him to exercise it. Why? More money. Why hasn't he signed yet even though the Bills have been talking to him for a year about a new deal? More money.

As long as we don't break the bank on Evans I say sign him. He shouldn't get over $7/mil a year. Berrian money is par for him although he's better. Berrian is over-paid anyways. As much as I like Lee, I like the idea of Roy Williams if we can't keep him. Williams is a true #1 who can dominate a game in a way Lee can't.

Lee can't get open like Steve Smith, and he's not big enough to dominate on the goal line. I would still pay him, but no more than than Berrian whose compensated at the same rate as Reggie Wayne. Wayne is better than both right now. Lee is definitely worth 6 years $42 million for future contract appreciation.

Peters may be traded at the end of the year, he won't have the money to lock him up and Stroud. I would prefer Peters as he's younger, but he's going to want $9-11 mil a year. No one is worth that in a FA league unless you are Brady or Manning.

Peters already has a contract

they both allready have a contract...who gets a "NEW" contract is gonna be Evans...hes in his last year and could be gone next if Bills dont move on it fast...Peters can still wait till next year without worrying about...wonder if Peters sits out next seasons ota's and training camp like he did this year?

As long as we don't break the bank on Evans I say sign him. He shouldn't get over $7/mil a year. Berrian money is par for him although he's better. Berrian is over-paid anyways. As much as I like Lee, I like the idea of Roy Williams if we can't keep him. Williams is a true #1 who can dominate a game in a way Lee can't.

Lee can't get open like Steve Smith, and he's not big enough to dominate on the goal line. I would still pay him, but no more than than Berrian whose compensated at the same rate as Reggie Wayne. Wayne is better than both right now. Lee is definitely worth 6 years $42 million for future contract appreciation.

Peters may be traded at the end of the year, he won't have the money to lock him up and Stroud. I would prefer Peters as he's younger, but he's going to want $9-11 mil a year. No one is worth that in a FA league unless you are Brady or Manning.

No Way Peters gets traded...If the Bills wanted him traded they would have done that this season while Peters was holding out

There is no question that it's Evans, because he can walk at the end of the year.

BTW, it's not like Evans is all about the Bills and not money, as some here seem to suggest. I love the guy and think he is a terrific player, a must sign, and a great citizen. But remember, he actually has a contract with the Bills through 2009 not 2008. The only reason people talk about him becoming a free agent next year is because he has a player option to opt out and everyone expects him to exercise it. Why? More money. Why hasn't he signed yet even though the Bills have been talking to him for a year about a new deal? More money.

you have to remember that these players dont look at the NFL like we fans do...we love the Bills and if we had a chance to play for Buffalo we would never leave because theyre our favorite team...Players see the NFL as a business...they go where the money when they can and you cant blame them for it...if a different company came up to any of us and offered big money we'd take it fast and wouldnt look back

Here's a question for Bills fans -- would you rather the front office do the fair, right thing (re-sign Evans first) or the thing that might be more valuable to the team long-term (extending Peters to make him happy)? Who could more easily be replaced? :thumbsup:

I don't think it's a knock on Evans because he wants to opt. out this year. It seems to me he is looking for money but, wants to stay in Buffalo if possible. If I were the Bills I'd give him a contract slightly more than what Plaxico Burress signed for. Great receivers are tough to come to by. Especially great receivers that have as much character as he does. :thumbsup: