How 'bout Ashton Youboty?

lets_go_bills

He was on the bubble with SOME fans only.

I fixed your post for you. There were some fans like myself who understood he was a young project with potential when drafted & needed a chance to develop. I hope all the people that wanted to trade him for next to nothing will learn from this.

While we don't have a full-blown superstar CB a-la Bailey, I think we are very balanced and deep at the position. Youboty can only improve. He's only 24. And I must admit I was in that group that wanted him to get the boot. I was mad that he failed to emerge last year. I'm glad the Bills exercised patience with him.

He's only 24. And I must admit I was in that group that wanted him to get the boot. I was mad that he failed to emerge last year. I'm glad the Bills exercised patience with him.

There's a lot to be said for that, he came out of OSU early and slipped to the 3rd round, probably because of that, and his rookie year was a washout. This is almost where he'd be (estimating) halfway through his rookie year developmentally if he had stayed.

I noticed he was the first to celebrate with Denney after his TD.

That's about it though.

No...he played a great game. Go back and watch it again. I was extremely impressed with Youboty. He made some great open field tackles that saved them on 3rd down.

While we don't have a full-blown superstar CB a-la Bailey, I think we are very balanced and deep at the position.

Saying the Bills are "deep" at CB is probably the understatement of the year. For crying out loud, you could take guys at #4 and #5 on the CB depth chart--McKelvin and Corner--and you'd have a very credible starting CB tandem, once they were rid of their rookie mistakes. A group of CBs as deep as this has got to be a wet dream for Jauron. Has anyone ever heard of a CB group as deep as this, or even close?

Saying the Bills are "deep" at CB is probably the understatement of the year. For crying out loud, you could take guys at #4 and #5 on the CB depth chart--McKelvin and Corner--and you'd have a very credible starting CB tandem, once they were rid of their rookie mistakes. A group of CBs as deep as this has got to be a wet dream for Jauron. Has anyone ever heard of a CB group as deep as this, or even close?

The cowboys with

Terrance Newman, Anthony Henry, Pacman Jones, and Mike Jenkins as well as rookie Orlando Scandrick

His coverage skills still have a way to go.

He is the best tackler in the secondary though and doesn't make too many mistakes. I honestly think that he can excel at safety, but will always be limited at CB. Still a better option than Eric King :angry:

For the last two years and even when he was drafted from Ohio State i was a critic of his. I thought he had as much athleticism as anyone i have seen but that his technique was almost nonexistant and especially his attention was lacking. He didnt seem to know where to line up. He looked much more comfortable today. Really our coverage was great against recievers that are pretty good at getting open. We kept it pretty simple today, but i think this year we are going to disguise coverages better in the secondary, especially if our front 6 allow us to play nickel and dime more.