Corner, McCargo, Ellis, Johnson Among Inactives.....

sven233

I thought he was supposed to be our secret weapon this year?

I thought he was outplaying McKelvin in the preseason?

Wasn't he supposed to supply added pass rush this year?

This is his breakout year, how are the Bills supposed to trade him if nobody knows about him. :beer:

Where are the feasts we were promised ?

The Bills don't need more than 4 CB's. The Seahawks only have 2 WR's. :wallbash:

As for Johnson, with him getting so little PT in pre-season, this is no shocker.

Ellis I hoped would be there. But again, with Seattle having no WR's to throw the ball to...

McCargo is a disappointment. Then again, the team last year thought that Webster should start over Greer. :beer:

I truthfully think that McCargo has the most upside of any DL on our roster! Near the end of last year, the guy seemed to make a play or two against the run each game. this is a shock as well as disturbing.

I hadne't heard any of the previous trade rumors which are mentioned on the thread, what has anyone heard?

So, is Bell inactive? The NFL.com list says he is:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/07/seahawks-bills-inactives/

Bills inactives: QB Gibran Hamdan (3rd), WR Steve Johnson, CB Reggie Corner, OL Matt Murphy, OL Demetrius Bell, TE Derek Fine, DE Chris Ellis, DT John McCargo.

Sven, where does your list come from? I was suprised to see Bell inactive with Peters still out.

i really don't think any of these names are surprising - 53 man roster means 8 guys have to sit.......they have to come from somewhere

it's a damn shame that crowell wasn't one of those inactives today

Actually only 7...you have 45 plus the 3rd string QB who doesn't count against it...

The dude came on strong last year and was the best DT on the roster in '07.

For a team that uses "waves" of DTs, this is a shocking move (to me). I understand needing to activate more LBs (all 6 are active) but at the expense of this guy?

Something is up.

You had a problem with the way the DL played today ?

Official Inactives:

3QB 10 G.Hamdan, WR 13 St.Johnson, CB 27 R.Corner, OL 70 M.Murphy, OL 77 D.Bell, TE 86 D.Fine, DE 93 C.Ellis, DT 97 J.McCargo

NFL Gamebook: http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/2...UF_Gamebook.pdf

Interesting that Corner was inactive and Omon was active. Copeland played ok plays I saw him.

Boy this is not good for big John!

i really think people are over-reacting

buffalo was facing a pass first offense, so they didn't need as much depth along the DL........against a run first offense (i.e. the jags) they might decide to go with 4 DT's

the bigger concern is why mccargo as a former first rounder now in his 3rd year isn't among the top 3 DT's, but i think that speaks more to the ability of the stroud/johnson/williams then it does about mccargo