Democrats Throw Away US Flags

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who. Cares? A plastic handout is now a matter of national honor, akin to losing the colors in military battle? Get a grip. There are issues that matter. This isn't one.

Mods. Ban me please. I beg you.

Never said that.... this is about how people treat and show respect for each other .... you obviously are in capable of doing that...

Try this.... just googled it.... www.kitchentablegang.org There seemed to be many sites... takes some effort but I know you are up to the challenge :lol:

Ah...so you're perfectly okay with burning the flag, then?

Because that's what they do, as they state clearly.

Ah...so you're perfectly okay with burning the flag, then?

Because that's what they do, as they state clearly.

Yes... the proper way to dispose of a WORN or TATTERED flag is to burn it in a DIGNIFIED manner, keeping the worn pieces from flying about. Burning of the flag in protest is not dignified... get it?? :lol:

Yes... the proper way to dispose of a WORN or TATTERED flag is to burn it in a DIGNIFIED manner, keeping the worn pieces from flying about. Burning of the flag in protest is not dignified... get it?? :lol:

It's not possible to have a dignified protest?

I've still got an old nylon flag I took down last year that I can't dispose of. Burning it's illegal (pollution), throwing it out's illegal...local American Legion post won't take it.

I was thinking I'd just use it to wrap fish. That's not illegal, is it?

You can take it your local VFW Post. A retiree here would come in an take all our old flags, his wife would repair them and then they would reuse them.

Like I said, the bigger issue is what the heck do we do with all the little patriotic fare. :unsure::unsure:

What pumps me is that the people complaining are most likely breaking a plethora of flag rules as we speak!

:rolleyes::(

It's not possible to have a dignified protest?

I have yet to see a dignified protest were the flag was burned... not that that would be technically impossible.... but I have yet to see one.

If you have a link to a video to a dignified flag burning protest please provide.... I would be very interested to see it..

but since my sense is that you are just being a chit house lawyer.. I doubt that you will... :thumbsup::D

throwing out plastic trinkets is now about respect? Aretha Franklin save us.

No matter how small a US Flag might be... I would never call it a trinket... That would be disrespectful in my opinion as it minimizes the symbolism of the Flag... At the very least, the flags from a party convention could be considered a cherished momento.... :thumbsup:

No matter how small a US Flag might be... I would never call it a trinket... That would be disrespectful in my opinion as it minimizes the symbolism of the Flag... At the very least, the flags from a party convention could be considered a cherished momento.... :thumbsup:

You don't even know the history of the flag, do you?

These are the issues that matter. Thank you raising such important points. The destruction of a 2X4 inch flag--a cherished momento, as you say--makes me weep for the future.