With which candidate would you want to tiger hunt?

Peter

George Bush.  I think Kerry is more likely to be faster than me, and when hunting tigers, you should do so with people whom you can outrun...  :w00t:

79894[/snapback]

If that's true, doesn't that blow the whole "Kerry-is-not-literally-fit-to-be-president -because-he-didn't-carry-his goose" theory?

Damn, the choice for president was becoming so clear.

If that's true, doesn't that blow the whole "Kerry-is-not-literally-fit-to-be-president -because-he-didn't-carry-his goose" theory? 

Damn, the choice for president was becoming so clear.

79995[/snapback]

Well...I never bought into that stupid-ass theory anyway (and thank you all for making my decision easier. Pissing contests like that will be deleted.) Honestly, I'm reasonably sure that most people of Kerry's wealth and class hunt with porters...I don't particularly care. If his intent was to portray himself as "Joe Everyman" or a staunch NRA supporter in a freshly pressed new camo jacket with the hired help carrying his kill, it's a pretty lame campaign stunt, doubly so for coming less than two weeks before the election - actually, make that tripply so, since not only is it pretty lame on its face, and too late to do any real good to his campaign, it also makes his priorities look rather questionable in taking a day off from campaigning to go sport hunting twelve days before the election.

Now for all I know, he's just an avid hunter and wanted to get an outing in before the season ended tomorrow...which doesn't change the fact that no matter how you slice it it was a bad move with respect to his campaign that isn't going to win him any points. And I'm cynical enough about American politics that it was an intentional campaign move...and, like most of Kerry's campaign moves, a rather clumsy one.

But hell..."Kerry's unfit for president because he can't carry his own goose"? Get real. Anyone with any sense should want a president that knows how to delegate the small, meaningless stevestojan...

None of which has to do with tiger hunting. If I go with Kerry, the tiger gets me. If I go with George...tiger gets George. QED. :w00t:

Honestly, I'm reasonably sure that most people of Kerry's wealth and class hunt with porters...I don't particularly care. 

Let's not forget that GB is the same wealth and class. Not many "Joe Everyman" out there that have owned baseball teams, owned oil companies, have a father that was president, have a grand father who was a governor of Connecticut, etc.

Let's not forget that GB is the same wealth and class.  Not many "Joe Everyman" out there that have owned baseball teams, owned oil companies, have a father that was president, have a grand father who was a governor of Connecticut, etc.

80558[/snapback]

I'm not forgetting. By "class" I was thinking more of "ruling class" than anything else. I don't know if Bush hunts...but Cheney does. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else carrying his game, either. Monied people do things differently.

Let's not forget that GB is the same wealth and class.  Not many "Joe Everyman" out there that have owned baseball teams, owned oil companies, have a father that was president, have a grand father who was a governor of Connecticut, etc.

80558[/snapback]

That statement is all too often forgotten in these discussions of the candidates. Mr. Kerry has a great deal of wealth that comes from his wife. Mr. Bush is in the same league, (give or take a hundred million), because of his family's wealth. Actually I think that Mr. Bush has a larger personal fortune than Mr. Kerry. Whille Mr. Kerry has a couple of million (maybe five), of his own money, Mr. Bush is over 20 million.

I'm not forgetting.  By "class" I was thinking more of "ruling class" than anything else. 

That's what I thought you meant. Can't compete with GB in the "ruling class" contest since his family has been ruling parts or all of the US (historically - mostly the NE area) for a very long time now.

80558[/snapback]

1. I owned a baseball team ( fantasy team, but still)

2. I think one of the mutual funds in my 401k owns some oil stock

3. My dad was president of our little league

4. I hate Connecticut because it is too hard to spell, so I don't care about this one.

That's what I thought you meant.  Can't compete with GB in the "ruling class" contest since his family has been ruling parts or all of the US (historically - mostly the NE area) for a very long time now.

80616[/snapback]

Yes, Kerry's a relative upstart in the ruling class...certainly not like the Bushs or Kennedys are. Doesn't change the fact that neither of them is as close to being "in tune" with the general populace as they like to pretend...which, I think, is the main trait of the ruling class, regardless of whether or not someone's born or selected to it.