How many years did it take you to get your Bachelor's?

JK2000

At least Obama has educational achievements to trump, Palin went through 5 colleges in 6 years and only has a Bachelor's in Journalism to show for it. I'm still waiting for your proof that magna cum laude was somehow different when Obama attended Harvard.

So you believe that schools use the same distribution of grades and distribution of ranking distinctions today that they did 5, 10, 20, and 50 years ago. There is no such thing as grade inflation, and there is no such thing as tightening up on grades. Fine - I'll cede you your fantasy.

So that leaves us with Harvards own statement. Today (and according to you, since time immorial) , those with a score of 7.2 or higher graduate summa cum laude. The next 10% graduate magna cum laude, and the next 30% graduate cum laude.

So he's not at the top of the class. How many are? Gee - it depends on the grading curve, and Harvard won't release any information on it. Could be one person, could be 10% of the class, could be 60%!

But here's a fun exercise. Google 'summa cum laude, harvard law, and some year' and see how many names pop up. It's more than one or two.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JK2000 , how many years did it take YOU to get through Hamburger U?

That's the second time you've used my brilliant "Hamburger U" line without my permission. I guess that I "must have done good" right?

So you believe that schools use the same distribution of grades and distribution of ranking distinctions today that they did 5, 10, 20, and 50 years ago. There is no such thing as grade inflation, and there is no such thing as tightening up on grades. Fine - I'll cede you your fantasy.

So that leaves us with Harvards own statement. Today (and according to you, since time immorial) , those with a score of 7.2 or higher graduate summa cum laude. The next 10% graduate magna cum laude, and the next 30% graduate cum laude.

So he's not at the top of the class. How many are? Gee - it depends on the grading curve, and Harvard won't release any information on it. Could be one person, could be 10% of the class, could be 60%!

But here's a fun exercise. Google 'summa cum laude, harvard law, and some year' and see how many names pop up. It's more than one or two.

Wait a second....McCain was given a legacy appointment to Annapolis (dad was Admiral) and finished in the bottom 1%.

894 out of 899 ....that's nepotism and incompetence :lol:

Grades? We're worried about !@#$ing grades????? Is there a GPA cut-off for political positions? Do SAT scores count? How about extra-curricular activities? Anyone know if she played varsity field hockey in high school, or did she quit after JV?

Are you people !@#$ing serious about this sh--? JK, can't you attack her on...oh, I don't know...issues or something? :lol: Lord knows it's easy enough.

Grades? We're worried about !@#$ing grades????? Is there a GPA cut-off for political positions? Do SAT scores count? How about extra-curricular activities? Anyone know if she played varsity field hockey in high school, or did she quit after JV?

Are you people !@#$ing serious about this sh--? JK, can't you attack her on...oh, I don't know...issues or something? :lol: Lord knows it's easy enough.

They're scared of Palin. She's energized the ticket and the GOP base.

'Nuff said. :lol:

:lol:

What does she run in the 40?

Is she high motor?

I'm not attacking her on grades!

Wait a second....McCain was given a legacy appointment to Annapolis (dad was Admiral) and finished in the bottom 1%.

Good thing he's only running for president. His GPA isn't high enough for VP.

:lol::lol::lol:

Nobody ever said McCain' academic background was superior. The question is whether one can ridicule Palin's educational background through comparison to Obama, while refusing to aknowledge that Obama has released on no information at all. For all we know he flunked out of Occidential and was dead last at Columbia. Or maybe he was kicked out of Occuidental for drugs, or sleeping with the Dean's daughter. Who knows? Who cares???

Yeah, your attacks are even MORE ridiculous, by an order of magnitude.

What, is pointing out that it took a person who wants to be one heartbeat away from the presidency 6 years and 5 crappy colleges to earn a Bachelor's in Journalism really that ridiculous? Or do you think that if you stick up for Sarah enough "First Dude" will be so ingratiated to you that he'll take you on a romantic twilight snowmobile ride where you can wrap your noodlely arms around his masculine torso. I hate to kill your fantasy but "First Dude" barely reads this board.

Nobody ever said McCain' academic background was superior. The question is whether one can ridicule Palin's educational background through comparison to Obama, while refusing to aknowledge that Obama has released on no information at all. For all we know he flunked out of Occidential and was dead last at Columbia. Or maybe he was kicked out of Occuidental for drugs, or sleeping with the Dean's daughter. Who knows? Who cares???

:lol: Are you trying to be funny? I was going for funny......swing and a miss I guess.

What, is pointing out that it took a person who wants to be one heartbeat away from the presidency 6 years and 5 crappy colleges to earn a Bachelor's in Journalism really that ridiculous?

Yes.

Or do you think that if you stick up for Sarah enough "First Dude" will be so ingratiated to you that he'll take you on a romantic twilight snowmobile ride where you can wrap your noodlely arms around his masculine torso. I hate to kill your fantasy but "First Dude" barely reads this board.

What, are you eight?