Is Lee Evans Next?

Frez

Exactly. There is NO reason this shouldn't already be a DONE DEAL.

You do realize that the offer the Bills made could be really nice and solid and Evans might still be holding off just to see if with the new scheme he can show more production thus increase his market value?

no need to hold out....thats not obvious? giants ownership say we need you, Bills ownership says we need another year on our good fortune deal.

Well, since Burress signed his deal the day of the first game, it is not as if the Bills are so far behind, yet, when it comes to Evans.

I asked the question honestly, in case this was some reference to Peters, who, you may have heard, has held out.

There are many reasons for Evans not having his extension yet. You may choose to blame it on the front office, it may be, as others have said, that Evans may want to wait and see. No matter how good the Bills' offer might be, they cannot force him to sign. A lot depends on his own sense of his potential value. If he signs an extension anytime between right now and next March, all is well. Way too early to panic otherwise.

Well, since Burress signed his deal the day of the first game, it is not as if the Bills are so far behind, yet, when it comes to Evans.

I asked the question honestly, in case this was some reference to Peters, who, you may have heard, has held out.

There are many reasons for Evans not having his extension yet. You may choose to blame it on the front office, it may be, as others have said, that Evans may want to wait and see. No matter how good the Bills' offer might be, they cannot force him to sign. A lot depends on his own sense of his potential value. If he signs an extension anytime between right now and next March, all is well. Way too early to panic otherwise.

i agree on you valid points about Evans...in fact, i think he wants to see how Edwards pans out before deciding one way or the other. I was in fact refering to Peters and his 3 yrs remaining that so many posters want to point out as a major sticking point with giving a new deal. Even if the bills are doing the right thing for the teams long term future, it hurts the team this year, and that sucks.

If the Burress contract was in the works and Evan's agent knew this, do you suppose he may have been holding old to see what Burress got and might be ready to get a contract done using this as an amount to work from? I'm probably just spewing the obvious here amongst the experts.

If this is the case, get it done now that Crowell probably won't be an issue and Peters is a foregone conclusion.

The last thing I heard about this is that Evans was sure something would get done. I wonder if Evans and Burress have the same agent. If so that might explain the lack of a contract so far.

I could not help myself from thinking about the peters situation when Shefter reported Burress still had 3 yrs remaining on his current deal. Sometimes i just wish my favorite team had different ownership. Selfish i know.

It's far less about the money than letting players set a precedent of trying to get a new contract by holding out like this. If he is in fact seeking $12 million a year he's nuts and that might make him untradeable.

i agree on you valid points about Evans...in fact, i think he wants to see how Edwards pans out before deciding one way or the other. I was in fact refering to Peters and his 3 yrs remaining that so many posters want to point out as a major sticking point with giving a new deal. Even if the bills are doing the right thing for the teams long term future, it hurts the team this year, and that sucks.

Oh we can certainly agree that it sucks! :w00t:

no need to hold out....thats not obvious? giants ownership say we need you, Bills ownership says we need another year on our good fortune deal.

The Bills tore up his former contract and gave him a raise to over three million a year! They want him to do one more year on that contract. I also believe if he had shown up all offseason and for camp he might have an extension now.

You Be the Judge:

Stat Comparison...

Lee Evans

Year____Rec____Yards____Avg____Long____TD

2007____55_____849 ____15.4____ 85T___ 5

2006____82 ____1,292 ____15.8 ____83 ____ 8

2005____48 _____743 ____15.5 ____65 ____ 7

2004____48 _____843 ____17.6 ____69____ 9

Plax

Year____Rec____Yards____Avg____Long____TD

2007____70 ____1,025 ____14.6 ____60 ____12

2006____63 _____988 ____15.7 ____55 ____10