Tom Brady has cracked bone in his foot?

Golden Wheels

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources have indicated that the quarterback of the New England Patriots, Tom Brady, has a cracked bone in his foot. It was on the Dennis & Callahan Show this morning. However, Brady is still scheduled to play on Sunday.

This is a Emmitt Smith type of injury - how heroic he is if he plays but it is not his fault if they lose or he sits because he is not playing well.

Did you watch him try (and fail) to get away from the Gints' pass rush on that bad foot in the Super Bowl? If he's playing -- but not as mobile as he normally is, which isn't much to begin with -- it could be a HUGE deal. Like, Fucillo-sized.

Brady wasn't moving well in the Super Bowl, and that was behind the O-Line that allowed him to play most of the year in a La-Z-Boy recliner in the pocket. Now, their line is patchwork, has suffered injuries, and hasn't looked solid at all in the preseason.

I think Steve Grogan could step in this Sunday and quarterback them to a win over the Chiefs, but this could be VERY interesting throughout the season.

That could be VERY interesting news. In my days of following the Los Angeles Rams (going back to Roman Gabriel), I had to wait a long, long time for Joe Montana to finally come to earth. As the saying goes...."Time heals all wounds", and my wound has been two very good quarterbacks. Time took care of Montana, and maybe - just M-A-Y-B-E - it's starting to nip at Marcia's heels. Literally.

Osteofissures in the foot can be a really tough issue. My mother didn't even know that she had a hairline fracture in her foot for about a year. It just caused her immeasurable pain. By the time it was properly diagnosed, the bone had healed out of position, and the foot had to be rebroken and reset (editorial note - sometimes I think my Mom is tougher than I am. That's a procedure I wouldn't want to endure, and it the pain must have been unbearable to subject herself to that course of action).

Most of you have recently read the Buffalo News article about Ryan Denney, and his long road back from foot surgery. Doesn't it sound like a song sung in the tune of John McCargo and HIS foot surgery? Think "lots of little bones", and "really tough to set them back into place" and "the principal load-bearing member of the entire friggin' body". And Tommy Boy is going to try to tough it out, eh? Here's the deal.....IT DOESN'T HEAL UP PROPERLY UNLESS YOU PLANT YOUR @$$ ON THE RECLINER FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS. You don't have to look much farther than Denney, or McCargo, or even Stroud (ankle) to figure THAT out.

I love it, Marcia. You're a hero, and an inspiration to us all. Get out there and show us you're Superman.

We'll put a brass plaque with your name on it on our injury cart.