Sarah Palin Background Check

BillsNYC

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...a bad investment, or kicking of your political career at a terrorist's home? Wonder which one will concern the American people more in November.

IDK it doesn't seem to bother the tighty righties that Bush has met w/ the Bin Ladens AS PRESIDENT. So you tell me which one concerns Americans more? Palin doen't seem to be able to manage business or her kids. I think that's the point.

I'm so enjoying the torture the left is going through trying to discredit a working emancipated woman that is a conservative Republican.

They're so enamored of the characture they've created of the American Woman that they support. It reminds me so of the high tech lynching they did of Clarence Thomas. Yes, we're all for people like YOU, except that you have to believe in what WE do. Otherwise - screw you!

E.J. Dionne of the Washington Post today quoting Charlie Cook of the Cook Report and Roll Call, a capitol hill rag.

Charlie Cook, the great political analyst, passed this along today: He spoke with someone who described going through three interviews before getting a job at Ruby Tuesday’s. If you generously construe the record, that’s one more discussion than McCain had with Palin. Maybe Ruby Tuesday’s should have done McCain’s vetting for him.

'Tis why he's called a reformer and maverick now, his whole career is based off of the rebuilding of his image in response to the Keating 5 scandal. (Also shows he's a damn hypocrite, but alas...)

Well, like I posted elsewhere:

How exactly does McCain get credit and kudos for being "a maverick" and reformer and bucking his own party and system by selecting Sarah Palin, when it is being reported everywhere, and denied by no one, that Palin was his at most, his third choice, and the only reason he chose her was that the base and religious right of the party said no to who McCain really wanted, Lieberman and Ridge, and and a huge thumb up if they got who THEY wanted, who is Palin.

Well, like I posted elsewhere:

How exactly does McCain get credit and kudos for being "a maverick" and reformer and bucking his own party and system by selecting Sarah Palin, when it is being reported everywhere, and denied by no one, that Palin was his at most, his third choice, and the only reason he chose her was that the base and religious right of the party said no to who McCain really wanted, Lieberman and Ridge, and and a huge thumb up if they got who THEY wanted, who is Palin.

Easy - it's the appearance of bucking the trend by taking an outsider and unknown.

Funny thing is Mc Cain only met her once for an afternoon. So that asks the question "What moron picker her?" 18 months experience in America's wasetland, a pregnant 17 year old daughter (so much for Abstinence) and a needy 4 month old baby at home while she cuts and runs from her responsibilities at home. This is gonna be bad news for Mc Cain. Maybe if he was coherent enough to make his own decisions he would have picked someone else.

I think we can now put to rest the rumor that she was not vetted properly per article below just released. John McCain knew about the pregnancy and everything else (I'm sure including anything else that pops up) and still chose her. Its up to you whether you agree with his decision or not on choosing her, but he clearly made a choice knowing all the facts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/02/po...ry4408656.shtml

In my opinion, having a 17 year old who is pregnant, a husband who had a DUI when he was 22, and her having a fishing fine doesn't disqualify her for the VP spot. The McCain camp obviously feels the Troopergate situation is going to turn out in her favor. With that, I feel its a little risky but don't know the facts, and none of us do other than the McCain camp.

Ya, and they said there were WMD's in Iraq... And most people believed these tools from the get go.

<_<:unsure:

If they say she was vetted properly, you can almost take it to the bank that she was not.

:lol:

I'm so enjoying the torture the left is going through trying to discredit a working emancipated woman that is a conservative Republican.

They're so enamored of the characture they've created of the American Woman that they support. It reminds me so of the high tech lynching they did of Clarence Thomas. Yes, we're all for people like YOU, except that you have to believe in what WE do. Otherwise - screw you!

Hey, she discredits herself... Let's take responsibility... You can't make this crap up.

What's next? She was hockey coach in Wasilla and told her 9 year old captain: "To run um." Then cleared the bench.

<_<

It hasn't been torture, really. It's been pretty easy. Had McCain done any background check at all he would have found most of this out, too.

And to clarify, "the left" didn't do anything to discredit Palin. She's done a fabulous job all by herself. You could even say that "The Left" is actually doing McCain's job for him in exposing this religious nut for what she is...a liar and a corrupt political opportunist.

Yes, and if McCain drops Palin now, he has NO CHANCE of winning on November 4. Then, Obama wins in a landslide in the easiest prediction in American history.

With Palin, McCain has a fighting chance. Maybe a Rocky-Balboa-fighting-Apollo-Creed-chance, but a chance. We will know more after Palin's speech tonight. Who knows? She may well address a lot of what has been written about her and her family. It wouldn't surprise me...Alaskans are a different breed.

I think Sarah Palin hit a home run last Friday...she needs another one tonight.

Yes, and if McCain drops Palin now, he has NO CHANCE of winning on November 4. Then, Obama wins in a landslide in the easiest prediction in American history.

With Palin, McCain has a fighting chance. Maybe a Rocky-Balboa-fighting-Apollo-Creed-chance, but a chance. We will know more after Palin's speech tonight. Who knows? She may well address a lot of what has been written about her and her family. It wouldn't surprise me...Alaskans are a different breed.

I think Sarah Palin hit a home run last Friday...she needs another one tonight.

Agreed!

And this is why I have always said politics is the toughest contact sport in the world.

P.S. Some idiot on morning Joe from the Wall Street Journal just said the United States is made up a 100,000 small towns made up of 10,000 people...in defense of Palin's experience as mayor. Oh really! that would put our small town population at 1 Billion and with our cities we would be close to the most populous country in the world.

Whatever and the Palin idiocy continues.

Funny thing is Mc Cain only met her once for an afternoon. So that asks the question "What moron picker her?" 18 months experience in America's wasetland, a pregnant 17 year old daughter (so much for Abstinence) and a needy 4 month old baby at home while she cuts and runs from her responsibilities at home. This is gonna be bad news for Mc Cain. Maybe if he was coherent enough to make his own decisions he would have picked someone else.

Go AWAY. You do neither side any service.