Mommy needs to become Vice President honey

and add this - Mommie has to go away for a few months. Politics are more important than my troubled Teen daughter and my 4 month old baby with tough challenges ahead. Now THAT is a values person. <_<

Did you just say that a woman with kids has no business to be in the workforce?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding.

Can't wait till middle America decides that the liberals have piled on this woman and her children far too much for their taste. Obama is smart enough to not be leading this charge, but he can't control the nasty hatred and bitterness that drives the American political left, now that it is emerging exactly the way it did four years ago.

Hey RCow, Obama up by 16 in PA yet?

You kidding, this is just the tip of the iceberg. It will only get worse on both sides from here on out. McCain and Obama will be brought into it and we will have get another sex education, although there is no evidence of a cigar this time.

Have you ever met a pregant high school girl who wasn't troubled?

Troubled, what does that mean? Yes, I have met a few that made a mistake, had a tough time, but were handling it with grace and dignity. More so than then the stability of folks on this board. since we don't know what is in thisteenagers heart nor should we since she is not running for office, the only even remotely debatable issue here is how did Gov. Palin react to her daughter's pregnancy. That is relevant, the rest is out of bounds.

Have you ever met a pregant high school girl who wasn't troubled?

Yes. Of course. Unless you want to say that all teenage girls are troubled. Teenage girls and teenage boys have sex. In enormous numbers. A lot of the girls end up getting pregnant. It doesn't at all mean they are troubled. I assume you probably drank a lot as a teen. Were you "troubled"?

I take that back, I think I know the answer.

Outstanding.

Can't wait till middle America decides that the liberals have piled on this woman and her children far too much for their taste. Obama is smart enough to not be leading this charge, but he can't control the nasty hatred and bitterness that drives the American political left, now that it is emerging exactly the way it did four years ago.

Hey RCow, Obama up by 16 in PA yet?

I agree. It takes a phuck up to embrace a phuck up. Now, I am not saying that this crap won't ever happen say in my personal life... I will just have enough sense to realize my own faults...

The hoi polloi in middle America are one strange breed... And it is only getting worse.

Yes. Of course. Unless you want to say that all teenage girls are troubled. Teenage girls and teenage boys have sex. In enormous numbers. A lot of the girls end up getting pregnant. It doesn't at all mean they are troubled. I assume you probably drank a lot as a teen. Were you "troubled"?

I take that back, I think I know the answer.

I take he/she meant to say "in troubled"... Which is an old term for being pregnant and not married. IE: Troubled.

Again, now when I read hers/his post... I just took the using of "troubled" to mean "in trouble" or pregnant and not married.

:angry::wallbash:

This ranks of there with me explaining what cloistered means to AD.

We all took high school English or read regularly?

Looks like the Conservatives are starting to speak:

I’m stunned - couldn’t the Republican Party find one competent female with adult children to run for Vice President with McCain? I realize his advisors probably didn’t want a “mature” woman, as the Democrats keep harping on his age. But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to the job of Governor within days of the birth?

I am haunted by the family pictures of the Palins during political photo-ops, showing the eldest daughter, now pregnant with her own child, cuddling the family’s newborn. When Mom and Dad both work full-time (no matter how many folks get involved with the children), it becomes a somewhat chaotic situation. Certainly, if a child becomes ill and is rushed to the hospital, and you’re on the hotline with both Israel and Iran as nuclear tempers are flaring, where’s your attention going to be? Where should your attention be? Well, once you put your hand on the Bible and make that oath, your attention has to be with the government of the United States of America.

Dr. Laura

http://www.drlaurablog.com/2008/09/02/sara...and-motherhood/

Looks like the Conservatives are starting to speak:

Dr. Laura

http://www.drlaurablog.com/2008/09/02/sara...and-motherhood/

"I am haunted by the family pictures of the Palins during political photo-ops, showing the eldest daughter, now pregnant with her own child, cuddling the family’s newborn. When Mom and Dad both work full-time (no matter how many folks get involved with the children), it becomes a somewhat chaotic situation. Certainly, if a child becomes ill and is rushed to the hospital, and you’re on the hotline with both Israel and Iran as nuclear tempers are flaring, where’s your attention going to be? Where should your attention be? Well, once you put your hand on the Bible and make that oath, your attention has to be with the government of the United States of America."

Wow. That is one of the most obnoxious criticisms I've seen of anyone in a long time. Women with children aren't responsible and can't be trusted to focus on important issues? Was one of Dr. Laura's own kids ill when she wrote that dreck?

Good to see you back as molson, molson. Your JK2000 username was getting tiresome. You're still a blockhead either way, of course...

"I am haunted by the family pictures of the Palins during political photo-ops, showing the eldest daughter, now pregnant with her own child, cuddling the family’s newborn. When Mom and Dad both work full-time (no matter how many folks get involved with the children), it becomes a somewhat chaotic situation. Certainly, if a child becomes ill and is rushed to the hospital, and you’re on the hotline with both Israel and Iran as nuclear tempers are flaring, where’s your attention going to be? Where should your attention be? Well, once you put your hand on the Bible and make that oath, your attention has to be with the government of the United States of America."

Wow. That is one of the most obnoxious criticisms I've seen of anyone in a long time. Women with children aren't responsible and can't be trusted to focus on important issues? Was one of Dr. Laura's own kids ill when she wrote that dreck?

Good to see you back as molson, molson. Your JK2000 username was getting tiresome. You're still a blockhead either way, of course...

Dr. Laura...she stopped being relevant some time ago; about the time her TV talkfest failed.