Bledsoe rated most overpaid.....

Bledsoe Number 1

They give him credit for reworking his contract but say it was for survival because the team drafted Losman. I hope he kicks ass this year.

5457[/snapback]

Drew has done well to compile the stats that he has behind this OL.

TD knew DM was not a mobile qb when he traded for him. This is partially why he was willing to use a #4 pick in the first round to select an OT. Unfortunately, he selected one who thus far has done a far better job of eating than blocking, and the eating is to include vital cap dollars.

Drew has limitations, but he is tough and can throw passes that few were ever capable of. With a sane coaching staff, a a running game and good blocking, he will be fine.

The question remains, how many of those 3 necessities does he have?

Unfortunately, he selected one who thus far has done a far better job of eating than blocking, and the eating is to include vital cap dollars.

Here we go again with the personal attacks combined with the lack of understanding. Brown's gone, so we can no longer pick on him for "committing a minimum of two penalties every game" (which was completely false based on the FACTS), so we need to find a new whipping boy on the OL. Since Williams isn't the most dominating OL in the league, let's choose him. Nevermind that he's played above average (including the Titans game, sans the one whiffed block), let's rag on him anyway, despite the fact that the STATS say he's played fairly well.

CW

Here we go again with the personal attacks combined with the lack of understanding. Brown's gone, so we can no longer pick on him for "committing a minimum of two penalties every game" (which was completely false based on the FACTS), so we need to find a new whipping boy on the OL. Since Williams isn't the most dominating OL in the league, let's choose him. Nevermind that he's played above average (including the Titans game, sans the one whiffed block), let's rag on him anyway, despite the fact that the STATS say he's played fairly well.

CW

5493[/snapback]

hey - you have to blame someone, because it sure isn't Drew's fault that the offense can't score TDs. :w00t:

CW

5493[/snapback]

The "eating" comment was meant as sarcasm, not a personal attack.

I would be thrilled if Big Mike was even a very good RT. He would not need to be the most "dominating in the league." Please remember, we are speaking of a Right Tackle being selected with pick #4. Imo all fans, including you, have a right to expect far more production, that's all.

Can't argue with the logic of the article. Sure it wasn't all Drew's fault, but anyone that can't see he was terrible more times then not last season, is in denile. Hears hoping that this season he turns it around. (I think he's looked much improved this preseason)

Can't argue with the logic of the article.  Sure it wasn't all Drew's fault,  but anyone that can't see he was terrible more times then not last season,  is in denile.  Hears hoping that this season he turns it around.  (I think he's looked much improved this preseason)

5544[/snapback]

Would that be denial or "denile" river?? Just kidding.... :w00t:

I don't think you can blame Drew exclusively. It's a collective effort of all the offense and not just one or two particular people.

5500[/snapback]

I really blame KG for all the problems we had on offense. Defenses caught on to what we were doing. Remember, we were successful for a long while until we faded toward the end of 2002. A good OC would have adjusted. He didn't. You can't expect your team to succeed if you don't provide them a system that allows them to be successful.

This article is a wortless piece of crap written by a a geeked-out sportswriter who is clearly jealous of the money he ISN"T making by sitting behind a desk standing in judgement of people who play a sport in which he will never, ever participate beyond the written word.

An article on the most UNDERPAID wasn't going to work, was it....

Would that be denial or "denile" river??  Just kidding.... ;)

5545[/snapback]

hehe, and I spelled hears wrong too. Should be here's. That's what happens when I try to shoot a quick post off at work, and dont proofread it. :devil:

The "eating" comment was meant as sarcasm, not a personal attack.

I would be thrilled if Big Mike was even a very good RT. He would not need to be the most "dominating in the league." Please remember, we are speaking of a Right Tackle being selected with pick #4.  Imo all fans, including you, have a right to expect far more production, that's all.

5499[/snapback]

Why is Mike Williams held to a different standard than Drew Bledsoe? Why does Bledsoe get excuses and Williams gets nothing but blame? We gave up quite a bit for both - each one cost us a first round pick and a big contract.

Why does Bledsoe get "well, it's the coaches, the O-Line, the running game, etc" when Mike Williams gets "[we] have a right to expect far more production"

Your logic doesn't add up, Bill.

Why is Mike Williams held to a different standard than Drew Bledsoe? Why does Bledsoe get excuses and Williams gets nothing but blame?  We gave up quite a bit for both - each one cost us a first round pick and a big contract.

Why does Bledsoe get "well, it's the coaches, the O-Line, the running game, etc" when Mike Williams gets "[we] have a right to expect far more production"

Your logic doesn't add up, Bill.

5678[/snapback]

I think because more factors go into whether Bledsoe has success than whether Williams has success. How many responsibilities does MW have at his position? How many does Drew have? There's the difference.

I think because more factors go into whether Bledsoe has success than whether Williams has success. How many responsibilities does MW have at his position? How many does Drew have? There's the difference.

5681[/snapback]

When it comes to criticizing a lineman, most people just pile on and make a guy like MW a scapegoat. An easy solution, there's not a lot of statistical backup when it comes to OLmen. Add in the fact that more people have quarterbacks as their "binkies" and it's easy to understand why there aren't more MW/Pucillo defenders, while other players tend to have those who will defend their honor to the death.

Not naming any names, though. :devil:

When it comes to criticizing a lineman, most people just pile on and make a guy like MW a scapegoat.  An easy solution, there's not a lot of statistical backup when it comes to OLmen.    Add in the fact that more people have quarterbacks as their "binkies" and it's easy to understand why there aren't more MW/Pucillo defenders, while other players tend to have those who will defend their honor to the death.

Not naming any names, though.  ;)

5759[/snapback]

Don't be getting all insightful on me, man. :devil:

Drew has limitations, but he is tough and can throw passes that few were ever capable of. With a sane coaching staff, a a running game and good blocking, he will be fine.

5467[/snapback]

I checked nfl.com's player stat section to compare some QB's wrt to percentage of completions that went for 40+ yards. Bledsoe (11 yrs) Testaverde (16) and Favre (13) all were 2.2 to 2.5 %.

So I dunno about some having a rep for a long ball or not. But I don't know it their 40 yd catagory means a pass that went over 40 yards in the air or some of them were a 3 yard pass where the reciever gained an additional 37 yards.

Archived