Bledsoe rated most overpaid.....

Guest Guest_the truth_*

Bledsoe lovers must be getting tired of having their hero exposed for the FLOP he really is almost on a daily basis from across the nation.

Bledsoe lovers must really be running out of excuses. "It's not all his fault!" "The OL stinks!" whine whine whine!

Bledsoe lovers unite! The guy is smart enough to milk the maximum dollars out of his contract. I'll give him credit for that. I wonder how Travis Henry feels that Bledsoe makes 10 or 20 times what he makes.

I wonder how much he has earned per touchdown or per victory in his career.

I am guessing he may be one of the most overpaid QB's in NFL history. Other than sacks, he probably leads the league in this category too!

Long live the Bledsoe lovers who live in the Land of Denial.

Cut Bledsoe now.

Bledsoe lovers must be getting tired of having their hero exposed for the FLOP he really is almost on a daily basis from across the nation.

Bledsoe lovers must really be running out of excuses. "It's not all his fault!" "The OL stinks!" whine whine whine! 

Bledsoe lovers unite! The guy is smart enough to milk the maximum dollars out of his contract. I'll give him credit for that. I wonder how Travis Henry feels that Bledsoe makes 10 or 20 times what he makes.

I wonder how much he has earned per touchdown or per victory in his career.

I am guessing he may be one of the most overpaid QB's in NFL history. Other than sacks, he probably leads the league in this category too!

Long live the Bledsoe lovers who live in the Land of Denial.

Cut Bledsoe now.

5850[/snapback]

And despite that, he still single-handedly revived interest in Buffalo Bills football, not just in WNY, but throughout the entire country. How many season tickets did he sell on his own? I'm sure he's more than paid for the contract.

CW

Why is Mike Williams held to a different standard than Drew Bledsoe? Why does Bledsoe get excuses and Williams gets nothing but blame?  We gave up quite a bit for both - each one cost us a first round pick and a big contract.

Why does Bledsoe get "well, it's the coaches, the O-Line, the running game, etc" when Mike Williams gets "[we] have a right to expect far more production"

Your logic doesn't add up, Bill.

5678[/snapback]

because it is clearly not Drew's fault! :devil:

The writer seemed to have little football knowledge as there would be plenty of better examples of players not starting making millions. Another example - listing Kurt Warner is a cheap shot - the guy played for nothing his first couple years when he was worth far more and lost a lot in recent seasons due to injury. Over his career Warner has proabbly earned what he should just in the wrong seasons like most players end up doing. Warner's main problem is that Dick Vermiel left and Martz is clearly not as good of a head coach.

Why is Mike Williams held to a different standard than Drew Bledsoe? Why does Bledsoe get excuses and Williams gets nothing but blame?  We gave up quite a bit for both - each one cost us a first round pick and a big contract.

Why does Bledsoe get "well, it's the coaches, the O-Line, the running game, etc" when Mike Williams gets "[we] have a right to expect far more production"

Your logic doesn't add up, Bill.

5678[/snapback]

1) Drew Bledsoe HAS proven something. He has taken teams to the superbowl. MW has encountered difficulty making it to the ballpark.

2) Drew is a warrior. He stays in shape and gives us an effort. MW came to camp looking like a beached whale, and is young, without excuses.

3) Yes. Drew is immobile. We all know that. This is why MW was selected, and signed for tens of millions of dollars.

4) Very few qbs could have produced with the garbage both on the OL and coaching staff of the Bills. Vick would have won some games. A young Flutie might have liked the chaos.

5) Run blocking is the easy part. the OL knows the snapcount. Pass blocking is the hard part, and Big Mike has not shown that he is agile enough to stop a decent rusher.

It is easy for marginal fans to simply blame the qb. It will never end, because it takes more thinking and research to find that great teams have great lines. That is the one part of football that will never change.

Until he proves otherwise, MW is a bust for #4 selection. The best player on the Bills OL for the last 3 seasons is a player who was drafted in round 3, and was injured for a large portion of his tenure. In CV, the Bills appear to have their first good RG in the last 10 years. They truly need Big Mike to step up and play at a high level, one expected of his draft status and salary.

Tell me, do you think that he will?

Archived