Youboty named nickel corner

JoeF

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, which kinda reinforces my point, right? We have always been successful when we take the best players we can find, regardless of pedigree. This started with Bill Polian taking Bruce Smith and Andre Reed. Don't forget, the majority of experts said we were nuts for taking Smith, and they had no idea who Reed was. We picked up Tasker off of the waiver wire and we traded a lot for Bennett.

These weren't the most popular moves, in fact they were ridiculed, but oh how the "mighty" fell once they hit the field. I see similar thinking being reintroduced the last 3 years, and it's working, again. The biggest thing you get when you take a player from a not-so-big school? Great attitude and lots of hustle right off the bat.

Steve Johnson is setting himself up to be a steal, so is Fine, Corner, Bell, Ellis...the list goes on.

Conjecture

Wright is the flip side.

Don't get me wrong i love Juron for his handling of the players but as far as staff and game management he has a lot to prove.

We need to win 10 games if healthy this year or he needs to be seriously evaluated.

It is funny, to certain degree. The "draft O line/D line even if they are the 10th best guy at their position" crowd isn't happy.

Also, I'm setting the over/under on Youboty starting at CB(taking over for Greer) at 5.5 games, right after the bye week. His talent is really starting to show, and pure talent always overcomes, eventually.

It's been a strange trip: it started with letting Nate Clements go, and it has been rocky all the way here, and we certainly aren't out of the woods yet, but Youboty being Clements replacement is starting to look more and more viable each passing day.

The only preseason game I saw this year was the Dolts game and his interception was a result of pass underthrown by 10 yards. Payton would have eaten him up.

Hopefully he's the real deal but let's see what he can do in prime time before we anoint him.

I love this quote and how Whitner sounds like a true leader in the article.

“I just have a competitive nature,” said Youboty. “Drafting three cornerbacks is a big move by a team so they wanted a shutdown at the corner position and I think it did (help me).”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6501

So it's the depth chart as of right now goes like this?

Greer

McGee

Youboty

Corner

McKelvin

All reports say that Corner has outplayed McKelvin at CB thus far, but would the Bills play him over a first rounder?

It's all about winning! I don't think Ralph gives a :lol: as long as the team keeps winning.

My favorite was that ESPN said Wright was the steal of the draft last year....

Well he did steal money from the Bills.

Well, I dunno. The only guys from less distinguished programs that Marv drafted were John Wendling and Terrance Pennington in my view and both of them were nearer the bottom of the draft. This year, Marv was not (directly) involved and the Bills hit the smaller schools up to the tune of 4 players: McKelvin, Corner, Omon, and Bell. Not sure what sort a trend a single draft is though.

Bruce Smith was certainly not from a small time football program (though there were red flags on his work ethic and maturity -- fortunately his pride didn't permit him to flame out and fail -- not that it was a perfect ride either), and Cornelius Bennett was from as big-time a program as it gets (fortunately for the Bills, they were the recipients of Bennett and his agent deciding to hold out and refusing to play for the Colts). Tasker played college ball at Northwestern, which is still in the Big-11 last I heard.

That trade was a thing of beauty. 3 way trade that rocked! :worthy:

We only have 5 Corners but one of them is named Corner so we could count that as the 6th Corner

Foo! :devil:

ASHTON IS still a little loose. he was also a junior when he came out. so he is right were mccargo is -- both a yr behind. marv knew what he was doing and got very green value from top schools that would develop later on. these guys would have been 1st rounders.

ashton has a knack. in watching hin at camp, he and greer looked very active and athletic. nice balance, playn with sound leverage and smarts. they made james look like terrible and slow. greer also looked bigger and more physcial. i think he will be a special player this season. from rags to riches. lets hope eugene parker doesn't solicit him.

Same height at Greer, lighter than McGee, according to the roster.

Does that factor in neck length?

The only preseason game I saw this year was the Dolts game and his interception was a result of pass underthrown by 10 yards. Payton would have eaten him up.

Hopefully he's the real deal but let's see what he can do in prime time before we anoint him.

Lock him up on Moss all day. 16 chickens for sure.