10 teams who must win week 1

Beerball

It's more for the Confidence of this young team... and, assuming Peters doesn't show up - it shows him that he isn't nearly as important as he thinks he is... If - on the other hand, Walker is an open door on Edwards' blind side, then the season will definately get off to a poor start - and Peters will only entrench himself even more.

Young teams - especially this one which hasn't won as much as it should (for whatever reason - fluke plays, etc), can quickly get down on themselves. No one on this team - other than our SB LB, has experienced nearly enough wins to gain confidence.

So, that makes this first week more important... as everyone knows... to have a winning record in the NFL, you HAVE to win your home games. I predict a win this week... Seattle always has trouble on the road when having to go all the way across the country. This is a "should" win, and to me, for a young team, that makes it a "must" win... for their confidence as much as anything else.

Obviously not a must win, and the author does change up to "Here are 10 such NFL teams that would most benefit from a Week 1 victory:"

I cannot disagree, a week 1 win at home is just what the Dr. ordered.

Sporting News Link

If Buffalo really expects to win 9 or 10 games this year, this probably IS a must win.

I really don't want to drop to 0-2, and considering the week 2 matchup, a whole lot comes down to the opener.

Fear not - I'm going to that game in Jacksonville and have never in my 13 Bills games attended ever seen the Bills lose. Not to worry, the real question is will we be 5-0 going into the bye week?

Fear not - I'm going to that game in Jacksonville and have never in my 13 Bills games attended ever seen the Bills lose. Not to worry, the real question is will we be 5-0 going into the bye week?

I'm also going to that game...and I've NEVER seen the Bills win on the road (unless you count Cincinnati, but thats a home game for me)

Obviously not a must win, and the author does change up to "Here are 10 such NFL teams that would most benefit from a Week 1 victory:"

I cannot disagree, a week 1 win at home is just what the Dr. ordered.

Sporting News Link

Sounds to me like a writer looking to fill some copy a week before the season starts. :devil: I would think that all 32 teams feel that their first game is a must-win! :lol:

If this team cant beat the chithawks in a HOMEopener, with all the injury and suspension problems they bring....then they dont belong in the post season. Not gonna say the season would be over, but they MUST win at home to be contenders.

I'm also going to that game...and I've NEVER seen the Bills win on the road (unless you count Cincinnati, but thats a home game for me)

I've never actually seen the Bills on the road - but that is completely besides the point. I agree with Beer ball you may want to be sick for that one.