Big Time (LAMP) Thread

plenzmd1

Great stuff!

I was in the same boat about six years ago. I smoked like crazy, but I quit when my daughter was born. I gained about 70 pounds after that. I went from a healthy 180 to about 250. On a 5'10" frame, I looked like a real fat ass. I spent about three years like that. The sad thing is that I never noticed how damn bad I had gotten. I just quietly bought bigger pants.

Then I saw the Christmas video!

About two years ago, I started walking. Running was too tough on the knees. Eventually, I dropped enough to start moving my legs without hurting myself. I'm in the habit of running about 5 miles a night now. Sometimes more, sometimes less... it depends on what my body tells me it can do. I did about 5 1/2 this evening. I've got the weight down to about 195 now. I still have a bit to go, but my *goal* is 180 by the end of this year.

We had a TBD weight loss thread about a year or so ago, I don't know what happened to it.... that's about when I started, I kept up with it.

Be glad you replaced the smoke with running. Lots of people (myself included) just replace it with eating, which causes you to balloon right up.

Good job. It's a great feeling to look back and realize how much effort you've put in!!

Thats awesome dude. See, I have a hard time just running for running sakes, so I needed the motivation of training for something.

But man, dropping the speed limit is friggen awesome!! Congrats to you, and ain't it great not smoking??

• 2 weeks later...
Thats awesome dude. See, I have a hard time just running for running sakes, so I needed the motivation of training for something.

But man, dropping the speed limit is friggen awesome!! Congrats to you, and ain't it great not smoking??

<LUMP> I ran the Chicago Half-Marathon this past Sunday in the POURING rain. But I beat my time from last year by 16 mins!

1:53:25

As many here may know, I just recently quit smoking, May the 8th to be exact. I started smoking when I was 23(i know what an idiot) and smoked bout a pack of Red Cowboy killers every day for the next 22 years . To go along with that, bout the only exercise i got in those 22 years was hoisting twelve ounces of liguid to my gullet while sitting on the couch.

Well today I made a half marathon, the Va Beach Rock and Roll. It was hot and humid as a sum B word, but I still made it. My goal was 2:11.00, and i did 2:10.58. LOL That equates to 10 minute miles. I know not fast by any means, but when I started running mid June, I could only do a mile in 14 minutes.

Ahh, the beers will be flowing tonight fellas!! Hope everyone is having a great holiday.

Oh yea, for those who no believe me, here is the link to my splits, I was bib #22369!!

http://www.runraceresults.com/LiveElite/Default.aspx

I normally try to avoid these "Look at me, I'm really cool, someone give me a blowjob" threads...

...but honestly, that is really cool.

• 1 month later...
That is fukking OUTSTANDING. Set a new goal now and keep working.
Meh, call me when it's a full marathon.

Mr Rubes, I am calling you now!!! Just finished the Richmond FULL Marathon . Now, I have been sick this week and was really contemplating bagging it, but did it anyway, albeit very SLOW. But, it was friggen hot here today, so just glad i finished, but was well over 5 hrs.

So yes another look at me post, but WTH, just laying here on the couch trying to recover

Mr Rubes, I am calling you now!!! Just finished the Richmond FULL Marathon . Now, I have been sick this week and was really contemplating bagging it, but did it anyway, albeit very SLOW. But, it was friggen hot here today, so just glad i finished, but was well over 5 hrs.

So yes another look at me post, but WTH, just laying here on the couch trying to recover

<_<

way to go man...i was out there as a spectator cheering on friends that ran either the half, 8k or full....someday....who knows, maybe i will get my fat ass in shape