Clemson - the best the of the ACC

Cynical

Just watched Bama pound the snot out of Clemson.

Either Bama is that good, or the ACC is that bad ...

I was expecting Alabama to be better this year, given Saban's impact. I always expect the ACC to be crap. It will take a few weeks to figure out the scale.

Is this finally the return to greatness for the Crimson Tide?

A little early to say for this year, but there is no reason to think they aren't on the right track. Saban is a more than competent coach, and an awesome recruiter (as much as I hate him). It's only a matter of time.

On the other hand, I thought the same thing about SC and Spurrier, but they can't seem to make the jump, so who knows.

ACC had a disgusting showing on opening weekend.

Va Tech went down to Eastern Carolina...Clemson was non-competitive...Virginia didn't belong on the same field as USC...Maryland only beat Delaware 14-7....NC State got rolled 34-0 by South Carolina...UNC squeaked by McNeese State 35-27...

The signature win was Wake Forest holding serve 41-13 against Baylor...

Not pretty....

ACC had a disgusting showing on opening weekend.

Va Tech went down to Eastern Carolina...Clemson was non-competitive...Virginia didn't belong on the same field as USC...Maryland only beat Delaware 14-7....NC State got rolled 34-0 by South Carolina...UNC squeaked by McNeese State 35-27...

The signature win was Wake Forest holding serve 41-13 against Baylor...

Not pretty....

Hey hey hey..... BC 21 Kent St. 0. At Kent St. C'mon, it's a start.

Clemson = always a tease. No surprise they crapped the bed against 'Bama.

When it comes time to save Tommy Bowden's job they play like their hair is on fire, but the rest of the time it's inconsistent, mistake-filled football guided by coaches who seem overmatched and make strange calls.

Clemson = always a tease. No surprise they crapped the bed against 'Bama.

When it comes time to save Tommy Bowden's job they play like their hair is on fire, but the rest of the time it's inconsistent, mistake-filled football guided by coaches who seem overmatched and make strange calls.

Agreed. I've been saying for a month now that Clemson will be their usual 8-4 self again this season. They're always a tease, and this season they were extremely overhyped. They either start 7-1 and finish 8-4, or stumble out of the gate 1-3 and end up 8-4, prolonging Tommy's inevitable departure. No one has done less with more talent than him. I've got a feeling that he'll be joining pops before too long...in the broadcast booth.

As for the ACC, its all cyclical. The ACC is in a down turn right now, but we'll get out of it. FSU will be back on the national stage before too long, and i expect Miami to be back up again near the top as well in the not too distant future. VT got embarrassed, but thye'll be strong as usual. And in all seriousness, dont count out UNC. The tar heels have been a laughing stock team for a long time, but I think Butch Davis will do some real good things with that program. I dont see them contending for a national title anytime soon, but they will be surprisingly good before too long. It wouldnt shock me at all to see them go to a bowl this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.