UB Bulls are not alone in the MAC

ans4e64

Temple blew away Army 35-7. All the teams in the MAC are improving by the minute, should be a good conference to watch this year. I think a couple other MAC teams in the west blew out some teams as well.

Maintain perspective. They beat Army.

PTR

Temple blew away Army 35-7. All the teams in the MAC are improving by the minute, should be a good conference to watch this year. I think a couple other MAC teams in the west blew out some teams as well.

The MAC is actually going to be down this year. Usual tough teams like Toledo, Akron & N Illinois(they stunk last year too) are in full rebuilding jobs. That is why I really think UB has a decent chance to play for the MAC championship. Central Michigan is going to be pretty good & so is Bowling Green.

The MAC is actually going to be down this year. Usual tough teams like Toledo, Akron & N Illinois(they stunk last year too) are in full rebuilding jobs. That is why I really think UB has a decent chance to play for the MAC championship. Central Michigan is going to be pretty good & so is Bowling Green.

This post is dead wrong. The MAC is actually it's strongest since Big Ben played at Miami. The two clear cut dominant teams are actually Central Michigan and Ball State. Central Michigan has one of the best college football players in the country in Dan LeFevour. Ball State has one of, if not the best pro QB prospect in the country in Nate Davis. BSU also has one of the best WR's and a possible first round NFL TE too.

Then, in the second tier you have teams like UB, BG, and Ohio.

Teams like Toledo, Akron, and Northern Illinois aren't staples in the MAC like Michigan, OSU and Penn State are in the Big Ten. The top teams in the MAC always flucuate. This year, though, looks to be one that is very promising for the MAC. You should see bowl wins from the conference easily.

Question is......and it's not too far fetched.....is can Ball State actually crash the BCS party. The only problem is that they play at Central Michigan. One could also think CMU could maybe crash the BCS party, but I think they have a MAJOR D-1 opponent, were Ball State is playing teams they can handle like Navy, Indiana, etc). BSU has a favorable schedule and great talent to actually do it. Or at least become a media darling for forcing the BCS hand.

Last year was a down year in the MAC. This year, the MAC is very good.

This post is dead wrong. The MAC is actually it's strongest since Big Ben played at Miami. The two clear cut dominant teams are actually Central Michigan and Ball State. Central Michigan has one of the best college football players in the country in Dan LeFevour. Ball State has one of, if not the best pro QB prospect in the country in Nate Davis. BSU also has one of the best WR's and a possible first round NFL TE too.

Then, in the second tier you have teams like UB, BG, and Ohio.

Teams like Toledo, Akron, and Northern Illinois aren't staples in the MAC like Michigan, OSU and Penn State are in the Big Ten. The top teams in the MAC always flucuate. This year, though, looks to be one that is very promising for the MAC. You should see bowl wins from the conference easily.

Question is......and it's not too far fetched.....is can Ball State actually crash the BCS party. The only problem is that they play at Central Michigan. One could also think CMU could maybe crash the BCS party, but I think they have a MAJOR D-1 opponent, were Ball State is playing teams they can handle like Navy, Indiana, etc). BSU has a favorable schedule and great talent to actually do it. Or at least become a media darling for forcing the BCS hand.

Last year was a down year in the MAC. This year, the MAC is very good.

You are correct. Central Michigan plays Georgia next week. The Dawgs had better not take CMU lightly even though the game is in Athens. Having said that, the Chippewas will have their hands full.