Sarah Palin

My wife is a Hilltard as you call it, and was undecided but leaning towards McCain. This solidified it.

My wife is pro choice (and passionate about it), but the fact that Palin knew she was having a child with Down Syndrome and went through with the pregnancy hit home with her and said will with other woman as well, even if she is pro-life.

Whole different ball game when a woman is pro-life as opposed to a man.

Not having an abortion qualifies her for VP? Joe Biden lost his wife and child in an accident, how does that rank on the emotion scale?

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wipes Obama's speech right off the top story. Not a single paper or show will have the convention as top story.

Everyone will tune in to see her speak at the RNC.

Today's Buffalo News front page leads off with Obama's historic speech. There goes that theory.

Additionally when Gustav hits America-particularly if it strikes near NOLA-the so called buzz invented by conservatives regarding Palin (nobody else really cares or is excited) will be blown right off the map. That's the nature of news cycles nowadays.

Watch her speak? I think my sock drawer might need rearranging at that time. But when she does speak I wonder if she'll talk about her recent ethics investigation.

It looks like a clear pander to the Hillary holdouts. Obama passed the first major decision he had to make, I don't think McCain has.

Unlike Obama, who would never pander to get the Hillary holdouts behind him!

As for his choice, wasn't it a clear pander to get foreign policy voters? And perhaps not a very good one, considering that he opposed the first gulf war, but was a forcefull adocate of the second...

Unlike Obama, who would never pander to get the Hillary holdouts behind him!

As for his choice, wasn't it a clear pander to get foreign policy voters? And perhaps not a very good one, considering that he opposed the first gulf war, but was a forcefull adocate of the second...

If Obama wanted to pander to Hillary holdouts, he would have picked Hillary. Biden is more than a foreign policy expert, there aren't many other Democrats who are better qualified to be VP and a key advisor to the president. You can't say the same about Palin compared to other Republicans.

She's got 2 years of executive experience.

Obama has 2 years of legislative experience, but actually a lot less than that since he's been running for president the entire time. So she's actually got more high level experience.

Don't any of you people take a fleeting glance at facts prior to posting? Obama has over 12 years of legislative experience as a state legislator and a Senator of Illinois. High level experience? Are you serious?

Absolutely! I am all for unusual names, or ones that are not the average everyday ones. But Willow? Track? "Piper Palin?" I think Malia and Sasha are pretty cool names.

Malia has both Kenyan and Hawiian origins. It's a form of Maria.

Sasha is a fairly common name.

Bristol sounds like a Petrol product.

Willow I can live with.

Piper, Track and Trig all sound like rusted fragments of machinery left scattered about an abandoned foundary!

Absolutely! I am all for unusual names, or ones that are not the average everyday ones. But Willow? Track? "Piper Palin?" I think Malia and Sasha are pretty cool names.

Sounds very hypocritical of you. Of course I have come to expect nothing less.

Malia has both Kenyan and Hawiian origins. It's a form of Maria.

Sasha is a fairly common name.

Bristol sounds like a Petrol product.

Willow I can live with.

Piper, Track and Trig all sound like rusted fragments of machinery left scattered about an abandoned foundary!

I do appreciate the fact that Sarah Palin calls herself, "A Hockey Mom". I think that's pretty awesome.

Sounds very hypocritical of you. Of course I have come to expect nothing less.

It's hypocritical to say I like some non-traditional names and not others? Barack, I think, is a pretty lousy name, regardless of its origins. There are good names and bad ones. I think Bristol, Willow, Piper, Track and Trig are bad ones.

It's hypocritical to say I like some non-traditional names and not others? Barack, I think, is a pretty lousy name, regardless of its origins. There are good names and bad ones. I think Bristol, Willow, Piper, Track and Trig are bad ones.

When you state it like this it is:

I have real problems with Mrs. Palin's judgment. Seriously. She named her five kids

Liking the names or not is one thing. But it is hypocritical to judge someone based on their taste in names, just because you don't like the names.

After serving in the Illinois House of Representatives, he only had one term in Congress. Barack Obama? No, Abraham Lincoln.

I have real problems with Mrs. Palin's judgment. Seriously. She named her five kids "Bristol, Willow, Piper, Track and Trig".

Bristol and Track, obviously a pander to the NASCAR voters. Willow and Piper, a pander to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer youth vote. Trig, either a pander to gun owners, mathematicians, or Roy Roger fans.

Today's Buffalo News front page leads off with Obama's historic speech. There goes that theory.

Additionally when Gustav hits America-particularly if it strikes near NOLA-the so called buzz invented by conservatives regarding Palin (nobody else really cares or is excited) will be blown right off the map. That's the nature of news cycles nowadays.

Watch her speak? I think my sock drawer might need rearranging at that time. But when she does speak I wonder if she'll talk about her recent ethics investigation.

Seems to have gotten your attention, didn't it?

I have real problems with Mrs. Palin's judgment. Seriously. She named her five kids "Bristol, Willow, Piper, Track and Trig".

So she likes ESPN, dwarfs, women dancing on bars, running and math. She's got my vote... :thumbsup: