Does Lee Evans get extended this year

billybob

I think Evans gets extended by next week. He's played well in the preseason and seems to be ready to have a big season. It'd be foolish to let him play this year and be a top 10 receiver (which he's capable of) and then have to resign him in the offseason. We can probably all predict how that will go :thumbsup:

Simple question, does Lee Evans get extended this year or does he hit free agency - do you have a prediction

I am hopeful he will be extended, but am a little concerned that it has taken this long. LE was interviewed a couple weeks ago and said they were close, but I haven't heard a thing since. I have confidence in Russ and the boys and believe they will work out a deal to satisfy both parties...

I am hopeful he will be extended, but am a little concerned that it has taken this long. LE was interviewed a couple weeks ago and said they were close, but I haven't heard a thing since. I have confidence in Russ and the boys and believe they will work out a deal to satisfy both parties...

Can someone shed some light as to why this process takes any time at all?

How does $X sound?

Please go higher.

$Y?

Higher.

$Y.5?

We're getting there.

$Y.5 + incentives?

Closer.

$Y.5 + incentives + direct TV and cell phone plan?

Deal.

All joking aside, seriously what is the "work" that needs to be done which make for a long process?

What do you think is the hold up? They have had 8 months. I wonder if maybe Evans doesn't want an extension and prefers to hit the market. He was the very definition of a frustrated player last year. It was not exactly his best year so he may be bargaining from a position of weakness. It might be better for him to test the market in February-March of 2009.

Could be issues withe CBA that will expire in a couple of years. Players will need 6 years to become an UFA if a new agreement is not reached. The hold up could be the length of the contract and the guaranteed money.

What do you think is the hold up? They have had 8 months. I wonder if maybe Evans doesn't want an extension and prefers to hit the market. He was the very definition of a frustrated player last year. It was not exactly his best year so he may be bargaining from a position of weakness. It might be better for him to test the market in February-March of 2009.

My guess would be the signing bonus, upfront, or guarenteed money, whatever you want to call it. If you're LE's you can ask for top dollar, knowing that if you don't get it this year it will be there next year, but most likely from another team. It's very risky though...

I think Evans gets extended by next week. He's played well in the preseason and seems to be ready to have a big season. It'd be foolish to let him play this year and be a top 10 receiver (which he's capable of) and then have to resign him in the offseason. We can probably all predict how that will go :lol:

I hope they don't resign him. I'd prefer they re-sign him. :thumbsup:

Can someone shed some light as to why this process takes any time at all?

How does $X sound?

Please go higher.

$Y?

Higher.

$Y.5?

We're getting there.

$Y.5 + incentives?

Closer.

$Y.5 + incentives + direct TV and cell phone plan?

Deal.

All joking aside, seriously what is the "work" that needs to be done which make for a long process?

The stuff mentioned above and the length of the contract also.

My guess to why it's not done is Evans thinks he's the 2006 Lee Evans and the 2007 down turn was the result of QB growing pains and a crap OC- the Bills think stats are stats and maybe Evans isn't gonna be anything special in a ball control offense.