Edwards and Losman -- feels good to have both

I got to tell ya, I feel darn good having JP as our backup. This guy has seen live action and is prepared under this system to manage the game nicely. We all know his weaknesses -- but all in all, for a backup, he is a nice option now that Trent is dinged up.

Another strong move by Brandon to keep these guys - -especially with Edwards "glass jaw."

JP can move the offense -- allbeit -- he may make some mistakes. regardless, if we had Nail or Van Pelt or some other scrub --- I would be down on the QB depth. Feels GOOD!

I don't disagree...I'd feel pretty comfortable with JP coming into a game and trying to win it...He's had some success with that in the past, namely replacing Holcomb against the Chiefs and Edwards against the Jets...It's not the worst thing in the world to have that cannon arm on the bench.

However, if the Bills were 5-3, and Edwards went down and JP had to start for 4-6 weeks, I'm not sure I'd be too excited about their playoff chances...The dude has just never shown the ability to read good defenses and make solid decisions.

The "glass jaw" comment probably stemmed from the fact that Edwards has been injured for five consecutive football seasons...

Meh, he got lucky against the Jets last year. That ball to Evans could just as easily been picked off.

Losman's reluctance to bail on a dead play smacks of Rob Johnson. Edwards is still a relative unknown. By the end of the year the coaches and FO will know what they have with him and then move from there.

I like Trent, and hope he can stay healthy. Its hard to find an iron man like Brett Farve, but Trent has been injured alot.

At Stanford, Edwards sat out his freshman year in 2002, and began 2003 behind starter Chris Lewis. After an impressive showing as a back up, Edwards got the start for four games, but was then sidelined with a shoulder INJURY for the rest of the season. In 2004, Edwards was the starter, but again suffered iINJURIES that knocked him out of two games and kept him out of two others entirely. Edwards' best year was 2005, where he started all 11 games, completed 168 of 268 passes for 1934 yards and 17 touchdowns, leading the Cardinal to a 5-6 record. In 2006, Edwards was the starter for the first seven games, but suffered a season-ending BROKEN FOOT against Arizona and relinquished the starting role to T. C. Ostrander.

Last season, Trent was injured again. This season, he has added about 15-20 pounds of muscle. He is 6-4 -- but sooo skinny. Tom Brady was skinny his 1st year too , and has bulked up to a pretty big dude. Edwards manages the game. he uses his weapons and will not force balls into high traffic areas. he also has good food work and pocket pressense. JP has a better arm -- but lacks what Edwards has in patience and calmness.

His injuries at Standford we mostly the result of a terrible team (specifically, O-Line) around him. He was killed on almost every play. Go back and watch some tape.

Stop bringing facts into the discussion. :w00t: It's easier for the haters to just say he is injury prone. :thumbsup:

Stop bringing facts into the discussion. :w00t: It's easier for the haters to just say he is injury prone. :bag:

:lol: Good one! Of course, the other 'haters' would say that JP's shaky performances are all his own fault, and had nothing to do with the Bills' schitty O-line. Some would even argue that Trent's thigh bruise was an unfortunate happenstance, but Troy Vincent's breaking JP's leg makes Losman 'injury-prone'.

Funny how they'd like to have it both ways, no? ;)

19 & 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :nana:

They both have had injuries and they both have had bad O lines. I hope they do better this year.

The line being together for a year and a blocking FB (although I think Barnes could be a surprise cut) should make them better (assuming Peters makes it back). They have looked ok so far. I think Walker, Doughtry and Fowler (I know poeple love to hate him but.....) are solid and have been impressive so far, we will know how they are doing by week four.

I do think the good thing about Peters HO is that the back ups got lots of work and the starters got some practice in other spots (which if Peters or someone else gets hurt they will need).

I look forward to seeing JP hope he can do well, I think it is a good oppertunity for him to raise his value. I am curious who will be the thrid and who is kept on the PS this year.

They both have had injuries and they both have had bad O lines. I hope they do better this year.

The line being together for a year and a blocking FB (although I think Barnes could be a surprise cut) should make them better (assuming Peters makes it back). They have looked ok so far. I think Walker, Doughtry and Fowler (I know poeple love to hate him but.....) are solid and have been impressive so far, we will know how they are doing by week four.

I do think the good thing about Peters HO is that the back ups got lots of work and the starters got some practice in other spots (which if Peters or someone else gets hurt they will need).

I look forward to seeing JP hope he can do well, I think it is a good oppertunity for him to raise his value. I am curious who will be the thrid and who is kept on the PS this year.

Based on what?

I got to tell ya, I feel darn good having JP as our backup. This guy has seen live action and is prepared under this system to manage the game nicely. We all know his weaknesses -- but all in all, for a backup, he is a nice option now that Trent is dinged up.

Another strong move by Brandon to keep these guys - -especially with Edwards "glass jaw."

JP can move the offense -- allbeit -- he may make some mistakes. regardless, if we had Nail or Van Pelt or some other scrub --- I would be down on the QB depth. Feels GOOD!

why Losman sucks

Based on what?

actually I want him around (I think we can use a traditional FB in the winter in Buffalo with a strong running game) and his special teams work is great. It was just the first game and a half I felt he was getting beat on blocks. That being said I don't really know why I said it? Oopps

Meh, he got lucky against the Jets last year. That ball to Evans could just as easily been picked off.

Losman's reluctance to bail on a dead play smacks of Rob Johnson. Edwards is still a relative unknown. By the end of the year the coaches and FO will know what they have with him and then move from there.

I thought the Indy game was one of his best as a pro. He looked more decisive that I've ever seen. As far as your point about that pass.....What if Joe Montana's pass in the Superbowl against Cincy got picked- the winning TD never would have happened. And no, I am not comparing Losman to Montana, just the two plays.

I am comfortable with our QB situation, wish I could say the same about the line

Are you trying to say Favre never got hit? Some QB's can take a hit others can't. Thats a fact.

No one can question Favre's toughness, but him staying healthy his entire career has more to do with chance than it does with his toughness.

Are you trying to say Favre never got hit? Some QB's can take a hit others can't. Thats a fact.

Actually, some can TAKE a hit and bounce back better than others. Every QB has a breaking point and thats a fact. Just ask pretty boy Tom.