JP...cough...Losman

otisly00

My bad. You're right.

I replayed that play over and over because I wanted to be sure. There was no end-zone shot but Huggins and JP were in the TV frame at the same time. Huggins was facing JP when JP pump-faked. Now there was a Steeler rusher closing in on him. I can't say if that rusher was close enough to block the pass if JP had thrown it. I say he could have made it. I don't think JP comprehends the field fast enough to make a split-second decision like that.

PTR

Look at it in real time with a stopwatch. I find it implausible that Felton had the time to run his pattern and turn around BEFORE Losman got hit.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why do you care, if you know any interview he gives will essentially be company line quotes? That makes somebody professional???

Losman never once dodged the media after a poor performance. He stood there after some of his worst games, and answered difficult questions until the reporters didn't have any more to ask. Now he's not the starter.

But here, since you seem to have missed his compelling statements, here's the vault of the missing JP Losman summer '08 interviews:

"I'm preparing as if I'll be the starter."

"You're only one play away in this league."

"Trent and I are close and I hope he does well."

"I have to accept the coach's decision and try to improve."

Feel better?

I'd rather have him state the party line instead of pouting throughout training camp because he was demoted. I realize how difficult it is for him making 7 figures and not being able to come to grips with the fact that he had his shot and blew it. :unsure:

Does he pout during film sessions also? :(

I'd rather have him state the party line instead of pouting throughout training camp because he was demoted. I realize how difficult it is for him making 7 figures and not being able to come to grips with the fact that he had his shot and blew it. :unsure:

Marshawn Lynch hasn't said a word either. Is he not a professional, and is he pouting?

So being a "professional" is always lying, always saying things you don't believe, and always sucking up and playing nice to people who berated you on a daily basis last year, and now are asking questions like, "How do you feel being demoted?", "What's it like to go from starter to back-up?", "Are you requesting a trade?", "Do you want out of Buffalo as soon as you can?", "Do you feel the coaches screwed you over?"

Oh my...such tough questions to deal with while being paid $$$. Poor JP, what's a man to do. :unsure:

I didn't say he had to speak his mind. If he can't differentiate between what he should and shouldn't say, he is even less of a professional than what I believe.

My definition of professional is how one acts with his customers and coworkers.

In JP Losman's case it's accept his job as a backup, be a good teammate, not cause a stir in the locker room and be ready to play on a moment's notice.

Sounds like he's being a class 1 pro in that regard. Talking to the media is not a part of his job.

Marshawn Lynch hasn't said a word either. Is he not a professional, and is he pouting?

No, actually he is a douche bag for driving off from a hit and run who then tried to explain it away(via his attorney) several weeks later that he didn't even know he hit anyone.

Losman seems somewhat snakebit, at least on this board. I have always thought he was pretty good and getting better, but I have to conclude that TE has more upside and consequently I suspect JP will move on to some other team. I don't see him as a career backup. If, God Forbid, he has to take over I think we're in far better shape than most teams would be under those circumstances and I'm glad to have him. He certainly has handled himself well and knows that his performance will be carefully watched by other teams that might have an interest in him.

Look at it in real time with a stopwatch. I find it implausible that Felton had the time to run his pattern and turn around BEFORE Losman got hit.

The video doesn't lie. my friend. Huggins was looking right at JP with his arms open in that "get me the ball" position while JP was pumping instead of throwing. He had time.

PTR

The video doesn't lie. my friend. Huggins was looking right at JP with his arms open in that "get me the ball" position while JP was pumping instead of throwing. He had time.

PTR

I will review the replay later, as I recall Huggins waving his arms as Losman was going down. The pump, (which was actually a half way stutter step) occurred on the backpedal. Then Losman had to quickly step up as Preston was blown off the line into his way.

Oh my...such tough questions to deal with while being paid $$$. Poor JP, what's a man to do. :unsure:

I know some people will not understand or accept this, but the plain truth of the matter is that for most people, money doesn't buy happiness. I'd be willing to bet he'd probably jump at the chance to make less money if he could be the starter.

I can't expect some people to understand that because there is the prevailing wisdom by many that simply earning seven figures is all that is ever needed to be happy, and that couldn't be farther from the truth.

No, actually he is a douche bag for driving off from a hit and run who then tried to explain it away(via his attorney) several weeks later that he didn't even know he hit anyone.

Wow bro, you are quite the clown...

You are certain Lynch KNOWS he hit the girl even though he tells the media he didn't know he hit her...

And you are certain Losman is pouting and acting unprofessionally because he won't talk to the media....

Sounds like somebody is going to believe whatever they want, no matter what anybody says...Good for you...

My definition of professional is how one acts with his customers and coworkers.

In JP Losman's case it's accept his job as a backup, be a good teammate, not cause a stir in the locker room and be ready to play on a moment's notice.

Sounds like he's being a class 1 pro in that regard. Talking to the media is not a part of his job.

100% agreed. LaBattBlue doesn't like Losman, okay, we get it.

What JP has been doing throughout camp and in his recent interviews is far from pouting. In fact, he states that it is on his shoulders, and does not blame TE for where he is at this point. He's been nothing but professional throughout this off-season IMO. If you really wanna start talking about players "pouting", look no further than our Left Tackle.

I didn't say he had to speak his mind. If he can't differentiate between what he should and shouldn't say, he is even less of a professional than what I believe.

Please. Hardly a day goes by that an athlete or coach doesn't say something they have to apologize for or retract soon thereafter. Losman had two choices this offseason: A) Stay silent, or B) Speak to the press and spout the cliches over and over again and hope some "journalist" like Jerry Sullivan doesn't eventually say something that pisses Losman off enough that he finally says something emotional (i.e. stupid) which immediately earns him the "immature" label with the press and with the fans, and worst of all, possibly the coaches or his teammates.

Losman is the back up quarterback and thus is under no obligation to be the "face of the team" as he previously was while he was the starter. Given that, and weighing the risk versus reward, why in the world would Losman choose option B? To appease a few overly critical fans? That seems to be the only benefit, as even the overly sensitive Buffalo media doesn't appear to be holding Losman's "slight" against him. The prudent, and professional thing to do in this situation was to go about his business and keep his mouth shut. I find it incredible that you disagree.

Last night at training camp, the Bills offense tried a screen pass to Marshawn Lynch out of the backfield. Ryan Denney read the play and was unblocked and Trent Edwards basically threw a soft pass right to him. I'm sure the minute Edwards let go of that ball he wished he hadn't. Had he done that in a game he would've felt really stupid. Nobody in the crowd said a word.

Later, Losman is in the game and neatly side steps an unblocked blitzer and heaves a long pass to the left pylon of the endzone. The pass sails out of play with no one within 10 yards of it. Anyone with eyes could see the intended receiver, Felton Huggins, and the DB covering him, Reggie Corner, get tangled up and go down in a heap together at the 15 yard line. Yet, a chorus of boos rained down from the stands and several derogatory remarks were yelled Losman's way because of the pass.

The point of my story is that there are clearly plenty of fans who are just looking for something to criticize Losman about that they wouldn't criticize if it were from someone they liked or were indifferent to. In my example, these people were willing to overlook obvious evidence contradicting their criticism.

This seems like one of those cases, too.

Losman is the back up quarterback and thus is under no obligation to be the "face of the team" as he previously was while he was the starter. Given that, and weighing the risk versus reward, why in the world would Losman choose option B? To appease a few overly critical fans? That seems to be the only benefit, as even the overly sensitive Buffalo media doesn't appear to be holding Losman's "slight" against him. The prudent, and professional thing to do in this situation was to go about his business and keep his mouth shut. I find it incredible that you disagree.

He needs to speak directly to LabattBlue, so that LabattBlue can then either disregard or decipher what he says into whatever fits his agenda that day. It's all about being professional...Fans and media demand it because we ALWAYS act professionally and humanely when dealing with athletes.