Is McCain as shallow as George W. Bush?

He wasn't referring to Bush attending the opening ceremony of the Olympics you moron, he was referring to the fact that Bush was vacationing in Crawford!. There's nothing to worry about though, Bush is terrific at handling crises while on vacation. Just look at how well he handled the August 6th 2001 PDB...actually forget that example...what about his response to Hurricane Katr......ummmmm...hmmmmm...maybe we should be worried!

Vacationing in Crawford? Have you ever been to Crawford?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please admit you were wrong? You know that the Russia/Georgia crisis was still going on when Bush left for Crawford and has continued to today, right? Considering this and the fact that the new US/Poland missile defense deal has Russia threatening to go nuclear on Poland makes Bush look like a slacker for deciding to go clear brush with Barney on the ranch.

But you said he went on vacation "when Russia invaded Georgia". Last I checked, there was a cease fire and Russia was supposed to be pulling out...I believe that agreement was reached three days ago. Of course, you could argue that the Russians aren't honoring the cease-fire (which they aren't), but fortunately Bush's current foreign policy has managed to get NATO aligned as a block against the Russian invasion, due in no small part to the deal with Poland (which you still have absolutely no understanding of).

So Bush is being irresponsible for going on vacation AFTER the cease-fire was signed and he exercised an effective foreign policy in building a European coalition against the Russian invasion? :unsure:

You still don't have much of a clue, do you Molson?

And now we've come to a full circle. I could have sworn that a criticism a year ago was that Bush was a unilateralist and that he needed to work with European allies to get things accomplished. Now when Zarko & Merkel actually do something, it's Bush Bad for not doing something faster.

It's kind of comical.

And now we've come to a full circle. I could have sworn that a criticism a year ago was that Bush was a unilateralist and that he needed to work with European allies to get things accomplished. Now when Zarko & Merkel actually do something, it's Bush Bad for not doing something faster.

It's kind of comical.

Perfectly understandable, though. As much of a personality cult surrounds Obama, just as much is Bush demonized. I know of very few people who can be bothered to take an objective look at current White House policies without filitering it through the a priori assumption of "Bush Bad"...and that is in no small part to their early "with us or against us" policies.

JK2000 is on a different level, though. He completely misunderstands issues well before they even reach his raving lunatic filtering process. If I had the time to properly argue with him, it would probably end up as amusing as discussing math with Holcomb's Arm or the "Jew media" with...whoever that idiot was.

If I had the time to properly argue with him, it would probably end up as amusing as discussing math with Holcomb's Arm or the "Jew media" with...whoever that idiot was.

Mel Gibson?

It's kind of comical.

BDS does turn one's mind to swiss cheese, but it is amusing to watch someone go through it. :unsure:

But you said he went on vacation "when Russia invaded Georgia".

But you said Russia invaded Georgia and Bush went to the Olympics? Just admit that was a lame knee-jerk reaction of yours.

Last I checked, there was a cease fire and Russia was supposed to be pulling out...I believe that agreement was reached three days ago. Of course, you could argue that the Russians aren't honoring the cease-fire (which they aren't)

Sounds like the crisis is still going on then, right?

but fortunately Bush's current foreign policy has managed to get NATO aligned as a block against the Russian invasion, due in no small part to the deal with Poland (which you still have absolutely no understanding of).

So Bush is being irresponsible for going on vacation AFTER the cease-fire was signed and he exercised an effective foreign policy in building a European coalition against the Russian invasion? :unsure:

Didn't Sarkozy negotiate the cease-fire? The only negotiating Bush did with Putin was when he was yucking it up with him at the Olympics. Why doesn't Bush "look into Putin's soul" again and solve this mess? You also fail to mention the effect Bush's foreign policy had on emboldening the Georgians into starting this conflict.

JK2000 is on a different level, though. He completely misunderstands issues well before they even reach his raving lunatic filtering process. If I had the time to properly argue with him, it would probably end up as amusing as discussing math with Holcomb's Arm or the "Jew media" with...whoever that idiot was.

You mean like defending Bush for attending the Olympics when he really went to Crawford?

But you said Russia invaded Georgia and Bush went to the Olympics? Just admit that was a lame knee-jerk reaction of yours.

Sounds like the crisis is still going on then, right?

Didn't Sarkozy negotiate the cease-fire? The only negotiating Bush did with Putin was when he was yucking it up with him at the Olympics. Why doesn't Bush "look into Putin's soul" again and solve this mess? You also fail to mention the effect Bush's foreign policy had on emboldening the Georgians into starting this conflict.

You mean like defending Bush for attending the Olympics when he really went to Crawford?

:unsure:

Russia invaded Georgia on the 7th. Where was Bush?

Are you really too dense to understand that this crisis isn't just a one day event?

The cease-fire is a crisis? So it was okay that he was out of the country for the actual war...but now that the shooting's stopped and the Russians are withdrawing (albiet slowly) and he's in the country, he's irresponsible?

Why don't you take your idiocy a step further and posit that the Russians invaded Georgia because they new Bush would be on vacation in August and not do anything about it? Because foreign policy grinds obviously to a complete halt when the president is out of the White House.

I'd like to interrupt this thread to thank Pasta Joe for getting rid of that re-diculous avatar.

I don't even remember the old one, but the new one is awesome! :wallbash:

p.s. good to see you are as dumb as ever JK. Hard to believe the entire US gov't hasn't been sequestered in Washington over this global crisis, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Name me a time when there isn't a crisis in the world someplace. So you're saying the POTUS should never leave the White House or take a "vaction". BTW I just came back from a vacation. Checked in (via phone and email) at least three times a day. This is one of the stupidest arguements that never seems to go away.

I don't even remember the old one, but the new one is awesome! :wallbash:

p.s. good to see you are as dumb as ever JK. Hard to believe the entire US gov't hasn't been sequestered in Washington over this global crisis, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Congress is on vacation right now. How come that's not an issue? It's okay for Saint Nancy to take off during a "crisis"?

There was a hell of a lot written about Georgia, not only from the media, but political pundits, analysts, former politicians and world leaders, etc.

I don't think I read a single one (except Gorbachev's) that didn't blast Bush for not taking a leadership role - whether that was his stupid statements, or his choice to go to/stay at the olympics, crawford, or whatever. It was universally brutal criticism, some of the worst in recent memory.

Whether he should be supporting a major trading partner or America's premier athletes, take time off, working from home (crawford), there's so much he could have done and said differently.

How you all can justify his actions and response during a major world crisis is baffling.

Does Georgia matter to the USA, other than the pipeline, probably not... Is Russia invading a former territory with a signature of past nightmares pretty GD scary? Hell Yeah.

There was a hell of a lot written about Georgia, not only from the media, but political pundits, analysts, former politicians and world leaders, etc.

I don't think I read a single one (except Gorbachev's) that didn't blast Bush for not taking a leadership role - whether that was his stupid statements, or his choice to go to/stay at the olympics, crawford, or whatever. It was universally brutal criticism, some of the worst in recent memory.

Whether he should be supporting a major trading partner or America's premier athletes, take time off, working from home (crawford), there's so much he could have done and said differently.

How you all can justify his actions and response during a major world crisis is baffling.

Does Georgia matter to the USA, other than the pipeline, probably not... Is Russia invading a former territory with a signature of past nightmares pretty GD scary? Hell Yeah.

What, in your opinion, was Bush going to do about any of this?

What, in your opinion, was Bush going to do about any of this?

IMO, he should have immediately cut short his stay in China, flown to Europe or Washington, taken a leadership role in pulling together NATO, and/or other G7 and EU leaders about a response, and made much stronger statements about Russia publicly at the very least.

IMO, he should have immediately cut short his stay in China, flown to Europe or Washington, taken a leadership role in pulling together NATO, and/or other G7 and EU leaders about a response, and made much stronger statements about Russia publicly at the very least.

So you're saying they don't have phones, faxes, emails, video conferencing in China? I see your point. :rolleyes:

So you're saying they don't have phones, faxes, emails, video conferencing in China? I see your point. :rolleyes:

Of course he was in communication with his administration and probably others. That's not the same as acting like and looking like a world leader by taking control of the situation. He flunked that, in spades. But go on, keep clapping for him...