Direct TV Supercast

What did they use last year for content delivery, just normal streaming?

Interesting that they are switching to Adobe AIR.

Some Windows Media derivative. I use Macs at home and had to install Windows on dual boot to view it. I'm not familiar with Adobe AIR, but I'm happy not to have to fire up Windows to run it.

in a prediciment myself. Debating to get superfan for the stream, or just buy a slingbox for my directtv.

I work every other sunday, and work blocks alot of websites.

I think Dierctv is well on there way to losing subscriptions because of the cost of Sunday Ticket with Superfan.Its close to $400 for that package and it restricts you to your house every Sunday.I dont understand why they charge extra for the Superfan which really only makes games available in H-D.Needless to say i cancelled the Sunday Ticket.Ill go to a bar and watch the games for free in H-D(aside from beers and wings) :unsure:

Needless to say i cancelled the Sunday Ticket.Ill go to a bar and watch the games for free in H-D(aside from beers and wings) :unsure:

That's certainly an option; however, if you spend approx. $25/week (16 weeks) you're just breaking even.

I think Dierctv is well on there way to losing subscriptions because of the cost of Sunday Ticket with Superfan.Its close to $400 for that package and it restricts you to your house every Sunday.I dont understand why they charge extra for the Superfan which really only makes games available in H-D.Needless to say i cancelled the Sunday Ticket.Ill go to a bar and watch the games for free in H-D(aside from beers and wings) :unsure:

I was wondering what will happen next year after all programming is converted to digital. Will there be anything available other than HD for NFL games? If so, will that mean the end of forced Superfan packages at $99/year?

I think if the NFL suddenly loses that Superfan revenue, they'll make it up with a higher NFL ticket price that approaches the $300.00 mark.

You get a couple other advantages from SuperFan: the 8 games in a box with jump capability; RedZone Channel; local re-broadcast of teams half hour shows -ala The Marv Levy Show, as well as HD.

P.S. The price is higher now than $99 -oh BTW..

I was wondering what will happen next year after all programming is converted to digital. Will there be anything available other than HD for NFL games? If so, will that mean the end of forced Superfan packages at $99/year?

I think if the NFL suddenly loses that Superfan revenue, they'll make it up with a higher NFL ticket price that approaches the $300.00 mark.

Good question.That never occured to me but i suspect you maybe right.Theyll increase thn Ticket package.BTW when do you suppose Dish Network or one of the other sat/cable suppliers challenge this exclusive programming rights with the NFL/ Directv in court,along with the Madden video games ,because in essense they are nothing but monopolies?

Good question.That never occured to me but i suspect you maybe right.Theyll increase thn Ticket package.BTW when do you suppose Dish Network or one of the other sat/cable suppliers challenge this exclusive programming rights with the NFL/ Directv in court,along with the Madden video games ,because in essense they are nothing but monopolies?

Nice run-on. DirecTV's exclusive deal with the NFL runs through the 2010 season. It's not a monopoly because (a) DirecTV is just a distributor of programming owned by the NFL; and (b) you can get NFL games on the regular networks -- just not ALL of them.

Nice run-on. DirecTV's exclusive deal with the NFL runs through the 2010 season. It's not a monopoly because (a) DirecTV is just a distributor of programming owned by the NFL; and (b) you can get NFL games on the regular networks -- just not ALL of them.

Yea i guess your right,and i do have Directv,I just think it would be cheaper if any competatior was offered.$400 is alot to watch football,

id rather get season tix

And the NFL isn't even the only football programming available.

This is not related to the discussion but does anyone know if you can pay-per-view individual weeks with Sunday Ticket? I enjoy watching games at a local sports bar but I will be returning from a trip on Opening Day; not getting back until 2:30 or so. I would like to purchase 1 week and DVR the game and start watching when I get home. I don't want to purchase the season since I like going out for the games. Anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks.