Obama & McCain talk faith w/ Rick Warren

JK2000

Isn't "adhering to the constitution" a pretty big part of a SC Justice's job? Why would McCain vote to confirm someone who he feels hasn't "adhered to the constitution"? Shouldn't "not adhering to the constitution" and "legislating from the bench" which results in "some of the worst damage" be classified as dangerous?

"Pretty" is not a necessary modifier of "big." It's like using "very." Usually serves the purpose of weakening the adjective when the intent is the opposite.

In AmE, we place the punctuation inside the quotation mark.

Results should be result--no "s."

A comma generally precedes which when setting off a dependent clause.

I'm sorry. Did you say something? Are you getting the memo yet? Don't be a douchebag about grammar on a bulletin board unless someone writes like a 3rd grader.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Pretty" is not a necessary modifier of "big." It's like using "very." Usually serves the purpose of weakening the adjective when the intent is the opposite.

In AmE, we place the punctuation inside the quotation mark.

Results should be result--no "s."

A comma generally precedes which when setting off a dependent clause.

I'm sorry. Did you say something? Are you getting the memo yet? Don't be a douchebag about grammar on a bulletin board unless someone writes like a 3rd grader.

Awww did I hurt your feelings because I exposed your dreamboat McCain as being a hypocrite?

Awww did I hurt your feelings because I exposed your dreamboat McCain as being a hypocrite?

No. I'm done with you on that point. You're wrong and being a partisan moron. There are lots of them on both sides here. Welcome to the club. You sit on the same side of the isle as PastaJoe and opposite Wacka.

No. I'm done with you on that point. You're wrong and being a partisan moron. There are lots of them on both sides here. Welcome to the club. You sit on the same side of the isle as PastaJoe and opposite Wacka.

Same side of the isle or aisle????????

Don't lump me in with Pasta Joe!

Isle. You partisan douchebags are all of the same breed, just different sides.

Now that's two morons who don't know that the expression is "other side of the aisle/across the aisle" and not "other side of the isle/across the aisle".

Now that's two morons who don't know that the expression is "other side of the aisle/across the aisle" and not "other side of the isle/across the aisle".

How do you know he wasn't referring to Cyprus, you cretin?

Thanks for the compliment. We can always agree to disagree.

Someone posted here a link from Alan Alda's character on The West Wing...that's probably my favorite scene from the entire series..."if you have a question about religion, go to church".

Most TV critics say the Arnold Vinick (Alda) character on that show was modeled after McCain.

We'll see. I don't think we've really seen the true John McCain yet.

As for the election, I put Obama's odds of winning at 2-1 in his favor. Maybe 3-1. If the Democrats can't regain the White House this year, they might never regain it.

And I'm a McCain supporter. I should have supported him 8 years ago.

That was me, mike. Happy that at least one person watched it. Agreed that it was the best scene/episode of the series, and that's saying something. Regardless of the politics of Bartlett and staff, it was so well written and acted; kind of pulled me into being a bit of a political junkie (along with 'uncle' Tim R). For anyone who missed out on Alda (I believe he got an Emmy for the Vinick performance), you really missed out. The point from the clip is one that more people should take to heart. (As someone who voted Romney in the primary b/c I think he'd've been a good administrator president who can come in and fix some f---ed up situations like he did many times in the past, it's painful that the reason he probably didn't get the nod is simply b/c he's a Mormon in a party with an Evangelical base.)

And how prescient was that election when you think back on it now? The characters are pretty darn close. Santos = Obama, Vinick = McCain.

Same side of the isle or aisle????????

Again with the multiple punctuation marks?

Doesn't matter a whit if I make mistakes. We all do. But you think that grammar correction somehow makes your point, when you have little grasp of grammar yourself.

Again with the multiple punctuation marks?

Doesn't matter a whit if I make mistakes. We all do. But you think that grammar correction somehow makes your point, when you have little grasp of grammar yourself.

Their is a difference between minor grammar/punctuation mistakes and butchering the common idiom "reaching across the aisle" into "reaching across the isle". An isle is an island while an aisle is a space for walking between seating, shelving, and the like. Is this too much for you to comprehend? You probably still think "guerilla warfare" is "gorilla warfare".

Their is a difference between minor grammar/punctuation mistakes and butchering the common idiom "reaching across the aisle" into "reaching across the isle". An isle is an island while an aisle is a space for walking between seating, shelving, and the like. Is this too much for you to comprehend? You probably still think "guerilla warfare" is "gorilla warfare".

Punctuation marks go inside the quotes. And I don't think "guerilla" warfare is gorilla warfare. But I sometimes get confused about guerRilla warfare.

I envisioned a beach ceremony, so isle is appropriate.

Isle. You partisan douchebags are all of the same breed, just different sides.

You're the one throwing around the character attacks, and we're the douchebags!? :unsure: I would have responded sooner, but I just got back from the beach on the isle.