I would like to formally apologize

Guest dog14787
lol

You nailed it. Trent's only had one such "game" and it was only two series. When he strings three or four games even remotely close to that together then we can start talking about how good he is.

Most people here obviously have no idea that most QBs have a few good days sprinkled here and there. RJ did. Holcomb did. Hobert did. Van Pelt did.

None of them did it on a regular basis though and that's what's important. Two series in preseason with no other such play is definitely encouraging, but hardly a trend. And Polamalu was out too and where did Trent's two TD passes go, Royal. The guy that Polamalu probably would have had. Who was taking his place. (rhetorical)

It's a funny thing though, one game of a couple series like this and it's "see I told you so," and apologies about being wrong, and all kinds of other stuff in a message board lovefest, but four or five games of garbage play means nothing.

That's where the amusement kicks in.

Nawww, I'll start saying how good TE is right now if its all the same to you :thumbsup:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda hope you get hit by a car. You know, so you understand why everyone thinks you're an idiot for wishing injury on someone else.

Hey, it will make this board better, so I guess we are allowed to root for it.

I think Marshawn should be driving the car, it'd only be fitting.

Nawww, I'll start saying how good TE is right now if its all the same to you :thumbsup:

Well, we can agree, he was very good for two series. If it's all the same to you I will temper my enthusiasm with the fact that it was during the preseason against a marginal secondary missing two starters and without a single impressive starting player otherwise. It was obviously a long overdue and necessary development, but it's unlikely that he's going to play like that consistently from now on. But hey, I hope I'm wrong obviously. :)

In other news, did allowing 138 net yards defensively through three series and not even a full half by the defense on a unit that it supposed to "be a beast" this year impress you?

No sacks, not much pressure on Roethlisburger except after many seconds when he couldn't find an open receiver.

I think he does need to apologise so speak for yourself :thumbsup:

I agree, I wish more would man up to knee jerk posts. But the whole injury thing is just wrong dude. I wanted Trent to get hurt because I thought JP was a better QB? no offense, but it just doesn't sound intelligent.

Hopefully this is the beginning of TE's & the offense's break out, looks like they were running that offense for years. While it is only pre-season and I can't get too excited, I really liked the play calling. It was refreshing not being predictable. I was rooting for Fairchild to be sick and bed ridden last season, but at least he's gone now....

In other news, did allowing 138 net yards defensively through three series and not even a full half by the defense on a unit that it supposed to "be a beast" this year impress you?

Starters were in for 2 series and forced one turnover. BR made some really nice throws. They do need to get more pressure, but I think once they incorporate some blitzes, they'll be fine. All in all a good performance as far as pre-season goes...

I agree, I wish more would man up to knee jerk posts. But the whole injury thing is just wrong dude. I wanted Trent to get hurt because I thought JP was a better QB? no offense, but it just doesn't sound intelligent.

Hopefully this is the beginning of TE's & the offense's break out, looks like they were running that offense for years. While it is only pre-season and I can't get too excited, I really liked the play calling. It was refreshing not being predictable. I was rooting for Fairchild to be sick and bed ridden last season, but at least he's gone now....

Starters were in for 2 series and forced one turnover. BR made some really nice throws. They do need to get more pressure, but I think once they incorporate some blitzes, they'll be fine. All in all a good performance as far as pre-season goes...

O whoops i missed that, That is not ever needed on this boad or in the NFL for that matter the poster should apogize for that but for voicing his opinion about someones play i see no problem with that

Guest dog14787

yes, the play calling was refreshing and so was the execution. :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
So the judgments you had about him after a few games as a rookie are replaced by judgments formed by watching him in one preseason game against what probably is a mediocre team?

If you where addressing me with the question I would say I've always known how good TE is going to be and I've never wavered. He looked good last year considering the state of the team and coaching staff. I've said it all along, Fairchild killed the offense, a Rookie QB with young players around him didn't help matters , but fairchild killed the offense :)

TE will bring championship home to Buffalo one day because he's that good :thumbsup:

If you where addressing me with the question I would say I've always known how good TE is going to be and I've never wavered. He looked good last year considering the state of the team and coaching staff. I've said it all along, Fairchild killed the offense, a Rookie QB with young players around him didn't help matters , but fairchild killed the offense :)

TE will bring championship home to Buffalo one day because he's that good :thumbsup:

I am undecided on Fairchild, and at this point, I don't care if he was the problem or not. I still don't think our line is good enough. Walker will only be a serviceable tackle at best and Fowler just isn't good enough at center and never will be. The jury is out on Butler. We focused on the offensive line just one offseason in the last 10+ years, and that can't happen if you want to succeed

Guest dog14787
I am undecided on Fairchild, and at this point, I don't care if he was the problem or not. I still don't think our line is good enough. Walker will only be a serviceable tackle at best and Fowler just isn't good enough at center and never will be. The jury is out on Butler. We focused on the offensive line just one offseason in the last 10+ years, and that can't happen if you want to succeed

I have zero argument with you on that because it all starts up front.

What's the title of this thread, jackhole? He already DID apologize. Problem here is, nobody wants to accept it. That makes YOU guys the losers, not him.

He apologized for not liking Trent. He defends his desire to wish harm on people he doesn't like. Who's the buttnugget?

He explained that he didn't want him to get seriously hurt, just hurt bad enough that they'd put Losman into the game. You guys (and girls, apparently) are too stupid for words. But whatever, not like I expected Mensa here, not with the likes of krazykat being allowed to run amock. :worthy:

Oh and if I ever get to see Tom Brady or any of his !@#$ing linemen get carted off the field with broken legs, I'll see which of you humanitarians are crying.