Jp Losman Trent edward

georg793

Before some of you get in a tizzy about this, know that this opinion I hold isn't something I've flip-flopped on as the coaching staff has. Losman has been my guy all along. Nor is this an indictment of Edwards play has been above-average, and the level of comfort he's given the coaching staff is very, very rare for a player with his experience. He has a bright future. The point I'm making here is that the time to bring that future to the forefront has not yet arrived.

Edwards is good enough to keep this team in games; Losman is good enough to win them. It's true that the coaching staff prefers a methodical offensive approach that favors the run and time of possession, something that Edwards' style of play is very conducive to. But with opposing defenses loading up the box with 8 defenders to stop RB Marshawn Lynch - Buffalo's only consistent offensive threat this season - Losman is the smarter choice to relax that style of defense and open up the offense. That's not to say Edwards can't accomplish that - Losman is just better at it, right now. It's safe to say that Losman hasn't been given the same opportunity and patience to grow as other young quarterbacks have. One in particular by the name of Eli Manning—who was drafted the same year as Losman—entered last season as a huge question mark before leading his team to a Super Bowl win.

After the 2008 season, Losman will be a free agent. Given a chance, JP will be a winner in this league. He's only 27, has a rocket for an arm, and merely needs the confidence of a head coach to breed the success originally predicted when he first entered the league. Thanks to Trent Edwards, that won't happen in Buffalo. As for some other lucky NFL team, it may happen for them sooner than later.

:D :D

give it a rest.

I really hope the Bills dump him this season, just so we don't see 1000 more of these posts.

I didn't join for a long time because of your type, Mr. og poster.

Would be great to see Edwards traded

Before some of you get in a tizzy about this, know that this opinion I hold isn't something I've flip-flopped on as the coaching staff has. Losman has been my guy all along. Nor is this an indictment of Edwards play has been above-average, and the level of comfort he's given the coaching staff is very, very rare for a player with his experience. He has a bright future. The point I'm making here is that the time to bring that future to the forefront has not yet arrived.

Edwards is good enough to keep this team in games; Losman is good enough to win them. It's true that the coaching staff prefers a methodical offensive approach that favors the run and time of possession, something that Edwards' style of play is very conducive to. But with opposing defenses loading up the box with 8 defenders to stop RB Marshawn Lynch - Buffalo's only consistent offensive threat this season - Losman is the smarter choice to relax that style of defense and open up the offense. That's not to say Edwards can't accomplish that - Losman is just better at it, right now. It's safe to say that Losman hasn't been given the same opportunity and patience to grow as other young quarterbacks have. One in particular by the name of Eli Manning—who was drafted the same year as Losman—entered last season as a huge question mark before leading his team to a Super Bowl win.

After the 2008 season, Losman will be a free agent. Given a chance, JP will be a winner in this league. He's only 27, has a rocket for an arm, and merely needs the confidence of a head coach to breed the success originally predicted when he first entered the league. Thanks to Trent Edwards, that won't happen in Buffalo. As for some other lucky NFL team, it may happen for them sooner than later.

Agree. One of these 2 QBs shows more determination with his play and appears more the emotional field general with the entire offense. One of them looks more willing and able to make the big play. One has more experience. One is more athletic and can use that to make a play now and then. One is probably tougher to game plan against. In every case it's not Trent.

I really think for this front office, the choice has come down to money.

Agree. One of these 2 QBs shows more determination with his play and appears more the emotional field general with the entire offense. One of them looks more willing and able to make the big play. One has more experience. One is more athletic and can use that to make a play now and then. One is probably tougher to game plan against. In every case it's not Trent.

If both QB's suck, why pay for the more expensive one?

PTR

That's fine and all but you can have all the talent in the world and still make poor decisions. I'm a fan of JP's and have been since he was drafted. The kid has all the talent in the world but he just doesn't seem to get "it" whatever "it" is. I hope that it clicks for him one day I really do either here or elsewhere. He's everything you want from a QB on paper(or message board) but I'm not sure he has the best instincts in the world and NFL QB might be one of the most instinctual jobs around.

One bounces passes to his receivers. One has had three years to make a case to start in the NFL. One has had a lot of athleticism to make plays but has not. Once has a cannon are that has helped win some games, but has lost most of his games. One gets sacked a lot. One turns the ball over a lot. One is in the wrong system. That is not Trent

That's fine and all but you can have all the talent in the world and still make poor decisions. I'm a fan of JP's and have been since he was drafted. The kid has all the talent in the world but he just doesn't seem to get "it" whatever "it" is. I hope that it clicks for him one day I really do either here or elsewhere. He's everything you want from a QB on paper(or message board) but I'm not sure he has the best instincts in the world and NFL QB might be one of the most instinctual jobs around.

JP = Todd Collins. It might just take him 13 years before he actually gets "it". The difference is that we got Todd in the 2nd Round and JP in the first. Both are busts. JP should be a career backup because his erratic downfield play compliments a real NFL QB well, in the case that he gets into the game.

The kid has all the talent in the world but he just doesn't seem to get "it" whatever "it" is. I hope that it clicks for him one day I really do either here or elsewhere. He's everything you want from a QB on paper(or message board) but I'm not sure he has the best instincts in the world and NFL QB might be one of the most instinctual jobs around.

Sounds like another Bills QB they had in the late 90s/early 2000s :D