fasten your safety belts

Da Big Man

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Points

1. The Bills looked very much like last year- very good special teams, an OL that pass blocks fairly well and can't run block, a defense that looks scrappy but still can't stop 3rd down plays and wears down late in the game- two QBs that are each flawed in their own special way.

2. Hardy and Fine showed some nice qualities

3. Move Bell to LT now and Walker back to RT and Chambers to the bench

4. Peters might have to move to DT when he comes back

I make it a rule not to take anyone seriously who uses pics of hot babes in their avatars that aren't them.

And the Bills' First Team Defense made our First Team Offense look actually good, if that's even possible. I make no predictions other than this, if they don't drastically improve at ALL areas, the Bills won't come NEAR the expectations of the most optimistic posters or media members and will be lucky to finish ahead of Miami.

Wow, it's amazing that you guys can tell all this from 2 series in the first preseason game. The whole purpose of the preseason is to work out the bugs, that is what they are trying to do. Let the coaches (who, by the way, know far more about football than our buddies thurmanthomas and da big man here on TBD) do their jobs. Wait until the end of the season, or at least the actual season, to start pissing and moaning.

Wow, it's amazing that you guys can tell all this from 2 series in the first preseason game. The whole purpose of the preseason is to work out the bugs, that is what they are trying to do. Let the coaches (who, by the way, know far more about football than our buddies thurmanthomas and da big man here on TBD) do their jobs. Wait until the end of the season, or at least the actual season, to start pissing and moaning.

Nope, I'll start bitching and moaning now. I can see the forest through the trees. These guys get paid big money to play football. The new plays have nothing to do with poor passing and poor field vision, dropped passes and incomplete routes. New teammates on D dosen't equate ZERO pass rush and the inability to stop on third down and poor tackling, again. I've seen enough to know ,I've seen to much. You keep your cockeyed optimism we'll chat again mid-season when we are less than .500, em K :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787

Our rookies had a positive impact on the game and thats a good thing :thumbsup:

Maybe we should go back to the Levy coaching Era to really understand what a preseason game is all about wich is evaluating players period, heck, I don't think we ever had a winning record in preseason yet we made it to four superbowls. :wallbash:

So everyone thats ready to hit the panick button relax, geeesh, its the first preseason game against a pretty good NFC team playing in their second preseason game.

How about that TD by Hardy, think about that because its not the first time Hardy is going to reel in TD's and make it look easy with someone crawling up his back. I wanted Malcom Kelly in the draft, luckily our scouts and front office had better ideas, much better ideas.

We picked up two awesome, awesome weapons in Hardy and Mckelvin and we seen glimpses of what both of them will do, awesome stuff :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
Nope, I'll start bitching and moaning now. I can see the forest through the trees. These guys get paid big money to play football. The new plays have nothing to do with poor passing and poor field vision, dropped passes and incomplete routes. New teammates on D dosen't equate ZERO pass rush and the inability to stop on third down and poor tackling, again. I've seen enough to know ,I've seen to much. You keep your cockeyed optimism we'll chat again mid-season when we are less than .500, em K :thumbsup:

first preseason game and you got it all figured out, geesh, get a brain buddy :thumbsup:

fine the bills suck and will be 0-16 this year...they've proven they have fixed nothing and have actually gotten worse!...you have said the same thing in everyone of your responses...we got it....we understand that you think the bills suck...now go away

A couple of my thoughts the day after..

1 I dont think its panic time at St John Fisher but I wouldnt be surprised if there isnt some serious headscratching going on.

2. There will be some serious text messaging between Whitner and Peters this week..

so you are saying it's a waste of time since we will be less than a .500 team, we shouldn't even bother playing the games? ok got it buddy :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
A couple of my thoughts the day after..

1 I dont think its panic time at St John Fisher but I wouldnt be surprised if there isnt some serious headscratching going on.

2. There will be some serious text messaging between Whitner and Peters this week..

Trent Edwards might even drop him a line because he's one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle, without him our O-line becomes average at best and gets man handled, it makes zero sense not to be negotiating. :thumbsup:

Trent Edwards might even drop him a line because he's one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle, without him our O-line becomes average at best and gets man handled, it makes zero sense not to be negotiating. :thumbsup:

his value goes up every time the 1st team offense goes out there..lol

I'm sure it would be much easier to negotiate if he would actually talk to the team. Hard to have talks when someone's not talking...