Buffalo Bills vs. Washington Redskins Game Day Preview

SDS

Wow, your Staff Columnist did a very comprehensive job! Looking forward to GAME TIME!!!!!!!

Things I'm hoping to see...something out of a WR not named Evans (preferably named Parish). Stoutness against the run. Strong LB play. A TE, any TE take a step forward and give us a glimpse of hope.

Hmm. That piece sounds strangely familiar.

:lol:

I like the look. Feedback is always welcome, of course, and I do have a question for the board: Should the format stay as-is, with all the broadcast info and last-meeting capsule at the top, or would you rather read the actual preview first? I'd thought about spinning the radio/TV stuff off into a sidebar, but after seeing the finished product, I think that would make a mess of the page.

Since there's not much point to predicting the outcome of preseason games, I'll stick with the "Players To Watch" motif before switching back for the regular-season opener.

I also figured I'd add a link back to this thread in case anyone wanted to chime in after reading, but that seems to have made the entire story disappear. Uh-oh. Sorry about that, chief ...

it's back now.

I need to do some layout design to increase the readability. I just had to get something together at lunch, so we could get it out the door.

Obviously, suggestions on the format/layout are always welcome.

Probably the greatest time-saving discovery of my recent history occurred last season when I realized I could forgo almost everything written in the media (esp. the nat'l media) about the Bills, in favor of Lori's previews before the game, and Bill in NYC's reviews afterwards.

If only I had something worthwhile to do with all of this time I've got on my hands.

kj

Things I'm hoping to see...something out of a WR not named Evans

Actually I would like to see something from Evans. I'm kind of tired of him getting off to a slow start every year. When and if he ever becomes a superstar in this league then he can take it easy in preseason but he needs to show more in the first half of the season. I hope that the coaches let him get some extra work and maybe knock off the rust early this year.